Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC heavyweight champion Tim (The Maine-iac) Sylvia says bring it on

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   2/22/07 3:23:08PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
Good. I'd like to see Tim get a little fire in the belly and start planting guys again. I was glad to see Arlovski clobber Cruz. If Sylvia and Herring can raise their game a notch, back to where they once were, the UFC will suddenly have a few world-class Heavyweights. I think Mir could be in that group too. And all of these guys are still young: Sylvia is 31 next month, Herring is 29, Arlovski is 28, and Mir is 26-27.

Post #2   2/22/07 4:22:31PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
I agree I think if TIM gets fired up he will start finishing fights.

Maybe he felt bad for monson, and thats why he didn't finish him, or maybe he couldn't I don't know. Monson wanted out of the fight though, and tapping would make you look like a puss.

I'd Rather see randy win cause I like the legends of the sport. I Don't hate tim though like most the guys on the net do, and I think he is a ok guy that just does sit well with the fans. He does things that make people think the might be cocky he maybe, but thats part of the sport to bring in more sells get people fired up to watch the ppv. No one is gonna say I'm gonna walk in that ring, and get the crap kicked out of me

Last edited 2/22/07 6:48PM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   2/22/07 6:47:16PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think he just has a chip on his shoulder. Still a great fighter, but he would go a long way towards winning back fan support if he finished Randy.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/22/07 6:49:40PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
At this point I don't think tim will get much respect from the internet for a long time anyways. It's kinda like matt alot people just don't like them, and may never like them.

I agree though beating randy... might not help the rep much. However if he beats cro crop( doubtful, but always possible) then people will start giving him some respect as a fighter. I think if he cleans his act up a bit, and shows fans hes really a nice guy it will help.

Posted by hippysmacker

I think he just has a chip on his shoulder. Still a great fighter, but he would go a long way towards winning back fan support if he finished Randy.

Last edited 2/22/07 7:21PM server time by shackle

Post #5   2/22/07 7:20:29PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by shackle

At this point I don't think tim will get much respect from the internet for a long time anyways. It's kinda like matt alot people just don't like them, and may never like them.

I agree though beating randy... might not help the rep much. However if he beats cro crop( doubtful, but always possible) then people will start giving him some respect as a fighter. I think if he cleans his act up a bit, and shows fans hes really a nice guy it will help.

Posted by hippysmacker

he already has my respect as a fighter...he needs my respect as a person,and a champion

Post #6   2/22/07 7:27:18PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I love how Randy is talkin smack about Tim saying things like: He isnt going out there to win, He is fighting not to lose, he loves his belt too much.
And i havent really heard Tim say somethin bad about Randy except he is gonna beat him. Has Tim actually said anything bad yet. Cuz nothing in that interview seemed off the wall.
Do people just like Randy so much they assume Tim is talking smack?

Post #7   2/22/07 8:37:23PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

I love how Randy is talkin smack about Tim saying things like: He isnt going out there to win, He is fighting not to lose, he loves his belt too much.
And i havent really heard Tim say somethin bad about Randy except he is gonna beat him. Has Tim actually said anything bad yet. Cuz nothing in that interview seemed off the wall.
Do people just like Randy so much they assume Tim is talking smack?

I haven't heard him talk any smack about Randy. He has talked a lot about Arlovski, Monson,when they were fighting. Also Lebanner, which isn't his fault. LeBanner said he would like to fight him and some guy with a fake Sylvia myspace account started a war of words with him. He did call out Vera and Fedor( bad idea IMO) . I still think he has a chip on shoulder, but a lot of his past comments are just for hyping the fights to me.

Last edited 2/22/07 8:47PM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/22/07 8:47:25PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I think finishing Randy (which I think he will) will help him. However, if he pulls out the long shot (extremely long) against Mirko I think the hate will pick up. There will be threads all over the net about the "luck" and the "puncher's chance" etc... Mirko's loss to Randleman was much more surprising (IMO) than one to Tim would be. Also, I just think that this is the way it would work, if he beat him 2X ppl would still argue (like they do w/ AA) There's a certain level that ppl will always dislike him, hell if he beat Fedor (not that I'm saying that would happen, any more than I'm saying he could beat Mirko) ppl would say he had to lose an upset eventually so of course it would be "the upset" or whatever... He looks awkward, he talks awkwardly, ppl just don't (and prob'ly won't) like him. He's still the UFC HVY champ, and he's still (prob'ly) gonna KO Randy, there's a certain amount of respect that I feel he is due.

Post #9   2/22/07 10:14:31PM