Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

LUTTER'S GAME PLAN IS SIMPLE FOR FRANKLIN

Print  
Posted By Message

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Travis "The Serial Killer" Lutter heads into the Ultimate Fighting Championship octagon this weekend against Rich "Ace" Franklin confident and eager to get one step closer to a rematch with UFC middleweight champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva.

Click on this

Post #1   4/14/08 8:14:14AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
This fight is kinda sitting quietly in the shadows of GSP/Serra 2, But Rich Frankilin Vs Travis Lutter is a awsome match up.

Its not gonna be easy for Rich to get a KO, But Travis isnt gonna get a easy sub either. 5 got this fight at about 50/50, And im far from sure on my pick too.

UFC 83 is gonna be madddddd.

Post #2   4/14/08 10:16:39AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
And i get to miss it because i'm on holiday

Anybody know if the UFC is big in Portugal ???????

Post #3   4/15/08 1:02:59AM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
the only thing he should have in his mind is, I hope i don't get knocked the fook out"

Post #4   4/15/08 1:11:03AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
I am really looking forward to this fight. I think Lutter has a legitimate shot at subbing Franklin.

Post #5   4/15/08 8:25:03PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Lutter's Game Plan = Be Anderson Silva

Post #6   4/15/08 8:36:51PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I hope Lutter can do it. Not sure he can. The key will be keeping it on the ground.

Post #7   4/15/08 9:10:46PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
I think Rich's weakness is on the ground. We dont see him there very much at all and when we do, ala` Yushin Okami, he nearly gets subbed. He was a camels hair away from losing that fight.

So my summary is this:

Lutter must take Rich down to have any chance at winning this fight. If he is going to do it, he'll have to do it early because Lutter's conditioning is nowhere near Rich's. I don't think too many have his cardio and Lutter has proven time and again his conditioning is rather questionable for a top 5 middleweight.

Rich must keep the fight standing, and with his strength I think he has a good opportunity to keep the fight there. He is much larger than travis in terms of musculature. If he successfully defends Lutter's take downs early on, and Lutter avoids getting knocked out, Rich will go on to a decision win via his superior standup, superior to Travis that is. I'll say that if Rich doesn't knock Lutter out in the first couple minutes of the first round, he's not going to.

I'm picking Lutter via 2nd round sub simply because I think he's younger, hungrier, and Rich is still gun shy from getting his ass handed to him twice by Silva. I really think that had a huge impact on his mind. He was the top dog by a large margin, the exact same way Anderson is now. I mean, prior to Silva's stomp through the ranks, who could challenge Rich Franklin in a serious way? Okami is the only one to even locate a chink in his armor. I dont think it's because Rich is a world class striker at all either. His training regimen is what is superior in his game.

Post #8   4/15/08 9:34:06PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
This is a huge fight. For both guys. If Lutter can weather a stand up storm early and get it to the ground, its his fight to win. I have Lutter winning buy Sub in the second

Post #9   4/15/08 9:40:23PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by saemskin

I think Rich's weakness is on the ground. We dont see him there very much at all and when we do, ala` Yushin Okami, he nearly gets subbed. He was a camels hair away from losing that fight.

So my summary is this:

Lutter must take Rich down to have any chance at winning this fight. If he is going to do it, he'll have to do it early because Lutter's conditioning is nowhere near Rich's. I don't think too many have his cardio and Lutter has proven time and again his conditioning is rather questionable for a top 5 middleweight.

Rich must keep the fight standing, and with his strength I think he has a good opportunity to keep the fight there. He is much larger than travis in terms of musculature. If he successfully defends Lutter's take downs early on, and Lutter avoids getting knocked out, Rich will go on to a decision win via his superior standup, superior to Travis that is. I'll say that if Rich doesn't knock Lutter out in the first couple minutes of the first round, he's not going to.

I'm picking Lutter via 2nd round sub simply because I think he's younger, hungrier, and Rich is still gun shy from getting his ass handed to him twice by Silva. I really think that had a huge impact on his mind. He was the top dog by a large margin, the exact same way Anderson is now. I mean, prior to Silva's stomp through the ranks, who could challenge Rich Franklin in a serious way? Okami is the only one to even locate a chink in his armor. I dont think it's because Rich is a world class striker at all either. His training regimen is what is superior in his game.

you make good points, i just want to interject a bit. Lutter is only 1 year younger then rich and you say that he is hungrier, but he is the same fighter who could not make weight for a title fight. i think to say younger and hungrier are reasons he will win is a mistake because he is insignificantly younger, and i believe Rich is hungrier and wants to prove to everybody in the world that he is still a top 3 MW. Lutter hasn't convinced me he has ever been hungry in his career as, again, i mentioned he couldn't make weight for a title fight and didn't seem too motivated on the show either. and also, i believe Okami is a lot bigger and stronger then Lutter thus he was able to take Rich down and work the sub, which Rich was able to defend. Okami has overpowered a lot of MWs but against Franklin i seemed that he was in fact overpowered. i believe Franklin is too big and too string to get submitted by Lutter and gets the KO in the 2nd after peppering Lutter while feeling him out. just my opinion of corse

Post #10   4/15/08 10:09:35PM