Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

4 confirmed fights for WEC 3/24

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
source

some of these have been common knowledge/rumors for a little while (like mccullough/crunkilton), but now there are 4 CONFIRMED fights for the upcoming WEC card.. with jason miller and joe riggs also rumored to be on the card, i think WEC is on their way to having a pretty nice event..

Post #1   2/21/07 4:38:21PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Dude you get around, don't cha? Lot's of articles. ANyway I hope it's MAyhem vs Riggs. hat would be a good fight and Riggs would be at 185, which is where I think he belongs.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/21/07 5:29:29PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Dude you get around, don't cha? Lot's of articles. ANyway I hope it's MAyhem vs Riggs. hat would be a good fight and Riggs would be at 185, which is where I think he belongs.

haha somedays there is just more to report than others.. today was a day where i kept finding shit that i thought was legit and worth talking about.. but yea, i did post a ton of articles today haha

anyway, that would be great if it was mayhem vs riggs at 185.. thatd be a great fight.. id take mayhem by submission

Post #3   2/21/07 5:33:33PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Crunkilton vs McCullough will be pretty good

Post #4   2/21/07 6:53:47PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I like both Alessio and Condit and they should make for a great fight.

Riggs vs Mayhem would be main card material on a UFC card IMO. Mayhem got a lot of shit after he got wasted by Trigg but he's an awesome fighter and hopefully he'll come back stronger. And Riggs is Riggs.
The only problem I have with this match-up is that one of them have to lose and both are in need of a V.

Not a very big fan of either Razor Rob or Crunkilton but they're both very good LWs and hopefully it'll be a more exciting fight than I think it will.

Post #5   2/21/07 8:51:13PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I think that is a Wec 185 title fight right there. I will be cheering for Riggs. Although i think he might lose to a bad Sub. I think there is a good chance he cna pull out the win.

Post #6   2/21/07 9:44:24PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

haha somedays there is just more to report than others.. today was a day where i kept finding shit that i thought was legit and worth talking about.. but yea, i did post a ton of articles today haha

anyway, that would be great if it was mayhem vs riggs at 185.. thatd be a great fight.. id take mayhem by submission

naw man,its cool that you post tons of articles......thanks to you MMAplayground is my 1 stop shop!

soo...keep them comin!

Post #7   2/22/07 7:47:09AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

naw man,its cool that you post tons of articles......thanks to you MMAplayground is my 1 stop shop!

soo...keep them comin!

haha alright good deal man, i'll keep them coming as i keep finding them and no one else posts them.. glad to contribute

and speaking of jason miller, the MMAweekly rumors page no longer has mayhem listed as a rumored fighter.. not sure why..

Post #8   2/22/07 8:23:25AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
No more Mayhem? Ah man that sucks. I was hoping for Miller\Riggs ever so much. Hmm Joe is probably gonna fight some random can now.

Post #9   2/22/07 3:37:42PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
UFCmania.com says he is fighting in the WEC specifically because his contract allows him to also fight in ICON. Then he might go to the UFC. No mention of opponent though

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   2/22/07 10:17:42PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I hope this fight card will be televised! That's all I care about. Hopefully Riggs and Jason work out!

Post #11   2/22/07 10:23:39PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Apparently Jorge Gurgel is on this card too. Here is the source, it's in the third paragraph.

Link

Post #12   2/23/07 12:06:04AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xthe_scottx

Apparently Jorge Gurgel is on this card too. Here is the source, it's in the third paragraph.

Link

thats jorge oliveira bro, not gurgel.. he trains with chute boxe usa and is fighting doug marshall for the WEC LHW belt.. he was in the WFA before that and has already been in the WEC a few times

Last edited 2/23/07 8:18AM server time by ffforgottenx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   2/23/07 8:17:52AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xthe_scottx

Link

I doubt Jorge would be out of the UFC considering he just beat a guy by a dominating descision while injured. I think he might have some injuries that are messing him p. Like long term ones not short term stuff that is fixed with rest.

Post #14   2/23/07 8:21:19AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
Anyone have an update on the supposed deal between WEC and the Vs. cable network? Last I saw, they were supposed to start broadcasting WEC events sometime in '07.

Post #15   2/23/07 8:42:06AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2