Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Most Anticipated Fight Ever?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Matsune/Hokazowno

Man you know more japanese fighters than anyone else in the world! I've never heard of these two fighters and I'm sure the casual fan and even some hardcore fans haven't heard of these two so it def. wouldn't be the most anticipated fight ever, this is also the UFC and Pide FC forum so those two would be out of the question.

Post #16   2/21/07 6:40:02PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Snacks

Matsune/Hokazowno

Man you know more japanese fighters than anyone else in the world! I've never heard of these two fighters and I'm sure the casual fan and even some hardcore fans haven't heard of these two so it def. wouldn't be the most anticipated fight ever, this is also the UFC and Pide FC forum so those two would be out of the question.

They are shooto bantamweights and their fights are hard to find.
Here's an address where yo ucan buy some if you wish
http://www.tapesforsale.com/shooto.php

Last edited 2/21/07 6:58PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   2/21/07 6:55:56PM   

evilman

Learning to Sprawl

evilman Avatar

Career:1-2
Chips:
hmm crocop/fedor is one.. but probably not any more.
things have become dull with fedor kinda getting back into it..
and crocop leaving to ufc.

wand/liddell is also anticpated. perhaps @ pride 33 he can mention it again.

and ofcourse there is bob sapp vs mike tyson lol!

Post #18   2/21/07 7:10:58PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I would much rather see Cro Cop fight Cotoure than Sylvia. Hopefully that is what we will end up seeing anyway. But more than either of those, I want to see CC fight Arlovski. I think that will be a great fight.

Why do you hate Randy? I think his Ear might Take Cro Cops LEg if he threw the LHK.
hahahahha. Man i would much rather watch Tim get KTFO then Randy. I hope Randy does beat Tim though. Its funny how Tim is saying Bring on Fedor all the time (at least he used to) but he never responded to Jerome Le Banners Challenges.

Post #19   2/21/07 10:43:20PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by waylon_o

I would much rather see Cro Cop fight Cotoure than Sylvia. Hopefully that is what we will end up seeing anyway. But more than either of those, I want to see CC fight Arlovski. I think that will be a great fight.

Why do you hate Randy? I think his Ear might Take Cro Cops LEg if he threw the LHK.
hahahahha. Man i would much rather watch Tim get KTFO then Randy. I hope Randy does beat Tim though. Its funny how Tim is saying Bring on Fedor all the time (at least he used to) but he never responded to Jerome Le Banners Challenges.

Actually he did
http://www.bloodyknux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16312
theres the address

I'll paste the part where he answers

BK: There's also been some rumors about you and Jerome Le Banner doing some trash talking on the internet.

TS: Jerome Le Banner hasn't been talking to me. There's some guy going around with a fake myspace and account and he says he's me. That's who he's been talking trash with is him, not me. It's kind of funny . Both of them are being idiots really if you ask me. I don't talk a lot of trash. I think everyone knows that. People accuse me of a lot of things. Would I fight him? Oh, absolutely. I fight anybody they put in front of me. Whoever the UFC says, I'll do it. If he wants to get in the ring with me then I'll knock his ass out in the UFC.

It's actually a good interview if anybody wants to read the whole thing

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   2/21/07 10:57:21PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I think CC v. Couture is the better overall matchup. But that doesn't mean I want to see it.

What I want to see is a slow, slow death for Tim Sylvia at the hands of Cro Cop. I want Cro Cop to break Timmy's will. I think after all the snorefest fights he's made us pay for recently, he deserves a good LHK to the dome. Maybe a couple. I want to see his punk ass get laid out. I don't think Randy will beat Tim, and I think this is your most likely matchup. AND the one I personally want to see as well.

WAR ANYONE BUT TIMMY!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/21/07 11:03PM server time by Gogoplata

Post #21   2/21/07 10:58:17PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by madmarck

Posted by waylon_o

Actually he did
theres the address

BK: There's also been some rumors about you and Jerome Le Banner doing some trash talking on the internet.

TS: Jerome Le Banner hasn't been talking to me. There's some guy going around with a fake myspace and account and he says he's me. That's who he's been talking trash with is him, not me. It's kind of funny . Both of them are being idiots really if you ask me. I don't talk a lot of trash. I think everyone knows that. People accuse me of a lot of things. Would I fight him? Oh, absolutely. I fight anybody they put in front of me. Whoever the UFC says, I'll do it. If he wants to get in the ring with me then I'll knock his ass out in the UFC.

Dude, that's a freaking awesome interview.

Here's my favorite part.

BK: Let's talk about The Ultimate Fighter for a second. What do you think of the show?

TS: I think Ken's an idiot...

Last edited 2/21/07 11:06PM server time by OB_Juan

Post #22   2/21/07 11:00:32PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
I would have to say Fedor/Mirko 1 was the most anticipated fight to date.
Chuck/Wand is probably the most in the foreseeable future.

Post #23   2/21/07 11:03:26PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
I'd like to add Chuck vs Randy 3. Rubber matches always have a significant amount of anticapation, as you can usually see exactly how each guy could win. I'm really looking forward to Hughes/GSP 3 as well.

The Iron Code

Post #24   2/22/07 11:14:40PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Maybe I'm wrong, according to y'all, but I think Chuck/ Randy II was , not built up more - but anticipated more, for casual fans. That's matches that've happened.

I think Chuck / Wandy has enoutgh hype to be the biggest, if done right after negotiations (meaning it has good setup but... ) My biggest is Chuck / Shogun. I'm also lookin forward to any match where Time shows his worth a little more.

Last edited 2/22/07 11:56PM server time by JimiMak

Post #25   2/22/07 11:55:09PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Chuck/Wandy probably, followed by Fedor/CC 2. But the most anticipated fight that never happened (and never will) for me is Rickson/Sakuraba

Post #26   2/23/07 2:40:49AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Chuck/Wandy probably, followed by Fedor/CC 2. But the most anticipated fight that never happened (and never will) for me is Rickson/Sakuraba

Excellent point, but then again Rickson vs anybody for the last 7 years has been a myth. I think he just likes to talk.

The Iron Code

Post #27   2/23/07 3:18:26AM   

Khon_Nan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:50-40
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I really wanna see CC vs Wanderlei 3, but somewhere in the back of my head theres still a tiny fantasy/desire to see Schwarzenegger vs Stallone :P

Post #28   2/24/07 9:06:01PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker
Actually he did
theres the address

Sweet man. Although he does say he would take the fight. He didnt work for it.
I love how the reporter spelled Andrei, andre every time.
Great post.

Post #29   2/24/07 9:58:51PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2