Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Any chance Machida could be Chucks next fight?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Machida will not fight Chuck yet, he has one fight in the UFC and it was an undercard match. He will def. become a force in the LHW div. tho. and soon will be talked about fighting Chuck, but not yet.

Yeah Nobody will pay to see Chuck Liddell fight some Random guy. A fighter doesnt get a title shot in the UFC if his fights have never been scene.
Think about it. Who would you rather watch. Two guys who you know about or Chuck Liddell fighting some random guy who he is probably gonna KO.
If Lyoto does get some airtime and people learn who he is then there is a pretty decent chance that he will get a title shot. You'd think the UFC would want to play up the fact that he beat Bonnar, Frankin, and White.

Post #16   2/22/07 8:43:09AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Machida hasn't got a very marketable personality, he doesn't speak english and almost nobody has seen him fight. They also don't have a lot of footage on him to make a decent HL.

Bas Rutten is definately retired. He seemed very sure when he said that on beatdown and he had problems with both his knee and his back. Who wants to fight Chuck Liddell in that condition.

It should be a TUFer... anything else just doesn't make sense. I don't think they've acquired any of the LHWs fighting on the next Pride card and I don't think they will before Chuck has to defend his belt.

Brandon Vera makes the least sense since it's a big chance he'll leave the UFC after his next fight. Are they willing to risk that Vera actually beats Chuck and then just leaves for another organization. No.

Rashad makes all the sense in the world from a promotional stand point. He's beaten 3 TUFers, is well known after being in TUF and had an awesome KO shown on free TV not a long time ago.

Dana must be talking shit....

Post #17   2/22/07 9:13:08AM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
The possibility is 0!!!

Post #18   2/22/07 10:03:02AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

You know who I just thought of that would rule? Igor Vochancyn. He doesn't seem to be fighting for anyone, and if they could get his highlight reel, he'd be instantly appriciated in the UFC because hes a slugger. It would probably make for a good fight too if Igor is still training.

If it was only five or so years ago, I would whole heartedly agree with you, but I think Igor has unfortunatley hung them up for good. IMO, would be automatic consideration for fight of the year...

As for who will fight Lidell next, i don't think it will be Lyo because the UFC sees championship potential in him and hopefully they will build him up a little before he gets his shot...

I was thinking maybe a youngster like David Heath so as not to threaten Chuck too much before the big Page rematch...

Otherwise I'd like to see them bring in a bad ass japanese fighter like Kazuhiro Nakamura or Yoshihiro Akiyama...

Post #19   2/22/07 11:23:26AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Machida hasn't got a very marketable personality, he doesn't speak english and almost nobody has seen him fight. They also don't have a lot of footage on him to make a decent HL.

The same could have been posted about Anderson Silva.

Post #20   2/22/07 1:28:19PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Stickan

Or Cro Cop for that matter...

WIth the UFC expanding to the UK this year, hopefully that's a sign that we will get to see more and more talent from around the globe in the near future.

Post #21   2/22/07 1:32:05PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Stickan

Anderson Silva is portrayed as a good guy though. After Lutter beat Cote. Silva came downt he the cage and i recall Goldberg saying "LOOK AT ANDERSON SILVA WHAT A CLASS ACT!" even though it is waht every fighter does.

Post #22   2/22/07 1:46:46PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Stickan

Anderson Silva is portrayed as a good guy though. After Lutter beat Cote. Silva came downt he the cage and i recall Goldberg saying "LOOK AT ANDERSON SILVA WHAT A CLASS ACT!" even though it is waht every fighter does.

Not to mention that he had just brutalized Leben on TV and all fans( casual and hardcore) know who Leben is, know he has a good chin, and many probably really wanted him to be shut up. That one KO was dominating footage, and it sold. Just for the record I think A. Silvas is a class act. Also, Even though I don't think he will resign with the UFC, if they could work out a new contract I think Vear vs Chuck would sell good.

Last edited 2/22/07 3:03PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #23   2/22/07 1:59:06PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2