Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Armando Garcia Talks About Nick Diaz Situation

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
CSAC executive officer Armando Garcia spoke over the weekend about the controversy surrounding Nick Diaz being removed from the Strikeforce/EliteXC joint card on 3/29. According to Garcia, it was all about timing and medial testing prior to the fight and Diaz not being denied a license to fight or the like.

Article

Post #1   3/31/08 6:44:33AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
So, if Garcia is saying its the medical records not being turned in... then why bring all this up:

“Accordingly, the Act grants patients who use marijuana for medical purposes a limited immunity from criminal prosecution. It does not shield patients, who are also licensees of the State Athletic Commission, from the prohibition articulated in California Code of Regulations section 303, which states:

‘The administration or use of any drugs, alcohol or stimulants, or injections in any part of the body, either before or during a match, to or by any boxer is prohibited.’

The Act was enacted by the people of California to address the medical needs of certain people within its population, and to decriminalize behaviors associated with the use of marijuana. However, since any action taken against a licensee by the Commission is not a criminal prosecution according to State law, the Commission will continue to enforce the prohibition against the administration or use of drugs by a licensee, which is consistent with the Commission's mission to protect and serve California consumers.”

.... seems to be more about the chiba chiba to me...

Post #2   3/31/08 12:31:10PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It is all about his refusal to quit smoking pot. That's certainly seems to be all they are talking about. Kind of stupid to throw away a career for a buzz!

Post #3   3/31/08 2:08:32PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

It is all about his refusal to quit smoking pot. That's certainly seems to be all they are talking about. Kind of stupid to throw away a career for a buzz!

If the ADHD is legit, as I imagine it is; not taking your regular medicine would severely limit your ability to focus on the simplest tasks in your gameplan.

Post #4   4/1/08 1:29:54AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by jae_1833

If the ADHD is legit, as I imagine it is; not taking your regular medicine would severely limit your ability to focus on the simplest tasks in your gameplan.

That's probably true, but there are medications he can take outside of marijuana. So if it is legit that he needs medication and not just wanting an excuse to smoke up and he really wants to fight then I'm sure he can find something. This whole Diaz situation is actually the first time I had ever heard of weed being used to treat ADHD.

Post #5   4/1/08 10:09:59AM