Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

royce gracie

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i laugh at hackneys posts cuz always at the end theres something about keith hackney in the first point of view, and its comical

good job mate! (i mean.. keith..)

Post #16   2/22/07 8:21:37PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by keith-hackney1

wes sims walked into mirs hand, they were both gassed in that fight.
do you know if monsoon is soon to face fedor or is it just a rumour ??

I was just poking a little fun when I brought up Simms, I think Mir did land a solid knee that was the beginning of the end of that fight...

I think that Fedor is fighting Matt Lindland instead of Monson, though... If I'm not mistaken, I beleive the Snowman might be fighting AleksE. on the same BoDog fight card. I think there might be a thread on it in the 'other orgs' forum...

According to MMAWEEKLY Aleks is fighting Eric Pele

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   2/22/07 8:39:29PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Your right, they always will be known for bringing ju jitsu to the world but i hate the way the gracies still claim that their style is the best and always will be. They hardly win convincinly these days, even the new generation are feeling the competition as theres no longer style vs style anymore. Isnt it time royce and his brothers who are still competing retire and let the new wave of gracie fighters come through with a bit more respect for the mma fighters around today.

Look at my right hand, jo son had it whack him in the ball bag so i could win the fight with him !! Im proud of that !!

i still think their style is the best (style v style)
but their style cant compete with someone with a miltitude of styles (1, almost always being JJ) but you could say that about any body. just a striker couldnt compete, neither could just a wrestler. so when they say their style is the best, i think they mean their style against anothers one style. thay had such an impact early on that everyone wanted to learn BJJ but because theirs was the best they didnt feel the need to add to their arsenal and that hurts them now.
i believe that their impact is why so many now have good all around skills.
strikers want to learn how to grapple, wrestlers want to learn submissions, everybody want to learn how to defend a choke.

Post #18   2/22/07 9:05:31PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Explain bodog to me ? i've heard alot bout this show but here in england, yesterdays news was two months ago to you guys. Where has bodog arrived, formed and who's in it ??

P.s... This is me "keith the giant killer hackney" with my two sons, jerome and kazushi"the polar penguin" varlans hackney.

To be honest, I dont' know much about it... BoDog's a company that I think started as an internet poker site and then has been trying to diversify since...

They put on one show last year and billed it as Russia vs the USA... I think they did some reality show type thing with it, which I heard was horrible, but it was basically a bunch of Americans fighting guys from Red Devil Sports Club...

They must be doing something right, last year they had the MMA debut of Roger Gracie and this year they have Fedor and Aleks signed to fight... That's about all I know...

And sorry about the mix up, Aleks is fighting Eric Pele as Hippysmacker stated, not Jeff Monson...

Post #19   2/23/07 10:14:40AM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by keith-hackney1

Explain bodog to me ? i've heard alot bout this show but here in england, yesterdays news was two months ago to you guys. Where has bodog arrived, formed and who's in it ??

P.s... This is me "keith the giant killer hackney" with my two sons, jerome and kazushi"the polar penguin" varlans hackney.

To be honest, I dont' know much about it... BoDog's a company that I think started as an internet poker site and then has been trying to diversify since...

They put on one show last year and billed it as Russia vs the USA... I think they did some reality show type thing with it, which I heard was horrible, but it was basically a bunch of Americans fighting guys from Red Devil Sports Club...

They must be doing something right, last year they had the MMA debut of Roger Gracie and this year they have Fedor and Aleks signed to fight... That's about all I know...

And sorry about the mix up, Aleks is fighting Eric Pele as Hippysmacker stated, not Jeff Monson...

im not positive but from what i see and here the bodog events we see on ion happened some time ago. the free ppv last week was afew months old and the 30 min show bodog fight st petersburg are fights from past ppvs a little bit like unleashed

yes they did start as online poker and made big bucks and he can afford his mma brand and has deep enough pockets to last through hard times of being a rookie org. i think they sign a lot of 1 or 2 fight deals / not long term contracts. so they can pay top dollar for some good 1 time fights and then go from there.
having the Em brothers should boost their credability ten fold.

maybe bodog would be willing to get some big time pride / ufc fights just promoting the fighters, not their orgs or their belts

theres a lot of loose change to throw around at bodog

Post #20   2/23/07 4:06:36PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Keiths the man !!!! Keiths number 1... "aint that right mr rutten?" !!!!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #21   2/23/07 4:15:26PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Keiths the man !!!! Keiths number 1... "aint that right mr rutten?" !!!!

you aren't going to start turning into that guy that spams Rashad all over every post are you???

Well, at least there's a little more humor behind Hackney

Post #22   2/23/07 4:36:18PM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:
this thread isnt about royce anymore, is it?

Post #23   2/23/07 5:12:39PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2