Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The 25 Toughest Athletes (w/ 2 faces you might recognize)

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Red-Dragon

Should be relabelled as toughest 25 athletes in the world who compete in sports watched by America. When will they accept that the world is a far larger place than the USA.

An example to make my point is the amount of American Footballers there were. Note that there was not one Rugby player and Rugby is more or less the same thing but without the padded protection . They were a huge suit of protective armour so how any American Footballer can be considered tough is behond me

Also why Pavlik and not Calzaghe?

As said in a previous post why Nadal and not Federor?

Dude, how many rugby players run the 40 dash in 4.3 seconds weighing 250lbs? My guess is none. Yes, rugby players don't wear eguipment, but how many times in a game do rugby players stand 30 years apart and come full blast at each other? I would take any NFL football team against a rugby team at rugby and then American Football. The size, strength, atheleticism and speed of NFL players is something that a rugby player has never seen or competed against.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #31   4/3/08 4:45:26PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by Red-Dragon

Should be relabelled as toughest 25 athletes in the world who compete in sports watched by America. When will they accept that the world is a far larger place than the USA.

An example to make my point is the amount of American Footballers there were. Note that there was not one Rugby player and Rugby is more or less the same thing but without the padded protection . They were a huge suit of protective armour so how any American Footballer can be considered tough is behond me

Also why Pavlik and not Calzaghe?

As said in a previous post why Nadal and not Federor?

Dude, how many rugby players run the 40 dash in 4.3 seconds weighing 250lbs? My guess is none. Yes, rugby players don't wear eguipment, but how many times in a game do rugby players stand 30 years apart and come full blast at each other? I would take any NFL football team against a rugby team at rugby and then American Football. The size, strength, atheleticism and speed of NFL players is something that a rugby player has never seen or competed against.

you know nothing about rugby.

jonah lomu, 6'5 270 lbs, ran the 100 meter dash in 10.8 seconds. the world record is 9.8

Rupeni Caucaunibuca plays for fiji, 5'11 230 lbs ran the 100 meter dash in 10.8 seconds in cleats on grass. (not a track, adds a little bit of time)

bryan habana plays for south africa 5'11 198 lbs ran the 100 meter dash in 10.12 seconds

and the us winger Takudzwa Ngwenya who runs it in 10.5 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGROu3LiXVM&feature=related

theres a video of lomu in his prime. rugby is the premier contact sport outside the us. There are some pretty good athletes out there. go look up richie mccaw, joe rockococo, brian o'driscoll, gareth edwards, lawrence dallagio, or any of the rugby greats. Its a different sport. and when you are playing the game for 60-80 minutes, instead of 20-40, and dont have a rest every 10 or so seconds, but have a rest every 40-60 seconds, your body is gonna be built a bit different. but get off your high horse and come back down to reality.

watch france vs new zealand last year in the world cup. see if any nfl player made 25+ tackles in a game. and team made over 100+ tackles in a game.

edit*
football players do hit harder. smart rugby players hit completely different. different sport.

Last edited 4/3/08 9:27PM server time by mikevolz
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #32   4/3/08 9:19:52PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3