Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hiromitsu Miura vs. Blas Avena

Print  
Posted By Message

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
Who do you guys have and why?

My first instinct was that Blas was going to win this fight by TKO, yet I now currently have Hiromitsu Miura winning. I think Miura will either win by TKO or UD. Both fighters have impressed me and Blas is a beast. Both fighters have fought at 185, yet I think this fight is taking place a WW. Blas will have a good reach advantage as he is the taller fighter. Both fighters are good on their feet and I think Miura has a slight edge on the feet, whereas Blas has the advantage on the ground. I think Miura has good enough sub defense and don't think Blas will sub him. This is a tough fight for me to call, I am still on the fence with this one. Blas appears to be a promising prospect, yet I am still not sure if he is for real and Miura is a warrior who is good on the feet and has a good judo background. This fight will definitely be a war! Any thoughts?

EDIT: Damn, I meant to add a poll, but it appears I can't go back and add one in...

Last edited 3/19/08 4:58PM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/19/08 4:55:11PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I like Blas in this one. He is always looking to get the finish. Blas by submission.

Post #2   3/19/08 5:55:19PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Nightmare27

I like Blas in this one. He is always looking to get the finish. Blas by submission.

Thanks for the reply, anyone else? I am still torn on this fight, someone help me.

Post #3   3/19/08 6:32:14PM   

LightsOut33093

Standup Guy

LightsOut33093 Avatar

Career:648-332
Chips:
This is supposed to be in the 'Other Organizations' forum.

As for the poll, why would you look at a poll for who people picked? There is a 'stats per event' section where it shows how many ppl on MMAPG picked who.

Post #4   3/19/08 6:38:51PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by LightsOut33093

As for the poll, why would you look at a poll for who people picked? There is a 'stats per event' section where it shows how many ppl on MMAPG picked who.

Really???

Taken directly from the forums page: "MMA Playground Game Talk: This is the place to talk about your picks, house wagers, and other community related MMAPlayground.com discussions. If need support or would like to leave feedback please contact us, do not post it here."

Seems pretty clear to me, as for adding the poll, I would just like to view how people see this fight ending. For instance, do most see this fight going to decision or do they see this fight ending early via TKO/Sub. Of course, I have looked at the stats page. I clearly see that the site has Miura as the favorite, yet the results don't give me any 'personal' feedback. Virtually, it is useless for me to just look at the stats for this fight. This is why I want to hear what the people have to say, as it will maybe help me make a more educated pick. Right now, I could see the fight going either way. Thanks for thinking me out to be an ass. j/k

Oh and thanks for the insight on the fight, very helpful towards my topic....

Last edited 3/19/08 7:00PM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: Damn Typos
3 total post edits

Post #5   3/19/08 6:50:48PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,607-1,396
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Hiromitsu definatly takes this Fight and I have total confindence in this Pick. Hiromitsu dropped Mayhem Miller in their Fight and If Mayhem can't choke him out then I highly doubt Blas Avena will. I have Hiromitsu via 1st Round T(KO)

Post #6   3/19/08 9:24:51PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Hiromitsu definatly takes this Fight and I have total confindence in this Pick. Hiromitsu dropped Mayhem Miller in their Fight and If Mayhem can't choke him out then I highly doubt Blas Avena will. I have Hiromitsu via 1st Round T(KO)

Exactly, that is ultimately why I changed my pick from Blas to Hiromitsu. I remembered his war with Mayhem, he showed a lot of heart and good standup/sub defense. I was also going to add if Mayhem couldn't sub him, I couldn't see Blas subbing him. 1st rd. TKO is a pretty bold prediction. I think I'll stay with a 2nd or 3rd rd. TKO. Probably, 2nd round TKO. Thanks for the feedback hotrodttt.

Last edited 3/19/08 9:30PM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   3/19/08 9:30:16PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by LightsOut33093

Really???

Taken directly from the forums page: "MMA Playground Game Talk: This is the place to talk about your picks, house wagers, and other community related MMAPlayground.com discussions. If need support or would like to leave feedback please contact us, do not post it here."

Seems pretty clear to me, as for adding the poll, I would just like to view how people see this fight ending. For instance, do most see this fight going to decision or do they see this fight ending early via TKO/Sub. Of course, I have looked at the stats page. I clearly see that the site has Miura as the favorite, yet the results don't give me any 'personal' feedback. Virtually, it is useless for me to just look at the stats for this fight. This is why I want to hear what the people have to say, as it will maybe help me make a more educated pick. Right now, I could see the fight going either way. Thanks for thinking me out to be an ass. j/k

Oh and thanks for the insight on the fight, very helpful towards my topic....

I love it!! As for the Mayhem fight, I dont know if that is the best judge but then again what else would the average fan go with. Blas just seems really aggressive and I like that. I gotta go with my gut on this and stay with him. Should be a good bout.

Post #8   3/20/08 4:53:47AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Chips:
Yeah, that was my original thought, as I also liked how aggressive Blas was. I just think that might get him in trouble with a veteran like Miura. I think it is also hard to judge Blas from his last fights, because he beat Tiki, who has been on a bad losing streak and Benoit who made a simple rookie mistake. He telegraphed his shot and practically gave Blas his neck. No doubt, his quick wins were impressive, I just think Miura is more than prepared for his submissions and aggressiveness. However, you could very well turn out to be right.

Post #9   3/20/08 12:44:18PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,155-1,278
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I dont think Blas will be able to handle the standup long enough to get him down and work a sub.. I see him getting rocked pretty early and getting KO'd midway through the first

Post #10   3/20/08 9:28:28PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Miura for now...Blas won't be getting a KO he is a submission fighter. Miura is more proven and has the better hands. his sub defense is good enough imo not to get caught in anything stupid so if Blas were to win it would be by UD. i just think that Miura has the KO power to end this in the 2nd. i am flip flopping between KO and UD but i am going with Miura in this one...that's for sure.

Post #11   3/20/08 11:36:09PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Miura for now...Blas won't be getting a KO he is a submission fighter. Miura is more proven and has the better hands. his sub defense is good enough imo not to get caught in anything stupid so if Blas were to win it would be by UD. i just think that Miura has the KO power to end this in the 2nd. i am flip flopping between KO and UD but i am going with Miura in this one...that's for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. Anyways, that is a good analysis, as that is how I see it going for now as well. Yeah, Blas's best chance to win is by decision as I also don't see him winning by sub. Miura by 2nd rd. TKO, but I could also see him winning a decision. I'm going to stay with a TKO stoppage though, because whenever I switch rounds/methods around it comes back to bite me in the ass. Going from 11 pts. to 7 sucks, that 4 point difference can screw you over sometimes.

Post #12   3/21/08 12:16:09AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Chips:
Good call hotrodttt, you nailed that pick.

Post #13   3/27/08 10:50:00PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,468-915
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Damn, I have epic fail. If your avatar didn't clue me in to the fact that you know what is well and good in this world, then nothing will. Sadly my parlay and my straight bet revolved around Blas based on his last performance... If only I would have heeded your guidance /grovel

Post #14   3/27/08 10:55:50PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by hotrodttt

Damn, I have epic fail. If your avatar didn't clue me in to the fact that you know what is well and good in this world, then nothing will. Sadly my parlay and my straight bet revolved around Blas based on his last performance... If only I would have heeded your guidance /grovel

Don't feel so bad, I also had bad luck with my parlay. I like the addition of the parlay, but it has been nothing but bad luck for me. lol I think I have only nailed one parlay. I am doing another parlay for the next card and hope to change my luck this time around.

Post #15   3/28/08 12:08:43AM