Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Interesting Article on Michael Westbrook

Print  
Posted By Message

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
TEMPE, Ariz. -- It was early evening at Arizona Combat Sports and the man behind the counter had his feet propped on a desk and his hands folded comfortably behind his head.

A visitor inquired about the whereabouts of Michael Westbrook.

"I'm Michael Westbrook,'' the man said as he stood and offered a handshake and smile.
Those are gestures Westbrook couldn't offer with much certainty or happiness a decade ago in the middle of a turbulent NFL career, when outrageous expectations, eggs bouncing off his front door and rumors about his sexual orientation made life miserable.

As Westbrook, 35, began giving a tour of the mixed-martial arts training facility, he was downright gleeful. Funny, but the writer and photographer he guided are members of the media, a group Westbrook collectively despised when he was playing wide receiver for the Washington Redskins and failing to live up to the lofty expectations that came with being the fourth overall pick in the 1995 draft.

Source

Post #1   4/16/08 9:42:15PM   

xposipx

go vegan

xposipx Avatar

Career:2,818-1,561
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Wow, cool story. He was actually a really good athlete obviously in the wrong sport. I remembered him being pretty good and just never panning out. Glad he found something he likes to do though.

Post #2   4/16/08 11:42:38PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:
I would always see him at the mall in Boulder as a kid. He was always buying katanas and various knives from the mall. Also, he always had a super hot blonde chick with him. I still remember the video of him beating a dudes face in at practice. Knee on belly with massive rights to the dome.

Post #3   4/17/08 1:07:39AM