Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Fight Night 13 Preview

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Wow, this is almost sherdog-esque...

Interesting that I've been getting praise from the likes of Terry Bush and even Joe Rogan since I have little to no knowledge of the sport.

Joe Rogan reads your stuff.........

Post #16   4/3/08 2:45:52AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:

Posted by tberg420

As an MMA Columnist, I appreciate reading other peoples writings on these events. Don't worry about people saying things to you as they've done the same to me. However, your Win/Loss Record does show that you need work in predicting fights.

Maybe a little....

I've been kicking arsh in the secondary league though.

About the Rogan thing, I sent him a message on Myspace a little while ago with a link to a piece that I wrote (it was published on CPCMovies.com), and he just wrote back saying that although it was obvious that I was a young, inexperienced writer, it was great that there was a young kid out there with a ton of potential writing about the sport. He told me to keep learning and try to take some martial arts classes (I've been looking into taking a BJJ class), so that I know what it's like to get choked out (or something like that). It was great for my ego, and I looked in my messages on Myspace, but I get a ton of them and I just didn't have time (or patience) to look through them all.

Thank the rest of you for the praise. I CAN handle criticism, but I'd rather take it for my writing than for my picks. I told you what I thought, and I ended up going 8-4 on those picks. Unfortunately, I forgot to change my pick from Parisyan to Alves on the picks page.

Post #17   4/3/08 10:42:03AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2