Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Serra: Pierre I was no fluke!

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“It is crazy! Last year may have been an upset but, believe me, it was no fluke. What is a ‘lucky punch?’ Who do these people think I was trying to punch in the face if not Georges? Seriously – where did the luck come into it? I got him hurt and didn’t let him off the hook. Seriously, you tell me, if you aim at something, and then hit it time and time again, was it luck or did you just do what you were trying to do?… All the pressure is on GSP. He has to live up to all this BS about him, he has to step into the Octagon with a man who punched his lights out last time. I’m rematching a guy I beat inside one round, where’s the pressure? No-one is looking at me to do anything, for whatever reason, so there’s zero pressure on me.”

UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra makes the case for his rematch with Georges St. Pierre at UFC 83 in Montreal, Quebec, at the Bell Centre on April 19. It’s hard to disagree with the statement above, which is not to say that Serra is going to win. He just makes a good point.

Link

Full story here

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/26/08 7:53:35PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I'm going with the guy who wrote the little insight under the interview.
I don't think Serra will win but its hard to disagree with what he's saying!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   3/26/08 7:55:52PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kick his ASS SERRA!!!!!!!!!!

Post #3   3/26/08 7:59:32PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
Im kind of sick of talking about this, so this will be the last thing I say about this until after they fight; Serra beat him last time (obviously) and it wont happen again IMHO WAR GSP

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #4   3/26/08 8:06:16PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,093-1,280
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Serra better enjoy being champ right now. He's right. it wasn't luck. But he's just lucky it happened. At first, I thought Serra was a cool guy. But more and more, he sounds like Matt Hughes to me. GSP's knocking Matt Serra out in the second round.

Post #5   3/26/08 8:10:34PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:
More and more it seems to me that GSP fans cant deal with the fact that he hasn't lived up to his potential and the reality of it is He just might not. WAR SERRA!!!!!!!! It's going to be hard for GSP to knock him out in the second when Serra will do it in the first.Serra vs GSP - Serra wasn't dominating but he was definately dictating the pace. Caught GSP with a good shot, hurt him, and finished. To me that isn't a fluke.

Last edited 3/27/08 4:00PM server time by porch28
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #6   3/26/08 9:01:02PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:

Posted by Porch28

More and more it seems to me that GSP fans caqn deal with the fact that he hasn't lived up to his potential and the reality of it is He just might not. WAR SERRA!!!!!!!! It's going to be hard for GSP to knock him out in the second when Serra will do it in the first.Serra vs GSP - Serra wasn't dominating but he was definately dictating the pace. Caught GSP with a good shot, hurt him, and finished. To me that isn't a fluke.

thats exactly right.... Serra is right there is no such thing as a lucky punch, if you are trying to hit someone and hit them then you just did what you wanted to do..... Just like Pulver said when lozan KOed him... he was aiming for his chin and hit it, no luck to it

I'm sick of the GSP nut huggers saying that Serra got lucky when he plain bea the crap out of GSP... running over someone like they are an amature is not luck, he was prepared and did what he needed to do... there is no luck in that

Post #7   3/26/08 9:13:59PM   

WhiteWidow

Banned

Career:86-49
Chips:

Posted by Porch28

More and more it seems to me that GSP fans caqn deal with the fact that he hasn't lived up to his potential

you mean dominating kos in his own game or submitting matt hughes in his own game..hmm

Post #8   3/26/08 9:37:23PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:
Well in less than four weeks Serra will get a chance to prove it, but the fact remains that Serra was lucky in the sense that he NEVER should have been given a title shot in the first place.

I mean give me a f*cking break Serra, he barely squeaked out 3 crappy wins over a few has-beens and all of a sudden he thinks he is top ten material??

If Serra is so sh*t hot then WTF did he need a reality TV show called the "COMEBACK" to get a title shot??

What about the real WW competitors who have actually climbed the ladder step by step? I wonder what Karo and Fitch think about Serra getting a title shot?

Post #9   3/26/08 9:39:19PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by Porch28

More and more it seems to me that GSP fans caqn deal with the fact that he hasn't lived up to his potential

you mean dominating kos in his own game or submitting matt hughes in his own game..hmm

he looked forawhile that he would become the top fighter in the world p4p eventually, so yes... he probably wont live up to his potential that we(as informed mma fans) would have thought or hoped.

He hasnt done well against strikers. Mark kerr was the same way.

Post #10   3/26/08 10:00:53PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

What about the real WW competitors who have actually climbed the ladder step by step? I wonder what Karo and Fitch think about Serra getting a title shot?

Im more interested in what they thought when he won the title

Post #11   3/26/08 10:02:00PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Tailgunner

Im more interested in what they thought when he won the title

I can assure you that every WW contender was effing livid that Serra got a title shot before they did!

Serra's back is gonna gimp out on him as soon as GSP takes him down.

Post #12   3/26/08 10:15:12PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:
I don't think Serra ever said up to that point he was top 10. That was Dana Whites brainchild. I'm just saying give the guy some respect.He got an chance and made the most of it. I give him major props. He's going to shock the world again

Post #13   3/26/08 10:20:34PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:
I'm game for an avatar bet. Hit me up. I'll take Serra

Post #14   3/26/08 10:21:57PM   

WhiteWidow

Banned

Career:86-49
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by Porch28

he looked forawhile that he would become the top fighter in the world p4p eventually, so yes... he probably wont live up to his potential that we(as informed mma fans) would have thought or hoped.

He hasnt done well against strikers. Mark kerr was the same way.

i guess your so much more informed, i better cower in fear of your MMA knowledge since you would know best huh

Post #15   3/26/08 10:24:27PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3