Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sergio Gomez – The Price of Glory

Print  
Posted By Message

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
With three brothers and six sisters, you can bet that WEC lightweight contender Sergio Gomez learned how to fight from an early age. Luckily for him, those early battles for the bathroom in the morning or for the last piece of cake on holidays have paid off to the tune of seven wins in eight pro MMA fights.

But despite his success, his only defeat - to Marcus Hicks last May - still haunts the 25-year old.

“That is the most painful way to lose a fight,” said Gomez, who seemed to have things under control against Hicks before getting submitted by a guillotine choke in the second round. “Anybody who saw that fight knows I was winning the entire time. I just got caught in something I wasn’t prepared for.”

Web Link

Last edited 3/25/08 3:28PM server time by RMFG_187
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/25/08 3:22:02PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
Cool, I didn't know that he is a Rockford, Illinois native. That makes two fighters on the card, as Ryan Stonitsch is also from Rockford. I'll be rooting for both these guys as I only lived about 45 minutes from Rockford.

Post #2   3/25/08 4:28:43PM