Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

"Strikeforce on NBC" Officially Announced

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

The series debut is set for Saturday, April 12 from 2-2:30 a.m. ET.

"Mixed martial arts has exploded onto the sports scene," stated Jerry Petry, Executive Vice President, NBC Universal Television. "Its athletes are tremendous competitors, and the sport is one of the fastest growing in the world. As a leader in this arena, Strikeforce will be able to deliver some of the finest and most intense action ever seen on broadcast TV."

The show will air in its weekly timeslot after NBC's popular late-night program, "Poker After Dark." Network executives say that it was a natural lead-in program since the core audience (18-34 year old males) is so similar.

As MMAjunkie.com first reported, "Strikeforce on NBC" will feature complete fights from the Strikeforce archives, as well as other highlights and event footage. Additionally, the program will be used to spotlight some of the organization's more popular fighters.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/27/08 2:50:46PM   

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:
Nice!!!!..... it will come on at 11pm where I live

Post #2   3/27/08 2:52:41PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

"Strikeforce on NBC" will feature complete fights from the Strikeforce archives, as well as other highlights and event footage.

so what, show fights for 3 weeks, then no more?

Post #3   3/27/08 3:06:57PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think this is going to be like IFL Battleground. Old fights onl;y. I hope it does well enough that we get to se live stuff there eventually

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   3/28/08 6:00:03AM