Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

SEMMY SCHILT KO's MARK HUNT IN YOKOHAMA

Print  
Posted By Message

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
It had been more than six years since Mark Hunt's incredible 2001 World GP Tokyo Dome Final performance, when the New Zealand boxer dispatched K-1 stars Francisco Filho, Stefan Leko and Jerome LeBanner to become the first non-European K-1 World GP Champion. Hunt wanted very much to score another upset against the juggernaut that is Semmy Schilt.

Schilt towers a full 33cm/13" taller than Hunt, but from the bell the scrappy Kiwi undertook valiant attempts to overcome this disadvantage – leaping forward to throw the right overhand punch to the delight of the crowd. Hunt also strived to control the distance with low kicks. Alas, Schilt threw low kicks as well, and unfortunately for Hunt and for underdog fans everywhere, Schilt's kicks were a heck of a lot harder, and there were a heck of a lot more of them. By midway through the first round, Hunt's left leg had been brutalized.

To make matters worse, Hunt also received a hard left knee to the chops late in the round. As the seconds clicked down, Schilt went all-out, and at the clapper delivered a spinning back kick smack into his opponent's midsection. Hunt fell in a heap and lay there with pain tattooed on his face. A most convincing KO win for Schilt.

Post #1   4/14/08 2:17:01AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Chips:
please tell me someone has video to this?>

Post #2   4/14/08 2:17:46AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,523-1,604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Vid Link

Here man.

Post #3   4/14/08 2:22:07AM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
That dude is huge....Mark Hunt just got hit in the sweet spot. It was a shitty stoppage. He may of been losing the fight but he still wanted more.

Post #4   4/14/08 3:07:30AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Vid Link

Here man.

watch it u guys. The kick Schilt KOs Hunt w/ is wicked!

& of course its not a head kick, this IS mark hunt we're talking bout

Post #5   4/14/08 3:10:53AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
When I saw KO, I assumed he got knocked unconcious, and was terrified because thats not supposed to be possible.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   4/14/08 3:11:50AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
It looks like his long absence from K-1 has hurt him, while it was a body kick that stopped him, his once head definitely looks like its going soft. Schilt does have very strong leg kicks, maybes not Peter Aerts hard, but the arc of his low kick is so wide that even though it looks slow, its actually moving very quick. This wide arc makes them easier to block and counter as it gives more reaction space, but Hunt was too small to capitalise. These obviously wore Hunt down, but the punches to the head seemed to really take the wind out of his sails.

5 years out of K-1 is a long time, but 5 years ago Hunt would have taken those shots and just kept moving on like the terminator. Jerome Le Banner hit him a hell of a lot harder than Schilt did, and only got a towel thrown in, he couldnt KO the concrete headed Hunt. I'm really not sure where Hunt goes from this. Maybe if he gets back into shape and drills his skills he can have a few more exciting fights in K-1. He really did looks like he knew he was going to lose against Schilt. Semmy didnt even look bothered to be there, but Hunt didnt have a great deal of heart. I don't want to see him fight anymore if he is just looking for a paday.

Sefo appeared to have the same softening, Badr was throwing some pretty wicked knees but Sefo once took a full on battering from Hunt and literally laughed it off, but now we see him getting KO'd by the much smaller Badr Hari. Sefo looks like he was there to collect cash too, which is a shame, because he has the potential to be one of K-1s most exciting stars.

Badr Hari continues to be an interesting prospect, he certainly looked pretty slick and sharp last night, but he isn't going to be able to bulk up that much more, and the heavier he gets the more it will affect his crucial speed and he will lose his accuracy, as his opponents get more time to react to his strikes. And he will never be big enough to topple Schilt. We can only hope that someone does the seemingly impossible and cripples Schilt this year. Maybes retires him for good, I'd like to see Jerome do it.

Post #7   4/14/08 4:37:58AM   

Coloss

MMA Regular

Coloss Avatar

Career:64-28
Chips:
I think that such a containing spoiler thread is not good simply because still there are someones who still haven't watched the event...

Post #8   4/14/08 8:56:23AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Welcome to the spoiler forum mate!

Post #9   4/14/08 10:20:36AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
That's awesome. I love Semmy Schilt. I want to see him in the UFC so bad. He could be a force in the heavyweight division. Also, like everyone else I was in disbelief at the headline 'SCHILT KO"S MARK HUNT'. Clearly it was a TKO which makes much more sense. That mans head is filled with cement. Remember when Cro Cop kept kicking him in the head. He didn't seem fazed, it was scary.

Post #10   4/14/08 10:30:55AM   

Coloss

MMA Regular

Coloss Avatar

Career:64-28
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Ok, I agree that this is the Spoiler section of the forum, but when you write the spoiler directly in the title of the thread it becomes visible in the "Today's topics" tag and this is irritating, cuz I see it without want that And now, because of a random excited dude, the event will be half interesting for me and everyone else like me who had to read only the title of this thread. I agitate you not to do that anymore, please.

Last edited 4/14/08 11:32AM server time by coloss
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   4/14/08 11:31:34AM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:

Posted by Coloss

Posted by Mastodon2

Ok, I agree that this is the Spoiler section of the forum, but when you write the spoiler directly in the title of the thread it becomes visible in the "Today's topics" tag and this is irritating, cuz I see it without want that And now, because of a random excited dude, the event will be half interesting for me and everyone else like me who had to read only the title of this thread. I agitate you not to do that anymore, please.

Same old song and dance...

If you really don't want to know any fight results, just try to pry yourself away from these forums for a few days.
You are just asking for spoilers if you go onto a fighting forum, when you don't want to know the results of fights.

Post #12   4/14/08 12:18:16PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Chips:

Posted by stock

Posted by Coloss

Posted by Mastodon2

Same old song and dance...

If you really don't want to know any fight results, just try to pry yourself away from these forums for a few days.
You are just asking for spoilers if you go onto a fighting forum, when you don't want to know the results of fights.

lol

Post #13   4/14/08 7:19:14PM