Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who deserves the title as # 1 contender in the UFC LHW??

Print  
Who deserves the # 1 contender status to fight Chuck?
Rampage Jackson 65 46%
Rashad Evans 42 30%
Keith Jardine 26 18%
Other 9 6%
  Page 5 of 9   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>
Posted By Message

SoldierSmurf

Learning to Sprawl

SoldierSmurf Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Rampage

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #61   2/28/07 12:40:33AM   

jaba

MMA Regular

jaba Avatar

Career:18-18
Camp: Team Big Guns
Chips:
Rampage definitely right now, after rampage the next contender should be not rashad or jardine but Ryoto "Lyoto" Machida. This guy has wins over BJ Penn, Rick Franklin, stephan bonnar, vernon white, sam hoger, sam greco and a perfect 9 and 0 record. Rashad and jardine are just another case of TUF overhyping by the UFC, machida would woop the both of em.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #62   2/28/07 1:24:26AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by jaba

Rampage definitely right now, after rampage the next contender should be not rashad or jardine but Ryoto "Lyoto" Machida. This guy has wins over BJ Penn, Rick Franklin, stephan bonnar, vernon white, sam hoger, sam greco and a perfect 9 and 0 record. Rashad and jardine are just another case of TUF overhyping by the UFC, machida would woop the both of em.

I think we will see the calibre of Forrest and Lyoto when they fight. If Lyoto wins he is 1-2 wins away from a title shot. If Forrest Wins he is probably the same. I dont think either will get a title shot right away.

Post #63   2/28/07 9:26:06AM   

poll77

MMA Regular

poll77 Avatar

Career:29-23
Camp: Team Havoc
Chips:
rampage...the end

Post #64   3/1/07 8:15:02AM   

TVDog

Learning to Sprawl

TVDog Avatar

Career:140-77
Camp: Lethal Wrestling
Chips:
Jardine's got my vote. He took down Forrest--who I thought was definitely being groomed to be Chuck's next vict...erm, opponent, and did so in convincing enough fashion to get a title shot. When Chuck fights next it'll more than likely be Jardine.

Rampage doesn't even want a title shot right now. He's focused on getting acclimated to the UFC and proving himself to the fans. Good for him; Quinton can go take the title when he's good and ready.

Post #65   3/1/07 7:25:45PM   

poll77

MMA Regular

poll77 Avatar

Career:29-23
Camp: Team Havoc
Chips:
sorry, repost

Last edited 3/1/07 7:51PM server time by poll77
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #66   3/1/07 7:50:24PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Rampage baby

Post #67   3/2/07 3:27:48AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Northrend

Rampage baby

Rumour has it. And Besides Tito and Babalu he is by far the most credible.

Post #68   3/2/07 9:55:56AM   

unethikal

Learning to Sprawl

unethikal Avatar

Career:293-160
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Chuck should fight himself. He's the only one that deserves a shot.

But seriously, not too many "deserving". If "deserving" means "He who has worked thier way through the ranks without losing", then there are only two. Everyone else has either lost, or not had enough UFC fights. Rashad and Jardine are the only "deserving" fighters. Now, that said, when has the UFC ever let the deserving fighters get first shot? Hardly ever. And how many think both of these fighters are "truely deserving"? One could argue either way.

Therefore....

I want to see Quinton V Chuck II.

Post #69   3/2/07 12:33:28PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:3,115-1,776
Chips:
Rampage for obvious reasons is the choice here, he beat Chuck and Chuck has been avenging every loss he had, the UFC wants him to beat all that beat him before to prove his dominance and to prove he's the #1 LW anywhere. Someone posted my second thought though and that's Machida, the guy has beaten a who's who of fighters and if he gets past Forrest he's gonna be in line soon. I like Jardine but for ppl to say Rashad and Forrest are overhyped TUF guys then hug Keith's nuts is ridiculous, he was on and didn't win TUF so the other 2 guys that did win aren't overhyped they did what he couldn't do. I would like to see Jardine get his shot after 1 or 2 more fights though as long as he wins the guy can be a beast and looks as much the part of a fighter as anyone.

Post #70   3/2/07 1:15:49PM   

ReproMan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:551-367
Camp: Super Karate Monkey Death Car
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Rampage for obvious reasons is the choice here, he beat Chuck and Chuck has been avenging every loss he had, the UFC wants him to beat all that beat him before to prove his dominance and to prove he's the #1 LW anywhere. Someone posted my second thought though and that's Machida, the guy has beaten a who's who of fighters and if he gets past Forrest he's gonna be in line soon. I like Jardine but for ppl to say Rashad and Forrest are overhyped TUF guys then hug Keith's nuts is ridiculous, he was on and didn't win TUF so the other 2 guys that did win aren't overhyped they did what he couldn't do. I would like to see Jardine get his shot after 1 or 2 more fights though as long as he wins the guy can be a beast and looks as much the part of a fighter as anyone.

I'll agree with the consensus that Griffin is over hyped, but I can't see how that can be said for Rashad or Jardine. Both of those fighters fought at heavyweight on the show, and the fact that Rashad Beat a man a 1/2 foot taller than him is a testament to his ability. Not to mention Jardine KO'd the winner of TUF and IMHO should have won the decision in the Bonnar fight. I defintely think either Evans or Jardine would be great candidates for a title shot, as well as Machida and Rampage.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #71   3/2/07 3:37:36PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Thats true anyone who thinks Keith is the real deal and Rashad is overhyped is insane. Remember on TUF when the 2 guys who were thought were gonna win it. they were Keith Jardine and Mike Whitehead, Rashad beat them both in fights that were only a few days apart.
As i recall Rashad dominated both of those fights as well as beating Tom Murphy ina 3 round Decsion only a week or 2 before. Now thats hard work. Nobody can say Rashad is overhyped.

Post #72   3/3/07 2:27:33PM   

Baltimore_Brawler

Learning to Sprawl

Baltimore_Brawler Avatar

Career:119-79
Chips:
i think either rampage or rashad evans

both fighters are explosive its jus thaat rashad needs to learn more in ground fights
hes gettin better tho

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #73   3/3/07 3:49:01PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Obviously Rampage is the better fighter and stands the best chance to beat chuck but as far as "deserving it" coupled with what makes sense at this time = RASHAD EVANS.

Somebody has to fight Chuck in May and unless they buy someone big it has to be either Jardine or Evans

Im no real fan of his but Rashad is undefeated 15-0 --- 5-0 in the UFC --- coming off 2 KO wins and having great wrestling ability = great opponent for chuck

Post #74   3/3/07 8:07:24PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Surprised at so many people saying Rampage??? he may be the best fighter and faced better opponents by far in pride but its #1 contender status in the UFC, 1 win over a weak opponent shouldnt give that, and its beside the point because Dana has said they wont fight next, chuck will fight someone and then they may fight in August

Less of the "deserves" and concentrate more on what makes sense in the meantime

Post #75   3/3/07 8:15:50PM   

Page 5 of 9   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>