Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Overeem vs showgun

Print  
Posted By Message

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Hi
The last time these two met, i lost £25 because showgun got a tko in the second or third round. I thought, even though showgun was underfeated, that overeem would out power the chutebox star with 2 rounds and get the tko or front choke .even though alistar lost the first fight, Im still lent towards overeem in this new match up, 1st or 2nd round win. I've noticed that overeem tires out after 15minutes and that could be a problem for him as he has gone that way and lost several times in his career. Showgun is awesome, but i think he fights very brave and takes too many chances, like sakuraba does which normally leads to a loss. Do i have a good chance if i bet on overeem, any advise ?????

p.s Im the real keith hackney, giant killer with a win over joe son, i punched him in the balls !!!!!

Post #1   2/22/07 11:38:48AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Hi Keith,

Love your ninja pants. That first fight between them was great and I thought Overeem was taking it to Shogun for a while there. It should be a great bout

Post #2   2/22/07 2:47:11PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
Hi
Im keith hackney, i whacked jo son in the scrotum !!
Who you got... overeem or showgun ???

Post #3   2/22/07 3:53:16PM   

Hwarang

MMA Regular

Hwarang Avatar

Career:62-39
Camp: Islenska mma deildin
Chips:
I think Overeem can pull and upset in this fight

Post #4   2/22/07 3:54:21PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
Thats who im taking, im open to bets on this one, every event has a spoiler.
Overeem and diaz will shock the mma world this time round.... !!!

Post #5   2/22/07 4:02:08PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Should be a good fight, I'm just thinking of what it would do to the overall LHW rankings if Alistair wins...

Where would Oveream end up in the top ten??

How far would Rua move down??

A little MMA math could be thrown in too... If Chuck beat Alistair, how would the heavily touted Shogun fair against the Iceman?

I love fights like this that can have a real impact on things even though they are seemingly inconsiquential...

Probably get flamed for it, but kinda like Griffen / Jardine threw the UFC LHW scene on it's head, IMO.

Post #6   2/22/07 4:02:38PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
I think at this time, chuck is unstopable, only guy to push him was horn. No one since horn has gone that far with the ice-man.
If overeem beats showgun, i see him fighting rogerio again, then the winner gets vanderlei/henderson... thats what you would think, but pride always put fights together in the strangest ways, no ranking really.
Barnet beat hunt, then hunt fought fedor for the title ???? how'd they work that one out ???
The fight of the night for me is gomi/diaz.
I feel for diaz, although he talks trash, he's very good. Ufc screwed him with his title shot due to all the ultimate fighters coming through the shows. He's ready for a title shot, god help gomi coz diaz has it all. I seriously see diaz winning.

Post #7   2/22/07 4:12:58PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

I think at this time, chuck is unstopable, only guy to push him was horn. No one since horn has gone that far with the ice-man.
If overeem beats showgun, i see him fighting rogerio again, then the winner gets vanderlei/henderson... thats what you would think, but pride always put fights together in the strangest ways, no ranking really.
Barnet beat hunt, then hunt fought fedor for the title ???? how'd they work that one out ???
The fight of the night for me is gomi/diaz.
I feel for diaz, although he talks trash, he's very good. Ufc screwed him with his title shot due to all the ultimate fighters coming through the shows. He's ready for a title shot, god help gomi coz diaz has it all. I seriously see diaz winning.

I agree, fight of the night, I think... It is damn difficult to finish Hendo off, so me thinks we'll get more action out of that fight than most people think... IMO, Trigg / Misaki will be a great fight as well... In all seems like a damn good card, even with losing Yvel and Nakamura.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Diaz take it either... To be honest, I never minded much when Nick talked shit just because he would do it in the ring or wherever, not just behind the other fighters back... Whatever gets you fired up... If Gomi doesn't take this fight seriously then he's in big trouble...

Post #8   2/22/07 4:23:19PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Keith your sack punches are legendary. Anyway I sent tuou a 2 to 1 wager on Shogun for $40. I think Shogun Ko's him in the second. Also, think Diaz will lose by decision.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   2/22/07 4:26:39PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
diaz will take it, fight of the night. overeem, im not sure, thats why im holdong back on bets for pridefc, i'll bet more on ufc card.

Last edited 2/22/07 4:48PM server time by keith-hackney1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   2/22/07 4:33:30PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
Gomi has been stopped twice, diaz hasnt. only by decisions to larger fighters than him. When they said diaz would get k.o'd by lawler, diaz k.o'd him. Dont be surprised if diaz k.o's the champ.

Last edited 2/22/07 4:48PM server time by keith-hackney1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   2/22/07 4:36:18PM