Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture: Fight with Minotauro Nogueira ‘just doesn’t make sense’

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

.“… I’m 44 and looking at the end of my career. I want to fight the best guy in the world and be considered the best guy as well. That fight is the only way that will happen. It doesn’t make sense – the UFC is criticizing me for not fighting (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira, and I have a lot of respect for Nogueira. I think he’s a great fighter, but he’s been beat by Fedor twice. That fight doesn’t make sense for me right now. If I have more fights left in me after Fedor, maybe I’ll fight Nogueira then, but right now, it just doesn’t make sense.”

Embattled UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture — who still holds that designation because of legal reasons — shares his thoughts on a fight with interim UFC heavyweight champion, (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira. “Minotauro” called out “The Natural” after he defeated Tim Sylvia to earn the vacated belt; however, it appears that Couture (for now) is hellbent on fighting one fighter and one fighter only, Fedor Emelianenko.

LINK

Post #1   4/13/08 4:06:16PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
In my humble honest opinion, Randy would lose both fights.

Just my opinion! Don't get your hatin' on.

Last edited 4/13/08 4:14PM server time by TImW001
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   4/13/08 4:13:49PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
BS, i think this is just a bad match-up for randy and he knows it so Randy is ridin his wave to fedor. He beat tim and GG, yet nog doesnt make since. nog has beaten everyone expect for fedor (one was a NC), if Randy wants to be best fight the best and that includes nog cause Randy's record is not all impressive at HW

Post #3   4/13/08 4:17:40PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manak

BS, i think this is just a bad match-up for randy and he knows it so Randy is ridin his wave to fedor. He beat tim and GG, yet nog doesnt make since. nog has beaten everyone expect for fedor (one was a NC), if Randy wants to be best fight the best and that includes nog cause Randy's record is not all impressive at HW

i can see your point, but him having his last fight, who would you rather go for?? Fedor who is widely considered the best HW ever, or Nog who got smashed by Fedor and was never even close to looking like he had a chance, not taking anything away from Nog, but if randy beats him so what?? Fedor Smashed him twice. I know Randys record at HW isnt all that impressive, and its alot of hype, but he's done alot in this sport, and if he had more than a fight left in him, than yea Nog would be the obvious choice, but the age is catchin up to him, and he probably realized that his body can't take it anymore. so being his last fight, he obviously wants to go for Fedor, not the guy second to Fedor....

Post #4   4/13/08 4:45:17PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Manak

i can see your point, but him having his last fight, who would you rather go for?? Fedor who is widely considered the best HW ever, or Nog who got smashed by Fedor and was never even close to looking like he had a chance, not taking anything away from Nog, but if randy beats him so what?? Fedor Smashed him twice. I know Randys record at HW isnt all that impressive, and its alot of hype, but he's done alot in this sport, and if he had more than a fight left in him, than yea Nog would be the obvious choice, but the age is catchin up to him, and he probably realized that his body can't take it anymore. so being his last fight, he obviously wants to go for Fedor, not the guy second to Fedor....

Post #5   4/13/08 4:46:12PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,811-1,108
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I agree with the fact that he's trying to go for the biggest fight but he signed a contract and should honor that contract and fight Minotauro. The only reason he won't honor it is because he knows he'd lose and his fight with Fedor would be gone.

Post #6   4/13/08 4:51:58PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Sounds scared

Post #7   4/13/08 4:54:07PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

Sounds scared

He sure does, because he rather fight Fedor instead of the guy that got smashed by Fedor 2wice..........Im not a randy nuthugger but i just dont understand when people make accusations like this....but hey it might just be me

i dont think dishonoring his contract was the best way to do it, but he thought Fedor would end up in the UFC, just like everyone else thought every major star from pride would.

Last edited 4/13/08 5:08PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   4/13/08 4:59:59PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,315-1,557
Chips:
I hear "clucks".

Post #9   4/13/08 5:06:44PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,755-1,746
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ah man....whatever....I just want to see the guy frickin fight already, Fedor, Nog, AA, anyone he hasn't before would be cool with me. I don't even care what org he fights under, so long as I get to watch! What I am tired of though is all these stupid interviews with him that don't add up to a pile of beans!!!!

Post #10   4/13/08 5:10:43PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Manak

good point but either way i dont think randy could beat fedor or nog.

Post #11   4/13/08 5:16:40PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:
Randy is scarred of Nog.

Post #12   4/13/08 5:20:00PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i dont know that he would lose to both. i think he beat nog. he knows enough (plenty) on the ground to hold nog and pound him and he has good boxers to counter his stand up too. I just think that he wants to quite on top. And if he takes the chance and fights nog and looses... well that kinda seals the deal.. he'd probably never fight fedor. I think he see's one good fight left.

Post #13   4/13/08 5:29:07PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
Okay, so I am a huge captain america fan, but seriously....this whole thing has just gotten rediculous. I can't lie, I would love to see the Couture Fedore fight, but to pretend that Fedor is clearly the best heavyweight in the world at the current moment when he hasn't fought any legitimate contenders in two years is crazy. Beyond that, sure Randy Couture dismantled Gonzaga right....sure he did, and Gonzaga is a star on the rise right..... NO! The guy throws a good headkick to crocop and drops him...then he gets dismantled by Couture.....then he gets dropped by Fabrico Werdum...and before you know it the rising star is sittin on a 1 and 2 of his last three record....That hardly sounds like the best to me. now granted Gonzaga could come back and show us some talent in the future, but Couture's victory is looking less and less impressive. Furthermore, if Tim Silvia's big ass would have fought Couture as good as he did big Nog, then Randy would never have run through him the same way. I am not a Silvia fan, but he looked awful against Couture which makes me believe the back injury really was causing him severe pain. He picked Nog apart and got caught, who's to say Nogueira can't catch Randy on the ground ya know? So there we go over the past two fights...Now let's rewind to the three fights before those...you have a win over Mike Vanarsdale....and two severe ass beatings suffered at the hand of Chuck Liddell. Again, I am a huge fan of Couture, but this thing has just gotten out of hand. He needs to get off his high horse and realize that the fans want to see him fight and truly fight the best. Nog is in the top 5 for sure. If you can't get Fedor now, then fight Nogueira it just makes sence!

Post #14   4/13/08 5:41:41PM   

hodge

Standup Guy

hodge Avatar

Career:442-256
Chips:
Randy just stop talking

Post #15   4/13/08 5:50:02PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3