Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who deserves the title as # 1 contender in the UFC LHW??

Print  
Who deserves the # 1 contender status to fight Chuck?
Rampage Jackson 65 46%
Rashad Evans 42 30%
Keith Jardine 26 18%
Other 9 6%
  Page 1 of 9     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,927-1,215
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Who deserves the Number 1 contender??

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   2/20/07 8:05:29PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
I went w/ Jardine since Rogan and goldy were both making Jardine/Griffin to sound like it was a #1 contenders match. Maybe they were just expecting Griffin to win.

Post #2   2/20/07 8:11:44PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i picked Rampage...Jardine has not fought anyone yet...the best fighter he has beaten is Forrest and he is nobody either.....when Jardine can get past a Tito Ortiz,or Sobral...then he will prove himself

Rampage has fought and beaten the better competition

Post #3   2/20/07 8:14:38PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i picked Rampage...Jardine has not fought anyone yet...the best fighter he has beaten is Forrest and he is nobody either.....when Jardine can get past a Tito Ortiz,or Sobral...then he will prove himself

Past Tito? You mean the guy who won a split decision over the very same guy you discredit that Jardine KO'd in rd 1?

Yeah Rampage has a win over Chuck and has fought better competition but Jardine has paid his dues more in the UFC. And you can be damned sure if Griffin would have KOd Jardine in the first rd that Forrest would be Chuck's next fight.

Post #4   2/20/07 8:21:11PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Past Tito? You mean the guy who won a split decision over the very same guy you discredit that Jardine KO'd in rd 1?

Yeah Rampage has a win over Chuck and has fought better competition but Jardine has paid his dues more in the UFC. And you can be damned sure if Griffin would have KOd Jardine in the first rd that Forrest would be Chuck's next fight.

yeah past tito...besides...you really think Jardine would KO Forrest in the 1rd if they fought again?...it was a lucky punch

Tito could of easy stopped Forrest in the 1st round too with that brutal GnP he unleashed on him

it was tito's first fight back in over 18 months...how about Sobral?..you didnt mention him

Post #5   2/20/07 8:32:33PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

yeah past tito...besides...you really think Jardine would KO Forrest in the 1rd if they fought again?...it was a lucky punch

Tito could of easy stopped Forrest in the 1st round too with that brutal GnP he unleashed on him

it was tito's first fight back in over 18 months...how about Sobral?..you didnt mention him

WTF are you on about? What does Babalu have to do w/ anything again? Feel free to discredit Jardine's win any way you want. Call it lucky or whatever. I guess you could use that lame-o excuse for any fight result you weren't happy with. Jardine threw a punch w/ the intention of hurting Forrest and he did exactly that. You call it luck, I call it accuracy.

Facts are Tito did NOT stop Forrest in the 1st round and Jardine DID. There are no "what ifs" or excuses because these fights already happened.

Post #6   2/20/07 8:52:02PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

WTF are you on about? What does Babalu have to do w/ anything again? Feel free to discredit Jardine's win any way you want. Call it lucky or whatever. I guess you could use that lame-o excuse for any fight result you weren't happy with. Jardine threw a punch w/ the intention of hurting Forrest and he did exactly that. You call it luck, I call it accuracy.

Facts are Tito did NOT stop Forrest in the 1st round and Jardine DID. There are no "what ifs" or excuses because these fights already happened.

im just saying that Forrest wins 80% of the time

i once threw a penny and made it inside a 3 liter bottle of coke from 20' away....i was aiming for that and i did it.....luck?....guess not

Post #7   2/20/07 9:02:28PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I have to agree with OB_Juan on this one. Jardine's only loss was to Bonnar which most if not all people think he won and Jardine tore through Griffin (apparently with a lucky punch just like Liddell lands a "lucky punch" every fight) where as Ortiz won a controversial split decision over him. Evans isn't a contender yet and Rampage not only said he wanted one more fight before Liddell, but fought like he neeeded it at UFC 67 IMO. That only leaves Jardine or someone new so I pick Jardine.

Post #8   2/20/07 9:30:12PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

im just saying that Forrest wins 80% of the time

i once threw a penny and made it inside a 3 liter bottle of coke from 20' away....i was aiming for that and i did it.....luck?....guess not

Statistics would disagree. Jardine wins 100% of the time.

Post #9   2/20/07 9:30:16PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I say Jardine has earned it, but would prefer to see Rampage in the UFC. If I had my druther's completely I would say Wandy.

Last edited 2/20/07 9:49PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   2/20/07 9:48:32PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
all we need now is the guy that spams rashad evans here!

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   2/20/07 10:35:22PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Yeah. I'm actually surprised He hasn't posted here yet with the same Rashad Evans Pics.

Post #12   2/20/07 10:48:44PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

all we need now is the guy that spams rashad evans here!

Please don't encourage this

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   2/21/07 12:52:03AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:2,397-1,527
Chips:
Keith Jardine.

IMO Keith has not lost in the UFC yet. His only real loss came over 5 years ago to Travis Wiuff. However, he hasn’t beat any big names yet. He did beat Bonner and Griffin, so the UFC will agree with me and give him a shot at the title.

I have a special place in my heart for guys who work the legs with low kicks. Jardine and Mirko come to mind.

Post #14   2/21/07 1:11:00AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

Keith Jardine.

IMO Keith has not lost in the UFC yet. His only real loss came over 5 years ago to Travis Wiuff. However, he hasn’t beat any big names yet. He did beat Bonner and Griffin, so the UFC will agree with me and give him a shot at the title.

I have a special place in my heart for guys who work the legs with low kicks. Jardine and Mirko come to mind.

I'll always remember Ruas chooping down Varlan's and being glad I wasn't the polar bear.

The Iron Code

Post #15   2/21/07 1:14:12AM   

Page 1 of 9     1     2     3     4   >>