Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

LOL @ foxsports top 10 list

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler-80

Learning to Sprawl

grappler-80 Avatar

Career:14-8
Chips:
fox sports top 10 pound for pound mma fighters

Putting chuck above fedor and gsp? I mean comeon. Chucks good... but not pound for pound above fedor or gsp. And matt lindland is on the list? what'sup with that? yeah its nice that he beat jeremy horn last year... but he also lost to rampage 2 months before that (the new-age rampage, not rampage of old mind you).

Post #1   1/13/07 5:03:25AM   

Drago

Learning to Sprawl

Career:4-9
Chips:
I have to agree that Chucks one of the top mma fighters.
He is extremely difficult to take down which means its mostly stand up, and with that knock out power everyones got a bit of a problem trying to beat him.

Maybe not best fighter buy his overall game is most effective in the Octagon.

Thought Anderson Silva would be a bit higher though!!

Post #2   1/13/07 7:26:55AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,510-938
Chips:
Yeah I saw this the other day. I was disappointed that they didn't even give big Nog a mention

Chuck's one of my favs, but I personally think Fedor is a better p4p fighter. If Fedor fought a little more often and the UFC hype machine wasn't so influential Fedor probably would have gotten the nod over Chuck. Really though, can't take this list seriously, because as you said... MATT LINDLAND?

Post #3   1/13/07 7:29:38AM   

Drago

Learning to Sprawl

Career:4-9
Chips:
Yeh, I'm not sure how they pit him in the TOP 10. He's a very tough guy, considering he maybe lacks some of the genetic talents of other fighters in MMA.
Maybe top 10 in the most consistent fighters category, but not top 10 overall.

Post #4   1/13/07 11:30:52AM   

neko687

Learning to Sprawl

neko687 Avatar

Career:589-387
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Chuck is not a better fighter than Fedor... but nobody can take him down or beat him

Posted by grappler-80
yeah its nice that he beat jeremy horn last year... but he also lost to rampage 2 months before that (the new-age rampage, not rampage of old mind you).

Yeah, nevermind that Lindland is a middleweight,

come on people, Lindland has a great career with some major wins and some major loses, the guy is pretty good (also, grappling magazines (I do not remember if it was Tapout or Grappling) have him in the top 10 of the USA fighters).

Last edited 1/14/07 10:49AM server time by neko687
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   1/14/07 10:47:09AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,510-938
Chips:

Posted by neko687

Chuck is not a better fighter than Fedor... but nobody can take him down or beat him

Posted by grappler-80
yeah its nice that he beat jeremy horn last year... but he also lost to rampage 2 months before that (the new-age rampage, not rampage of old mind you).

Yeah, nevermind that Lindland is a middleweight,

come on people, Lindland has a great career with some major wins and some major loses, the guy is pretty good (also, grappling magazines (I do not remember if it was Tapout or Grappling) have him in the top 10 of the USA fighters).

Oh I don't mean to take any credit away from Lindland; beating Jeremy Horn is an accomplishment, and I'm sure that Lindland would pound my keyboard-warrior a$$ in real life... I'm just thinking that there's quite a few other folks that deserved the nod before him. Perhaps though the writer of this list was just trying to be PC about things and make sure that IFL gets at least some sort of mention in the article.

Post #6   1/14/07 11:57:30AM   

neko687

Learning to Sprawl

neko687 Avatar

Career:589-387
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
probably that's the case, I'm sure Lindland can put a good fight on anybody, I mean the guy is an olympic silver medalist.

Is he fighting on IFL only, or like Rampage, did the UFC got his contract too?

Post #7   1/14/07 1:03:01PM   

evilslutt

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I am curious as to how they gage the fighters overall. Are they basing on scores alone, from a judge's standpoint or just the current top 10 of this season?

Post #8   1/14/07 1:12:31PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Lindland is a legit P4P top ten, i'm suprised people don't recognise his credentials for his place there in the list, yet alone go on to laugh about it.

Post #9   1/15/07 9:27:24AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
What is hilarious is Cro Cop on there and no mention of Kid? WTF, Kid is probably top 5, Chuck definately isn't top 5.

Post #10   1/15/07 9:30:37AM   

lessthanwes

Learning to Sprawl

lessthanwes Avatar

Career:32-25
Camp: Team Gramble
Chips:
are u serious? cro cop is by far one of the best fighters out there. hes beatin some of the bets fighers out there (barnet, silva, coleman, randleman, igor, herring, etc.) theres no way you can say cro cop isnt top 10 material. and plus, look who chuck has beatin (couture, belfort, ortiz, sobral, horn, randleman). he isnt number one, but he is most deffinatly top 5.

Post #11   1/15/07 11:49:45AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lessthanwes

are u serious? cro cop is by far one of the best fighters out there. hes beatin some of the bets fighers out there (barnet, silva, coleman, randleman, igor, herring, etc.) theres no way you can say cro cop isnt top 10 material. and plus, look who chuck has beatin (couture, belfort, ortiz, sobral, horn, randleman). he isnt number one, but he is most deffinatly top 5.

I agree with you to an extent, but when considering P4P fighters I take into account more so there all round ability and
whether they are capable of fighting at different weights and such.

I'm not going to pick at what you have said as I appreciate that you have a valid argument and I feel P4P at the end of the day is really just personal opinion. I really do feel however that Chuck does not make top 5.

Post #12   1/15/07 6:42:27PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,426-1,699
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Matt Linland may be one of the top middleweights in the world but I don't know about pound for pound putting him in the same class as Fedor and Chuck. I mean look at a Fedor fight and look at a Linland fight. Linland will just go for a takedown like a crazy man and that's all he wants to do. Fedor will take what he is given and adapt his game too it. Chuck just kills people.

Post #13   1/16/07 12:02:27AM   

Kameleon

MMA Regular

Kameleon Avatar

Career:210-115
Chips:
I think most US media outlets think Liddell is the holy grail of MMA fighters. I can't wait til Rampage breaks his face, then slam the Iceman for the KO.

Post #14   1/16/07 1:52:35AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Is he fighting on IFL only, or like Rampage, did the UFC got his contract too?

I remember hearing that he had finished his obligations with WFA/WEC or whoever he was fighting for and I read in an interview that he had no plans to fight in the octagon. Too bad... I want the Law back in the UFC where he belongs.

Just because the guy doesn't stand and slug away, just because he doesn't have a style that novice MMA fans or converted boxing fans can appreciate, does not make him any less of a fighter. Matt Lindland is the definition of controling and smashing opponents

WAR MATT "The LAW" LINDLAND!!!! but why matt, why? Why do you want to fight fedor?

Post #15   1/25/07 4:22:22PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2