Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Next for Cung Le: Top 10 Opposition

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i wouldnt consider cung one of the best stand up guys, yet. No power, hangs his hands low, just mainly good with his kicks.

I think lawler would destroy him IMO.

im looking forward to lawler vs scott smith, than lawler vs cung.

I wouldn't count Scott Smith out... he's not a punk, and anyone training with Urijah Faber usually is going to have some tricks up their sleeve.

Last edited 3/31/08 12:34PM server time by PaleHorse
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   3/31/08 12:30:51PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hails

Le's graph is so on the way up!!!

He has more potiential than someone like Kimbo IMO.

Le is a very talented fighter, and would do well in the UFC compared to KIMBO!!!

Very true, I want to see Cung fight Anderson. Definately a dream matchup of mine. A guy who's never been defeated with 6 knockouts in 6 fights can at least make for a good fight. Anderson will make anyone into a good fight, but I think that Anderson vs. Le would be way better than Anderson vs. Okami.

Post #17   3/31/08 12:33:33PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
True...Smith has great hands, and if he can learn to defend the RNC he wouldn't be half bad. I may even wager that is how Robbie gets him!! Oh, and whoever said Lawler has a glass jaw....prove that with something...try sherdog to start. In 20 or so fights he has 1 KO loss....1!! He's gone up against some hard punching comp too.... Joey Villassenor, Lytle, ect. So bring on that Le vs Lawler debate...I got you!!! Go banana go!!!!

Last edited 3/31/08 2:16PM server time by jae_1833

Post #18   3/31/08 2:16:08PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

True...Smith has great hands, and if he can learn to defend the RNC he wouldn't be half bad. I may even wager that is how Robbie gets him!! Oh, and whoever said Lawler has a glass jaw....prove that with something...try sherdog to start. In 20 or so fights he has 1 KO loss....1!! He's gone up against some hard punching comp too.... Joey Villassenor, Lytle, ect. So bring on that Le vs Lawler debate...I got you!!! Go banana go!!!!

Are you talking about the RNC against David Terrell? IF you are, you should watch that fight all the way through. Ultra messed up on the ref's part, not so much Scott's ground game or anything. People believe if you're on your back against a decent jiu jitsu guy, its like a 95%/5% in their favor, and the only reason David got his back in that fight is because the ref said break and when Scott went to break, David grabbed his back and the ref did nothing. Terrible job by Marco Lopez, and I'm pretty sure this is one of the reasons that guy isn't reffing the UFC anymore.

Last edited 3/31/08 3:14PM server time by PaleHorse

Post #19   3/31/08 3:13:10PM   

GermanWolf

Learning to Sprawl

GermanWolf Avatar

Career:336-213
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
If Le fights Lawler or Misaki he's going to lose. They'd be exciting fights though, so I hope they happen.

Post #20   3/31/08 3:37:32PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GermanWolf

If Le fights Lawler or Misaki he's going to lose. They'd be exciting fights though, so I hope they happen.

We will see, anything can happen in this crazy world of MMA. *Cough* Serra *Cough*

Post #21   3/31/08 4:13:42PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Nice rebuttal!!! However Scott has been RNC by Ed Herman as well as someone else (I'm thinking this is how he got eliminated from TUF) I think it's his kryptonite!

Post #22   3/31/08 10:27:05PM   

GermanWolf

Learning to Sprawl

GermanWolf Avatar

Career:336-213
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by GermanWolf

We will see, anything can happen in this crazy world of MMA. *Cough* Serra *Cough*

True that. Except Misaki has a granite chin, and Lawler's proved much harder to hurt at middleweight. Plus he has huge power, and if Frank could dent that chin, Lawler would smash it.

Post #23   4/1/08 9:45:33PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Cung Le has the tools to beat some really good fighters, but he has a few glaring weaknesses and dudes like Franklin, A. Silva or Lawler would exploit and destroy him with. If he fixes those areas though, he has the potential to do really well in this sport.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #24   4/1/08 10:39:03PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Cung Le has the tools to beat some really good fighters, but he has a few glaring weaknesses and dudes like Franklin, A. Silva or Lawler would exploit and destroy him with. If he fixes those areas though, he has the potential to do really well in this sport.

He's so old though. The one thing I gotta say though is someone commented that Misaki has a good chin. So did Frank Shamrock, that never stopped his arm from breaking.

Post #25   4/1/08 11:33:42PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Nice rebuttal!!! However Scott has been RNC by Ed Herman as well as someone else (I'm thinking this is how he got eliminated from TUF) I think it's his kryptonite!

Not a lot of people can escape good grapplers like Travis Lutter, and even Ed Herman when they want to rear naked you. Scott has definately been RNC'd more than anything, but I have a feeling Urijah Faber isn't going to let that happen so much anymore because everyone has realized he needs to work on his RNC defense. He's actually an awesome wrestler, the only issue is certain wrestlers do give up their backs and that doesn't go well against a grappler who can sink the hooks and choke in.

Last edited 4/1/08 11:36PM server time by PaleHorse

Post #26   4/1/08 11:36:22PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Le vs Lawler I think would be a good fight. I do think the X factor would be Cung's kicks. I think he would use those to keep lawler from big shots, and win a UD. If lawler got inside I could see him knocking cung out.

Post #27   5/30/08 2:26:54AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2