Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Pound for Pound rankings

Print  
  Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Im sorry bout IMO Takanori Gomi...doesent deserve..even mention of being on this list. Gomi IMO is the most overrated fighter in the game. Im not bashing him at all....hes solid....but IMO if Gomi fights 155 ...lots of guys beat him....if he fights 170....he gets killed....that is if he was in the UFC....and him and Sakurai didnt get favored...just my opinion though.

Post #76   3/19/07 9:06:35PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
how is he overrated? he beat every contender to the belt including:

mishima
hansen
ralph gracie
krazy horse
jens pulver
luiz azeredo
kawajiri
mach
aurelio
ishida

any one of those guys (sans krazy horse and aurelio) could easily be the champ.

Post #77   3/19/07 9:13:03PM   

tyo

MMA Regular

tyo Avatar

Career:437-274
Camp: North End Submissions
Chips:
jason thacker
giant silva
the broklyn brawler
mike goldberg
warpath

Post #78   3/20/07 11:25:03PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Im sorry bout IMO Takanori Gomi...doesent deserve..even mention of being on this list. Gomi IMO is the most overrated fighter in the game. Im not bashing him at all....hes solid....but IMO if Gomi fights 155 ...lots of guys beat him....if he fights 170....he gets killed....that is if he was in the UFC....and him and Sakurai didnt get favored...just my opinion though.

mishima
hansen
ralph gracie
krazy horse
jens pulver
luiz azeredo
kawajiri
mach
aurelio
ishida

Hathcock clearly favors UFC over pride, thats why he thinks Gomi is overrated.

I think Gomi is overrated because anyone with a good gameplan to get the fight to the ground is capable of beating Gomi.

For Gomi to stay competitive hes really got to work on his ground game.

Post #79   3/21/07 1:06:48PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by hathcock32

mishima
hansen
ralph gracie
krazy horse
jens pulver
luiz azeredo
kawajiri
mach
aurelio
ishida

Hathcock clearly favors UFC over pride, thats why he thinks Gomi is overrated.

I think Gomi is overrated because anyone with a good gameplan to get the fight to the ground is capable of beating Gomi.

For Gomi to stay competitive hes really got to work on his ground game.

No im just interested to see what he would do agianst the guys in the WW division of the UFC....IMO he loses to GSP, Hughes, Diego, Koscheck, ...What weight class would he fight in if Pride had the same weight classes. Its just that they favor the weight division for him. He is a good fighter...but he is no champ IMO

Post #80   3/21/07 3:40:39PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Ohh yea, Gomi would get destroyed by GSP, Penn, and most top WW IMO. Because he doesnt want to evlolve his game. I think Sherk would pound him out too. But I dont thin hes overrated, just protected and arrogant.

Post #81   3/22/07 2:22:56PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i honestly think the only person that could DOMINATE him would be GSP. matt hughes could have back in his day, but his fight against lytle wasn't that impressive to me, he tried one or two submissions in 15 minutes.. it was basically all LnP. gomi vs penn II would be interesting and i'd like to see it seeing how gomi got his ass handed to him (it will all depend on bjs training) and i think gomi wins over sherk.. he's done good against strong wrestlers

Post #82   3/22/07 2:31:50PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by ronco_loid

I'm just not a big fan of GSP.

im not a fan either....and id have the greatest time of my life laughing if matt serra beats st.Pierre........im not weird...theres just some fighters i always want to see lose...and st pierre is one of them...he is an elite fighter and obviously the best in his weight class.......only canadians i like have the last names of crosby lemuiex.recchi.staal.bay.

Post #83   3/27/07 9:16:31PM   

floridamma

Learning to Sprawl

Career:7-14
Chips:
1. fedor
2. georges st pierre
3. shogun
4. rodrigo nogueira
5. anderson silva

Post #84   3/28/07 4:25:17AM   

assailant28

Learning to Sprawl

assailant28 Avatar

Career:294-155
Camp: SUBMISSION MAGICIANS
Chips:
Are you a true fan??? How on Earth did you come up with this list? Are these just your favorite fighters, because your ignorance is upsetting me? First off all rankings systems right now are flawed. It's as simple as that. Fedor doesn't fight the best of the best. He fights tuna cans. He most certainly does not deserve to be in the #1 spot for sure. Maybe the #3 spot at best. Ummm, where is Randy Couture on the list? How about B.J. Penn? Oh, what happened to GSP and of course Anderson Silva? You think Chuck Liddell is better than Anderson Silva? No way! Silva is way more dangerous. And Takanori Gomi? Didn't he lose to Nick Diaz? (yeah, it was over turned but marijiuana didn't help Nick win that fight) and that isn't a dis on Diaz because he is exciting to watch....Now Big Nog does deserve to be on the list, but not at the #3 slot, let's say down toward #5/6ish. Wanderlei isn't worth putting on there since there is far better talent than him anymore.

My list would look more like this:

Randy Couture
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
GSP
B.J. Penn

Let me know what you think.

Last edited 2/2/08 4:02PM server time by assailant28
Edit note/reason: misspelling

Post #85   2/2/08 3:57:09PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by assailant28

Are you a true fan??? How on Earth did you come up with this list? Are these just your favorite fighters, because your ignorance is upsetting me? First off all rankings systems right now are flawed. It's as simple as that. Fedor doesn't fight the best of the best. He fights tuna cans. He most certainly does not deserve to be in the #1 spot for sure. Maybe the #3 spot at best. Ummm, where is Randy Couture on the list? How about B.J. Penn? Oh, what happened to GSP and of course Anderson Silva? You think Chuck Liddell is better than Anderson Silva? No way! Silva is way more dangerous. And Takanori Gomi? Didn't he lose to Nick Diaz? (yeah, it was over turned but marijiuana didn't help Nick win that fight) and that isn't a dis on Diaz because he is exciting to watch....Now Big Nog does deserve to be on the list, but not at the #3 slot, let's say down toward #5/6ish. Wanderlei isn't worth putting on there since there is far better talent than him anymore.

My list would look more like this:

Randy Couture
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
GSP
B.J. Penn

wow.........just wow.........LOOK AT THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL POST! obviously you are TRYING to find crap to bitch about.

Post #86   2/2/08 5:12:51PM   

KeNn

Standup Guy

KeNn Avatar

Career:93-76
Chips:
1. Wandy
2. Leben
3.Chuky
4. Nog
5. Shogun

Post #87   2/3/08 12:44:51AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by assailant28

Randy Couture
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
GSP
B.J. Penn

how you can have randy above fedor is beyond me. you criticized other's picks yet you have couture above every other fighter, there is no good reason to have him ranked higher than fedor other than the fact that he is one of your favorite fighters. he has beaten 2 people since his return, one of which is now on a two fight losing streak. fedor has beaten pretty much everyone in the top 10 at HW and to have randy above him is just wrong to do imo. everything else looks good though, mine are:

1) Silva
2) GSP
3) Fedor
4)Rampage
5) BJ

Post #88   2/3/08 3:44:38AM   

Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6