Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

5 reasons why mixed martial arts is better than anything

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   2/22/07 3:21:11PM   

danny81

MMA Regular

Career:1-
Chips:
MMA guys generally are college-educated and went to Division I schools.

is this a joke?? look at chuck Lidell. or yes most of them are college educated but thats on a WRESTLING SCHOLARSHIP. he acts like these guys are really smart. not dissing the MMA fighters but comeon. if therwe was boxing scholarships there would be a ton more boxers graduating from college

Post #2   7/24/07 7:39:45PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
boxing has been an established profession for almost a century, and the sport was so big that almost everyone who competed decently was paid enough to not have to work. Mma fighters, until the last few years had to work a real job to support their mma careers. Griffin used to be a cop, carlos newton was in medschool when he was defending his title against hughes (if i remember correctly). Also, a lot of martial artists learn values such as hardwork, persistence and discipline and apply them to other aspects of their lives. I think that this environment produces a more intelligent and stable athlete than the boxing atmosphere does.

Post #3   9/25/07 12:46:02AM