Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Playstation 3

Print  
Out of 5 Rate the PS3
5... Best Next Gen Console 9 28%
4... Good, worth getting 2 6%
3... Not bad, buy when cheaper 11 34%
2... Dont buy just wait til sumtin better or buy another 360 4 13%
1... BAD, DONT GET IT!!!! 3 9%
360 AND WII'S SUCK JUST GET THE DAMN PS3!!! 3 9%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
How good is the Playstation 3? I want to buy one soon, hopefully in summer at latest. I have a Wii and a 360. Do you think i should just buy games for the 360/wii... Cuz my older bro is moving out in the summer and taking 360.. so i wanted a new Console.. What games are recomemed for it, is the system link?

Post #1   3/19/08 12:51:19AM   

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:
Well....... Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out for the PS3. Other than that most games out for the PS3 are out for the 360. So its your choice. Graphics wise 360 is better right now. But I got a PS3 because of Metal Gear Solid 4. Im a huge fan of the Metal Gear series. I heard its coming out for the 360 also but Kojima (the creator) hasnt said anything.

Post #2   3/19/08 12:58:24AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
buy super smash brawl and make love to it for hours. best game in years.

Post #3   3/19/08 3:35:16AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
I use to be a sony fanboy, But hey, Microsoft have delivered every time, Stick with them and you cant go wrong.

The days of exclusive games for certain consoles are numbered, So it wont matter soon. It will be more like "What controller do I wanna use?"

Like I already said though, XBOX have delivered all they said, Sony have let me down many times.

Plus, I bet Bill Gates will buy sony and then......................

Post #4   3/19/08 3:52:52AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ufcboss

I use to be a sony fanboy, But hey, Microsoft have delivered every time, Stick with them and you cant go wrong.

The days of exclusive games for certain consoles are numbered, So it wont matter soon. It will be more like "What controller do I wanna use?"

Like I already said though, XBOX have delivered all they said, Sony have let me down many times.

Plus, I bet Bill Gates will buy sony and then......................

Sony is worth more than Bill Gates' net worth. But I'm assuming you are being facetious.

Post #5   3/19/08 5:28:05AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Better control pad ......... but thats it, id like one for GTA4 for that reason but the 360 having all that extra content exclusive seals the deal and im sticking with the 360

Post #6   3/19/08 7:49:01AM   

disturbed_fighter

MMA Regular

Career:166-106
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
umm heres another thing...the book can also b....a hat

Post #7   3/19/08 9:05:49AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

If someone tells you to get the 360 over the PS3 because of the price using the argument of the game overlap between the two consoles and Xbox live, DON't PAY Attention...

The price of the PS3 is that "high" mostly because of the Blu-Ray player, go around and check how much $ cost just a single blu-ray player.

Also Playstation Network >>>>>>>>> Xbox Live, and free.

Post #8   3/19/08 9:23:15AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

If someone tells you to get the 360 over the PS3 because of the price using the argument of the game overlap between the two consoles and Xbox live, DON't PAY Attention...

The price of the PS3 is that "high" mostly because of the Blu-Ray player, go around and check how much $ cost just a single blu-ray player.

who needs a blu ray player?....I sure dont......so why force it down my throat and MAKE me pay for it?..........alot of people are like "HD DVD is dead!!!..PS3 won the format war".......why is it dead if i was never gonna buy an HD DVD player to begin with?..I didnt have it forced down my throat...

how much are Blu Ray movies anyways?..$25-$30?...no thanks...Its all about the games for me.

PSN is better than XBL?......thats laughable.....Its free for a reason..if they ever want to even compete with XBL they're gonna have to start charging..you get what you pay for..

for me its not the price that shys me away from getting a ps3......I just feel that i dont need it...MGS4 isnt even gonna do it for me.......I already have a 360....I was gonna get a PS3 around the christmas holidays,but then i thought to myself....should i get a PS3,or use what i was gonna pay for the ps3 and buy myself a shit load of XBOX360 Titles as they come out instead?...I know i made the right choice.

Post #9   3/19/08 1:31:05PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I'v got both an the 360 is nothing but a expensive book end now.
Free online play, better graphics, better control, better dvd player and you look cool as hell buying the games..... I don't know why i just did

All that being said the 360 is getting fable 2 so i might play it again when that comes out.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #10   3/19/08 2:15:03PM   

mvp247

Learning to Sprawl

Career:377-262
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
360 has way more games and way better games ps3 is a big dissapointment.

Post #11   3/19/08 9:15:19PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
Personally, I only think the PS3 is good right now cause its Blu-Ray which Im kinda pissed off over cause I dont want to get a new movie collection for a new format. Anyways, I have a Wii and 360. I got bored of the Wii after 3 months cause there just arnt enough games I like. 360 is my fav. PS3 might be worth the buy in a year or two though but 360 is a must right now.

Post #12   3/19/08 9:17:42PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Ordep

who needs a blu ray player?....I sure dont......so why force it down my throat and MAKE me pay for it?..........alot of people are like "HD DVD is dead!!!..PS3 won the format war".......why is it dead if i was never gonna buy an HD DVD player to begin with?..I didnt have it forced down my throat...

how much are Blu Ray movies anyways?..$25-$30?...no thanks...Its all about the games for me.

PSN is better than XBL?......thats laughable.....Its free for a reason..if they ever want to even compete with XBL they're gonna have to start charging..you get what you pay for..

for me its not the price that shys me away from getting a ps3......I just feel that i dont need it...MGS4 isnt even gonna do it for me.......I already have a 360....I was gonna get a PS3 around the christmas holidays,but then i thought to myself....should i get a PS3,or use what i was gonna pay for the ps3 and buy myself a shit load of XBOX360 Titles as they come out instead?...I know i made the right choice.

I think people are immature to jump to a system and like look for positives just so they can flame the other system. If you really look at it, Playstation Network is a knock off of Live and Killzone 2 (one of its big name titles) is just a knock off of Halo. If Xbox wasnt around, I doubt Playstation would be in the direction its going at all. Also, Xbox live is a way better network. To say it isnt and a pratically beta network out does it only shows your a PS3 fan boy which doesnt change which is better.

Xbox Live > PSN

Its all subjective opinions though

Post #13   3/19/08 9:28:35PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
I will just get when it is cheaper that stuff is high as hell these days

Post #14   3/19/08 10:04:17PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Ordep

Obviously you didn't get my point. Is not forcing to buy a HD player is the fact of the price, because a lot of people use the argument " the 360 b/c its cheaper". Look for the price of a 4x4 SUV against the same model regular drive. So if you're not looking for a specific game (e.g. Halo of FF) nor an HD player go for the Xbox like you did. I know it sucks that you're forced to pay that, I got a PS3 and keep buying reg DVDs for $15 instead of hds, you're right on that. But I'm a big FF fan and did't wanted to pay for online gaming neither. And if you go to unbiased analyses of the system power, you'll see that the PS tech is better than the Xbox, but once again if you don't care about those "side" details and just care about gaming and the games you're interested in are on both consoles, then the obvious option is the Xbox cuz it gives you more or less the same for less $$.

Post #15   3/20/08 1:36:11AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2