Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage Jackson: Wanderlei Silva is the ‘Chump Murderer’

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I think that if I fought Wanderlei Silva in the UFC I would have beat him. Wanderlei was the Chuck Liddell of Pride. If you were beating Wanderlei on the ground, the referee’s would stand you right up. It happened to me. It happened to other fighters that fought him…. Me and Silva don’t even talk to each other. Silva is the type of guy that thinks everyone should be afraid of him. The way I react around him is different. I am not afraid of Wanderlei Silva. They call him ‘The Axe Murder’ because he destroys people in his fights. They threw him chumps and he murdered them. Look at his record of guys he fought. This guy is ‘The Chump Murderer.’ I speak my mind around him and he looks at me all crazy like I shouldn’t be saying that. I think some of the referees took payoffs in Pride. In Japan, I promise you something was up.”

While a guest on the Opie and Anthony radio show, reigning UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson reflected on his two crushing losses to Wanderlei Silva while the two competed under the Pride FC banner overseas in Japan. It’s widely believed that Silva will drop down to middleweight after his upcoming fight with Keith Jardine at UFC 84: “Ill Will,” which would put a damper on seeing a third match up — this time inside the Octagon — anytime soon.

link

Rest of the stuff here

Last edited 3/27/08 9:31PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/27/08 9:29:38PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
He sure likes to bitch about that fight alot lol. I don't really care, I think Rampage has a terrible time with guys who use the clinch and knees, and Shogun would have just beat him up for the belt right after if he won it.

Post #2   3/27/08 9:32:24PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

He sure likes to bitch about that fight alot lol. I don't really care, I think Rampage has a terrible time with guys who use the clinch and knees, and Shogun would have just beat him up for the belt right after if he won it.

Yeah man, he needs to accept he got beat an keep looking forward.
Theirs no one denying he's the top LHW now so he should quit bitchin an concentrate on Forrest.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   3/27/08 9:56:43PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
yep i agree... i also think that the cro cop ko destroyed wandy's mental and then he looked good against hendo and got knocked out.. ya know
lets face it.. everyone is gettingold...past theirprimes

Post #4   3/27/08 10:07:37PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by metal_mecca43

yep i agree... i also think that the cro cop ko destroyed wandy's mental and then he looked good against hendo and got knocked out.. ya know
lets face it.. everyone is gettingold...past theirprimes

Yea we need to look to the next generation of fighters.

Post #5   3/27/08 10:10:26PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
I still think Wandy is better, but IMO, Shogun would get owned this time around

Post #6   3/27/08 10:12:36PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
I guess when he's referring to chumps they threw at Silva he's including himself too?

Post #7   3/27/08 10:35:18PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
part of that is true but the ref was not the one kneeing him into a coma.

Post #8   3/27/08 10:48:55PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I really can't wait until Rampage finally gets dealt with. I want him to lose that belt soooo bad.

Post #9   3/27/08 10:49:51PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I AGREE 100% WITH RAMPAGE!!!!

The UFC threw Chuck a bunch of wrestlers with barely decent striking, in PRIDE they favored the stand up fighters the most and messed up stuff was happening like fixed fights and payoffs.

Rampage was beating Wandy BOTH TIMES. The first time he should have won IMO. No way in hell a UFC ref would have stood the fight up. Rampage was working. But sure enough they stood it up. Second time around Rampage won the first round. Held his own on the feet and won on the ground. But the second fight there's no real excuse for the ending since he should have took him down instead of trade but maybe he said F it since it would have gotten stood back up.

But I agree with him. In the UFC both fights with Wandy would have ended in TKO/KO fashion except with W's in the win column for Rampage. I won't make excuses for Shogun he straight F'd him up. But that happens to every fighter and it's their job to come back better then ever and he has.

Post #10   3/27/08 10:54:05PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,059
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
the 205 landscape is a crazy place ... rampage can beat liddell vanderlia can beat rampage liddell can beat vanderlia and so on for quite awhile ... well forrest will beat rampages ass for wanderlei ... =D ... could just be wishfull thinking though

Post #11   3/27/08 10:55:18PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Rampage needs to focus on his task at hand. That is beating Forrest griffin. i hope he isnt looking past him. not a l lot of people think Forrestt has a chance..I do. IMO its going to be a WAR!! mark my words.

Post #12   3/27/08 11:00:58PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Let's examine Wandy's recent record...

LOSS Chuck Liddell - owned by Page twice
LOSS Dan Henderson - Rampage beat him, and A. Silva owned him
LOSS Cro Cop - owned by mid-level heavies in the UFC
WIN Kazuyuki Fujita - decent fighter, far from top 10
WIN Ricard Arona (decision)
LOSS Ricardo Arona (decision). Ricardo Arona hasn't beaten anybody decent since decision against Hendo in 2002, another Pride :"legend"
WIN Kazuhiro Nakamura - Pride can
WIN Hidehiko Yoshida - Judoka who got lost on his way to the dojo
LOSS Mark Hunt - another Pride "legend", MMA record 8-5. Known as the kickboxer who almost tapped Fedor
WIN Quinton Jackson - DING DING DING!!! A notable win

So basically Wandy has not beaten anybody who could survive in the UFC since knocking out 2004 version of Quinton Jackson. Quinton would own him today in the cage without the referee stopping them every five seconds.

PRIDE fans need to wake the hell up and smell the coffee. Wandy's been "past his prime" since 2004.

Last edited 3/27/08 11:04PM server time by silverbullet
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   3/27/08 11:02:04PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Let's examine Wandy's recent record...

LOSS Chuck Liddell - owned by Page twice
LOSS Dan Henderson - Rampage beat him, and A. Silva owned him
LOSS Cro Cop - owned by mid-level heavies in the UFC
WIN Kazuyuki Fujita - decent fighter, far from top 10
WIN Ricard Arona (decision)
LOSS Ricardo Arona (decision). Ricardo Arona hasn't beaten anybody decent since decision against Hendo in 2002, another Pride :"legend"
WIN Kazuhiro Nakamura - Pride can
WIN Hidehiko Yoshida - Judoka who got lost on his way to the dojo
LOSS Mark Hunt - another Pride "legend", MMA record 8-5. Known as the kickboxer who almost tapped Fedor
WIN Quinton Jackson - DING DING DING!!! A notable win

So basically Wandy has not beaten anybody who could survive in the UFC since knocking out 2004 version of Quinton Jackson. Quinton would own him today in the cage without the referee stopping them every five seconds.

PRIDE fans need to wake the hell up and smell the coffee. Wandy's been "past his prime" since 2004.

Did you forget that Henderson won the first round of the fight against anderson. He didnt get owned, he got caught.

...Rampage is a pride fighter...

Post #14   3/27/08 11:05:38PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Did you forget that Henderson won the first round of the fight against anderson. He didnt get owned, he got caught.

...Rampage is a pride fighter...

If by "got caught" you meant "received a life changing beating" then yeah, he got caught

Post #15   3/27/08 11:10:03PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3