Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How does Pride card stack up now?

Print  
Posted By Message

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Now that Nakamura is out with an injury and Yvel can't get a license to fight. Does this sway your chances of getting this PPV or is it still a monster card?

Post #1   2/21/07 5:55:58PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'm a MMA addict, I gotta buy it. I wish they would throw a couple more matches on though, I still can't belive that intermission they had on the real deal-replaying entire fight's to fill dead air. Not good, I think they probably won't buy 4 hours Of PPV time this go around. Some good fight's though

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/21/07 6:09:36PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I agree with hippysmacker. Though they lost Nakamura who I was looking forward to seeing fight, I really don't care about Yvel. Also, there are some other good fights on this card like Gomi vs Diaz / Rua vs Overeem and I always love seeing either Nogueira and Hansen. My decision is definitely not swayed.

Post #3   2/21/07 8:40:51PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I'm even more excited to see Kharitonov back in action then i was for Nakamura vs Wiuff. This is a monster card loaded with talent and every MMA fan should order this.

Post #4   2/21/07 8:50:47PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,817-1,114
Camp: The Underground
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I'm a MMA addict, I gotta buy it. I wish they would throw a couple more matches on though, I still can't belive that intermission they had on the real deal-replaying entire fight's to fill dead air. Not good, I think they probably won't buy 4 hours Of PPV time this go around. Some good fight's though

I don't know about that; Comcast Guide is saying 5:30pm-10pm for me out here on the West Coast.

Post #5   2/21/07 9:04:50PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by JoeMimic

Posted by hippysmacker

I don't know about that; Comcast Guide is saying 5:30pm-10pm for me out here on the West Coast.

Yeah, same here. 8:30 - 1am East coast. But remmeber that long ass intermission they had last time. :(

Last edited 2/21/07 9:52PM server time by OB_Juan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   2/21/07 9:51:02PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Um those two fights werent the biggest on the card IMO. Im not gonna miss Nakumara or Travis fighting a whole lot. Sergei is still on the card so that is cool. I am much more pumped to see Diaz vs Gomi and Wandy vs Hendo Not to mention Misaki vs Trigg.

Post #7   2/21/07 10:45:03PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I think its still potentially a good card, although any event can look great on paper and end up being terrible. The first round of the last MWGP in Pride looked like a dream card and ended up being a pretty ho-hum affair.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #8   2/22/07 12:44:59AM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:
I was planning on getting it before they announced the fights.. glad i have TIvo so i can ff that damn intermission..

Last edited 2/22/07 1:23PM server time by Greene33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   2/22/07 1:23:04PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I hardley ever buy Pride PPV's for some reason or another (none of my buddies watch it and I'm having a hell of a time getting them into it)... So, I always end up just adding the DVD's to my collection, and getting a select few to watch some Pride events at some point. Better than sitting at home and watching it myself I guess...

This is going to be the first Pride PPV that I was planning on ordering in a long time, and I am really hoping to 'sell' my buddies on it...

I don't think the loss of either fighter will hurt the card too much...

I think Gomi / Diaz will steal the show...

Rua / Oveream II will be a great fight, if for nothing else then exposing more people to Shogun...

Wandy / Hendo should be good, Wandy is constantly going forward and Hendo is very very hard to finish...

And I think Sergei, Hansen, and Trigg are all good at making fights exciting...

The card still looks good to me... Hopefully my friends will see it the same way, so I don't have to watch Pride by myself anymore.

Post #10   2/22/07 1:45:08PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I feel ya man. I have never had more than 10 people for a pride card, and it's usually just 4 to 6. I always have 15 minumum at UFC's and 22 once.Keep selling them on it bro, the more people we get into MMA, the bigger it will get.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/22/07 2:05:07PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I feel ya man. I have never had more than 10 people for a pride card, and it's usually just 4 to 6. I always have 15 minumum at UFC's and 22 once.Keep selling them on it bro, the more people we get into MMA, the bigger it will get.

Hopefully with a card like this it won't be hard... Standup wars seem to sell people on MMA, and this card could have some good ones...

Really wish the Sergei / Gilbert - "Loser Eats Soup For a Couple of Weeks" fight was still on though.

Post #12   2/22/07 3:02:01PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
It doesn't matter to me who drops out, I'll get it. Fights are fights. I love all MMA. If it's on, I'm getting it. Plus, money is no object.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #13   2/22/07 6:02:31PM