Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell talks Kimbo Slice

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

BloodReign

Learning to Sprawl

BloodReign Avatar

Career:42-17
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Oh my hell I laughed my ass off when I read this! Chuck is the man...thats all I can say....

coming from a guy who has a liddell avatar and screen name i wouldnt expect you to stop swinging from his ball hairs anyway no matter what he says, you probably think he could beat kimbo and fedor huh?

Post #31   4/2/08 4:32:03AM   

vtecmonster

Learning to Sprawl

vtecmonster Avatar

Career:37-25
Chips:

Posted by BloodReign

Posted by jakeiceman

Oh my hell I laughed my ass off when I read this! Chuck is the man...thats all I can say....

coming from a guy who has a liddell avatar and screen name i wouldnt expect you to stop swinging from his ball hairs anyway no matter what he says, you probably think he could beat kimbo and fedor huh?

He would crush kimbo... Chuck is one of the best mma wrestlers and was a purple belt under Eddie Bravo (at least a year ago).

I also think that it would be a bad match up for Fedor...

FYI - Chuck (6'2" & 230ish) is bigger than Fedor and has better takedown defense than anyone Fedor has every gone against.... Fedor has never finished anyone standing.

I'm not a big Chuck fan... but what he does, he does well.

Post #32   4/2/08 9:21:10AM   

WhiteWidow

Banned

Career:86-49
Chips:

Posted by vtecmonster

He would crush kimbo... Chuck is one of the best mma wrestlers and was a purple belt under Eddie Bravo (at least a year ago).

I also think that it would be a bad match up for Fedor...

FYI - Chuck (6'2" & 230ish) is bigger than Fedor and has better takedown defense than anyone Fedor has every gone against.... Fedor has never finished anyone standing.

I'm Not A Big Chuck Fan ... but what he does, he does well.

this is what something says when they are a nutthuger but dont want to sound bias and want to be taken seriously, that was just an idiotic response wow, that was entertaining nuthugging to read tho

Last edited 4/2/08 5:12PM server time by whitewidow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #33   4/2/08 5:10:09PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Wow, Chuck Liddell is a HYPOCRITE!!! I'm not saying this because I have a big history for knocking on Chuck. I just think he should really shut his mouth, it's really getting annoying how he's busting on everybody now. What has Dana promised him a title shot if he knocks Fedor and Kimbo just because it gets under Shaw's skin?

He just said Kimbo has no ground game and won't last against great competition. LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!! If he can do it, Kimbo who has better technical boxing with good power and better head movement/Agility can do it.

I am 100% guaranteeing if Kimbo and Chuck submission wrestled, Kimbo would beat him.

Post #34   4/2/08 9:02:57PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Chuck has a purple belt in bjj (he got it a while ago, so he could of progressed by now) and was a division one wrestler in college. Your 100% must be putting it all on kimbos size advantage, becouse theres no way hes got a better ground game than chuck.

Post #35   4/2/08 9:23:56PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Chuck has a purple belt in bjj (he got it a while ago, so he could of progressed by now) and was a division one wrestler in college. Your 100% must be putting it all on kimbos size advantage, becouse theres no way hes got a better ground game than chuck.

No way hes got a better ground game as chuck is just as ridiculous as kimbo 100% would out submission him.

Post #36   4/2/08 9:38:14PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Aaronno9

No way hes got a better ground game as chuck is just as ridiculous as kimbo 100% would out submission him.

Sorry dude, i dont really understand what you meant in that post? who would out submission who?

Post #37   4/2/08 9:40:08PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9
... because theres no way hes got a better ground game than chuck.

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I am 100% guaranteeing if Kimbo and Chuck submission wrestled, Kimbo would beat him.

Both comments are ridiculous.
Just because kimbos ground game is untested, it doesnt make it horrendous.

He's training with bas rutten... do people honestly think that Bas would allow Kimbo to make the same mistakes he did concerning the ground aspect of MMA?

Last edited 4/2/08 9:45PM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #38   4/2/08 9:43:04PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Aaronno9
... because theres no way hes got a better ground game than chuck.

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Both comments are ridiculous.
Just because kimbos ground game is untested, it doesnt make it horrendous.

He's training with bas rutten... do people honestly think that Bas would allow Kimbo to make the same mistakes he did concerning the ground aspect of MMA?

I didnt at any point say that kimbo has a bad ground game, i didn't even mention it. I just think sometimes people forget chuck has a solid wrestling background and a purple belt in bjj. Just becouse he prefers to stand doesn't mean hes one dimensional.

Post #39   4/2/08 9:52:06PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
No I knew he is a great wrestler. His sprawls not great just because he was born with it or he learned it off kickboxing class.

I think Kimbo would sub Chuck in a submission match just because the size advantage, and Kimbo trains with Bas who is great with submissions and leg locks. Chucks shots aren't even that good though, so I'm pretty sure Kimbo could sprawl out of it unless he let it go down to lock on a traingle or leg lock which them leg locks, Bas is extremely good at! Chuck trains at the pit. A camp based around striking, I doubt they have anybody at the caliber of Bas training Chuck. They might train submission defense and he probably got that belt off the defense, but I don't think he could out work kimbo on the ground and sub him.

I'm trying my hardest not to rag on Chuck, but seriously. You cannot sit here and say after reading it, that he's not a hypocrite because he does not have a great ground game either and people consider him an MMA god. Not to mention Kimbo believe or not has more technique then Liddell with the great head movement and he actually keeps his hands up. So if he had a great sprawl, he'd be just as deadly.

Post #40   4/3/08 12:19:56AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3