Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cesar Gracie: Medical Marijuana Behind Diaz Off Strikeforce?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Although the CSAC is claiming Nick Diaz is off this weekend's Strikeforce/WliteXC card for not submitting medical papers in time, Diaz trainer Cesar Gracie thinks it's because Diaz has a "medical marijuana card". Diaz reportedly smokes marijuana to treat an ADD condition.

Article

Post #1   3/27/08 9:14:00AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
very interesting.....i wish i was on medical marijuana

Post #2   3/27/08 9:23:09AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
I cant read the article very well, i dunno, i just cant seem to concentrate ....... quick someone give me some free weed

Post #3   3/27/08 9:27:16AM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Although the CSAC is claiming Nick Diaz is off this weekend's Strikeforce/WliteXC card for not submitting medical papers in time, Diaz trainer Cesar Gracie thinks it's because Diaz has a "medical marijuana card". Diaz reportedly smokes marijuana to treat an ADD condition.

Article

PAH LEASE! i have ADHD and Marijuana has NEVER been a treatment that's been offered. I WISH!

So what's Nate's excuse?

Post #4   3/27/08 10:30:21AM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:

Posted by babytater03

Posted by DCRage

Article

PAH LEASE! i have ADHD and Marijuana has NEVER been a treatment that's been offered. I WISH!

So what's Nate's excuse?

Its not crack!!! Since when does anybody need and excuse to sit down after a long hard day and burn one?! Not to mention Nate has never tested positive for it after a fight. So he obviously cares enough about his job not to put anything in front of it. I do see the big deal, Nick knows after the Gomi fight that they test for it. I bet he's clean right now, pissed off that he hasnt been smoking!!

Post #5   3/27/08 11:07:57AM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
nobody cares about me smoking a parsley bowl now and then. What's the difference between this plant and that plant again?

Oh yeah, beer and cigarette lobbyists have banded together to make it illegal, and since we live in a fascist society, not a democracy, they won and now this harmless plant is illegal and a "dangerous" gateway to all sorts of evil things.

Bullshit hypocrisy.

I just want to take this time to thank the governrment for protecting me from this vile and evil plant. Please continue to decide what is best for me so I can feel safe and protected from the bad men in the world. This week it appears to be terrorists in the form of an orange alert, or this that November when the alerts come along?

Last edited 3/27/08 11:35AM server time by saemskin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   3/27/08 11:32:44AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by babytater03

Posted by DCRage

Article

So what's Nate's excuse?

You mean Nick not Nate but you are totally missing the point, he DOES HAVE a medical marijuana card and the reason why he has it and you dont is quite obvious, he lives in Cali where its legal and you live in Florida were it is not

Post #7   3/27/08 11:39:08AM   

jimmypockets

ThE ThIcKFrEAkNeSS

jimmypockets Avatar

Career:1,090-730
Camp: RuStY CaGe FiGhT TeAm
Chips:
Unfortunately you guys are failing to realize that Marijuana is considered a performance enhancing drug. They say it gives you a higher pain tolerance and believe it or not can imrove reaction time. I don't care if he smokes or not but at the same time I do agree that they have the right to keep him off the card if he has marijuana in his system. That is the only choice besides making the "Ice Pick" smoke a big fatty before the fight too so they are on a level playing field.

XB Live Gamertags- J1mMy PoCkEtS, Th3 Barncat

Post #8   3/27/08 12:10:31PM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
the only way it's going to give you a competitive edge is if you're smoking on your way down to the ring. The effects just don't last long enough for it to really matter.

Post #9   3/27/08 12:41:35PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Im on medical marijuana for insomnia and acid-reflux. But yeah in california you can get a card for ADD if you know the right people, or pay off the right people.

It seems that the state commission should obey the law on this one. Some people need weed to live (in nicks case its questionable) and whos the nsac to tell them they cant compete in MMA for taking something that is legal?

Post #10   3/27/08 1:26:21PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Nick's pot addiction once again steps into the face of his career. No one NEEDS marijuana. Some people may smoke marijuana to ease their pain, but there is not a single person on this earth that NEEDS marijuana. Another perfect example of why I hate pot heads. You've got a guy with loads of talent, could be a ******* superstar (is a superstar, really) and he's throwing it all away over being a pothead.

I have no problem with people smoking weed. I have a problem with potheads/stoners.

He'll never be back in the UFC or the WEC because of all of this, and what he does have going for him in Elite will go away if he keeps screwing them over like this.

Post #11   3/27/08 2:04:57PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
You hit the nail on the head with that one Cornish, you got ADHD, then move to cali where the green is greener and hoes are meaner... at any rate, i am surprised to see that me and pookie have the same medical condition AND prescription :D...

Post #12   3/27/08 2:06:27PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Some people may smoke marijuana to ease their pain, but there is not a single person on this earth that NEEDS marijuana.

Thats kind of like saying no one needs pain killers when giving birth to a kid. Its true they may not NEED it. But it sure as hell has a medical purpose .

Glaucoma patients need it to keep them from going blind.
Muscular-sclerosis patients use it to help their irritability, depression, tiredness, muscle stiffness, tremors, pain, sleep, muscle spasms, energy levels and bladder function.
And im not sure of the disease but there are a few people that the US government sends marijuana to, to keep them from growing tumors in there body on a daily bases.

Post #13   3/27/08 2:15:20PM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by babytater03

Posted by DCRage

Article

So what's Nate's excuse?

You mean Nick not Nate but you are totally missing the point, he DOES HAVE a medical marijuana card and the reason why he has it and you dont is quite obvious, he lives in Cali where its legal and you live in Florida were it is not

Hey, go easy!
He's got ADHD.

Post #14   3/27/08 2:31:51PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
What does it matter if it is in his system, pot can stay in your system for months that doesnt mean he is high while he is fighting.... unless he is smoking weed withing thirty minutes of fighting i just dont see the point of taking him off the card especially if he has a perscription........Yes it is very easy to get medical marajuana in california.....I know over a dozen people that legally smoke and grow marajuana in california...

Post #15   3/27/08 2:56:16PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3