Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Florian Halts Lauzon; Maynard, Diaz Also Win

Print  
Posted By Message

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Recap of the UFN 13 event and mentioning of at least one of the bonuses given out that night.

Good read.

Click me

Post #1   4/3/08 10:39:01AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Sherdog is obviously the best site for MMA stories, and that was a nice writeup on last night's event. I'd like to write for Sherdog one day (as long as they don't make me read the message boards...)

Post #2   4/3/08 11:04:41AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Sherdog is obviously the best site for MMA stories, and that was a nice writeup on last night's event. I'd like to write for Sherdog one day (as long as they don't make me read the message boards...)

a man can dream

Post #3   4/3/08 11:36:29AM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,936-1,385
Chips:
This will probably get me in trouble and since I hardly post I am sure I will receive criticism for it. However I have to say a few things. First off Houston Alexander is a model fighter inside and outside of the ring, anyone that takes cares of his kids by both providing a nice home and a kidney deserves the respect of both his opponents and the ref. The ref is there to protect the fighters, however give someone the benefit of the doubt and see what happens, Houston got up pretty fast for being knocked out. I personally think that Houston should become an ambassador for the sport.
Matt Hamil..... I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong. But is being a Div. III wrestler at the Rochester Institute of Technology for the Deaf and competing in the 2001 Summer Deaf Olympics make you a phenomenal wrestler, I guess so, but I have my doubts. I just can’t honestly see Matt beating any of the “Top Tier” fighters, ever. Just my opinion.

Post #4   4/3/08 12:55:51PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
meh, i dont think alexander is a model inside the cage. In one of his older fights, the ref stood the fight up becouse alexander was falling out of the ring from the bottom, and he just refused to lay back down in the middle of the ring, and ended up just not fighting. He was pretty lame when he was trying to get in jardines face after hed knocked him out aswell. It might only be 2 fights, but theres so many other fighters who would never do anything like that and are more deserving as being classed as an ambassador of the sport than alexander.

Post #5   4/3/08 1:25:47PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

meh, i dont think alexander is a model inside the cage. In one of his older fights, the ref stood the fight up becouse alexander was falling out of the ring from the bottom, and he just refused to lay back down in the middle of the ring, and ended up just not fighting. He was pretty lame when he was trying to get in jardines face after hed knocked him out aswell. It might only be 2 fights, but theres so many other fighters who would never do anything like that and are more deserving as being classed as an ambassador of the sport than alexander.

WHOA!
You are waaaaaay off base there bub. You only have exactly half of the information about this story. Parmelee was oiled up, everyone knew it. Houston refused to go back into position UNTIL he got wiped off. The ref grabbed a rag and made a half assed attempt to wipe the guys shoulder off. But it was his entire torso that was greased up bro...

Get the whole story before you go running your mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08IduTW46cw

Post #6   4/3/08 2:19:24PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by BMF

This will probably get me in trouble and since I hardly post I am sure I will receive criticism for it. However I have to say a few things. First off Houston Alexander is a model fighter inside and outside of the ring, anyone that takes cares of his kids by both providing a nice home and a kidney deserves the respect of both his opponents and the ref. The ref is there to protect the fighters, however give someone the benefit of the doubt and see what happens, Houston got up pretty fast for being knocked out. I personally think that Houston should become an ambassador for the sport.
Matt Hamil..... I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong. But is being a Div. III wrestler at the Rochester Institute of Technology for the Deaf and competing in the 2001 Summer Deaf Olympics make you a phenomenal wrestler, I guess so, but I have my doubts. I just can’t honestly see Matt beating any of the “Top Tier” fighters, ever. Just my opinion.

Well as we've seen almost no one has been able to neutralize his insane wrestling ability (Hamil) and his stand up has been dramatically improved at everyone of his showings... I think he would have beaten Bonnar and im glad he beat a very game opponent in Tim, so i really can't see the basis of either of your claims for Alexander to be an ambassador nor for Matt not being able to beat "Top Tier" fighters ever... but thats just my opinion and we're both entitled to our own :D

Post #7   4/3/08 2:43:25PM   

clintjack

MMA Regular

clintjack Avatar

Career:851-536
Chips:
Man I think Karo is cursed, I guess he is just destined to never get a title shot.

Post #8   4/3/08 3:03:36PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Was there really a need for this to be posted? I hope no UK guys think they can come and avoid spoilers before its shown here on Saturday cos its now emblazened on the front page

Post #9   4/3/08 3:16:27PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
I live in the U.S but I missed it too!! Double Damn!......it sounds like it was a great fight night....does anyone know when it re-airs on spike?????

Post #10   4/3/08 6:33:35PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

I live in the U.S but I missed it too!! Double Damn!......it sounds like it was a great fight night....does anyone know when it re-airs on spike?????

check this site out for the fights
LINK

Post #11   4/3/08 8:10:56PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Hammil's standup looked horrendous and he was winded after 3 minutes. Maybe it was the altitude?? Having said that, he's got an incredible chin catching Boetch's knees like that. He really needs to work on the standup it seems.

Post #12   4/3/08 10:13:47PM