Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pound for Pound rankings

Print  
  Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Fedor
GSP
Shogun
Chuck
CroCop

GSP pound for pound is IMO as good as anyone, he has all the tools, strength, speed, striking, subs, and takedown def, but to put anybody ahead of Fedor now would be an invite for flaming

Post #16   1/19/07 10:58:26AM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Career:781-433
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

chuck # 5? Wow below Silva?? What about Cro Cop?

Yea, i knew people wouldnt like my arguably low ranking of Chuck. I will admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Chuck (not because I don't think he's nice, but moreso b/c everyone and their mother sweats him). So yes, I am a little biased there. But hey, I still think he should be ranked 5/6, which isnt too shabby. If I did a top 10 ranking, Cro Cop would definitley be on there.

Post #17   1/19/07 10:58:50AM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Moneymakers911

1) Fedor
2) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3) Takanori Gomi
4) Shogun
5) Wanderlei Silva

let me take a wild guess, you are a Pride fan? lol. I like your rankings moneymaker; very similar to mine.

Post #18   1/19/07 11:00:26AM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nate22

Kid always makes my top five in P4P.

This is why i made it UFC and Pride only, didnt think too many people would know about Yamamoto-san. If we did a P4P ranking of all organizations, Kid would definitley deserve some consideration...

Post #19   1/19/07 11:02:57AM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

1) Fedor
2) Gomi
3) Chuckwagon
4) GSP
5) Kimbo Slice

ok... j/k

5) Big Nog

HAHAHA... if we included illegal bare knuckle brawlers, Kimbo Slice would be #1! lol.

Anyway, nice rankings Fireballin Mod. I was trying to squeeze GSP into my ranks, but couldnt find a way to do it. One more big win and I will have to bump him in there.

Post #20   1/19/07 11:05:56AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by punisherind

Posted by nate22

Kid always makes my top five in P4P.

This is why i made it UFC and Pride only, didnt think too many people would know about Yamamoto-san. If we did a P4P ranking of all organizations, Kid would definitley deserve some consideration...

My bad, I didn't realise it was only between Pride and UFC.

Post #21   1/19/07 11:24:13AM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:
1. Fedor( I do not think he is human)
2. Chuck ( Looks sloppy but you can't argue with results.
3. Shogun ( Hes a machine)
4. Gomi ( Crazy fun to watch and always fights to win- Tim should watch him and learn.
5. Genki Sudo - I know he's K1 and says hes retired. But how often has he fought someone his own size.
6. Wanderlei ( no need to elaberate.)

Post #22   1/19/07 11:53:30AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by Unkoman

1. Fedor( I do not think he is human)
2. Chuck ( Looks sloppy but you can't argue with results.
3. Shogun ( Hes a machine)
4. Gomi ( Crazy fun to watch and always fights to win- Tim should watch him and learn.
5. Genki Sudo - I know he's K1 and says hes retired. But how often has he fought someone his own size.
6. Wanderlei ( no need to elaberate.)

LOLOLOLLOLLOLOL at Genki, get a grip, yes how often does he fight people his own size?

He is not even top 10 LW, struggles to make top 15. Never fought a top ten competitor.

Please consider how he got struck out by Kid also who is actually not Genki's own size.

Post #23   1/19/07 12:00:14PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Liddell
4. Kid Yamamoto
5. Hughes
6. Lil Nog
7. Lindland
8. Sherk
9. Shogun
10. Gomi
11. Cro-cop
12. A. Silva
13. Big Nog
14. Hendo
15. Wandy

Last edited 1/19/07 12:56PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #24   1/19/07 12:55:58PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
So many people overrating Wanderlei Silva; people are listing Silva but forgetting Filipovic. If he wanted to, he could make weight and just take the belt from Silva.

St. Pierre is probably a better P4P fighter than Wanderlei as well. He is physically strong and has good strikes, awesome cardio, excellent takedown defence, and great grappling. The only thing he lacks is probably KO power (in his hands) and has a questionable chin.

Doing P4P ranking is hard because there are so many things to consider. Main factors to consider are overall skills, experience, and wins/losses (level of competition, recent wins, etc.). Biggest thing to remember is that MMA math does not work!

Last edited 1/19/07 1:13PM server time by MMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   1/19/07 1:12:21PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Liddell
4. Kid Yamamoto
5. Hughes
6. Lil Nog
7. Lindland
8. Sherk
9. Shogun
10. Gomi
11. Cro-cop
12. A. Silva
13. Big Nog
14. Hendo
15. Wandy

Lil Nog above Big Nog? Wheres the logic in that? I also think you ranked Sherk too high and Wandy too low, but everyone has their own opinion I guess.

Post #26   1/19/07 1:21:31PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMA

So many people overrating Wanderlei Silva; people are listing Silva but forgetting Filipovic. If he wanted to, he could make weight and just take the belt from Silva.

St. Pierre is probably a better P4P fighter than Wanderlei as well. He is physically strong and has good strikes, awesome cardio, excellent takedown defence, and great grappling. The only thing he lacks is probably KO power (in his hands) and has a questionable chin.

Doing P4P ranking is hard because there are so many things to consider. Main factors to consider are overall skills, experience, and wins/losses (level of competition, recent wins, etc.). Biggest thing to remember is that MMA math does not work!

I dont know about that. Wandy held his own against CroCop in the last Pride Grand Prix, and CroCop outweighed him by a good 20-30 lbs. I also dont think CroCop can cut that much weight without it impacting his strength and conditioning. With respect to GSP, youre probably right that he's better P4P than Wandy, but I would like to see him get one more big win before I put him in my rankings.

And you hit the nail on the head when you said that P4P rankings are difficult. There really is no right or wrong answer, its all subjective. (Except the guys who ranked Jardine and Sudo, they were wrong. lol.) But thats the beauty of it, it sparks alot of debate -- which is always good in my opinion.

Post #27   1/19/07 1:25:50PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by punisherind

And you hit the nail on the head when you said that P4P rankings are difficult. There really is no right or wrong answer, its all subjective. (Except the guys who ranked Jardine and Sudo, they were wrong. lol.)

BWAHAHAHAH, 100% accurate, funny cuz its true

Post #28   1/19/07 1:28:45PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Actually Wandy outweighed cro-cop in that fight, and I'm shocked you think he held his own. If Pride hadn't given him 3+ minutes to recover while checking his cut, I was afraid Cro-cop was gonna kill him. As it is he knocked him out right after the extended break and Wandy hardly did anything from start to finish. I think you may be thinking of their first fight when cro-cop came over from K-1 and was tentative. Even though it was ruled a draw (as part of a pre-fight agreement if nobody got KOed) I think if there legitamite scoring for the first fight Wandy would have won.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #29   1/19/07 1:33:21PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Actually Wandy outweighed cro-cop in that fight, and I'm shocked you think he held his own.

Did he really? If that is true, then I have to reassess my opinion of the last fight. When I say Wandy "held his own", I was taking into consideration that he was outweighed by a lot. If what you say is true, my assessment is way off.

Post #30   1/19/07 2:01:11PM   

Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>