Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What's next for the UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
If they brought Wanderlei in, it would be after Chuck and Rampage fight or else it defeats the purpose of having Rampage in the UFC right now. They might just have Wanderlei fight the winner (if Pride let's him go).

I am a Chuck lover but every fan has fantasy match-ups and Chuck/CC would be one of them. And think about it... there is potential for Chuck to be the first person to hold simultaneous belts in two different weight classes.

Also... Same day weigh-ins are the only way to go. And the only reason it would be dangerous to do so is for fighters who don't belong in that weight class in the first place. Instead we'll begin to see fighters closer to their own natural weight in each class.

Post #16   2/21/07 1:21:23PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by JimiMak

I admire the moxy, don't get me wrong. It's just....... why? I can see why he would want to test himself. I don't want to see it, I don't get why you all would want to see it (except extreme Chuck haters), I don't get why Dana would even talk about it publicly. I don't think it's anywhere near gonna happen, but if it does it'll be a faster HL reel KO than prob'ly any other UFC CroCop fight (IMO) . Style wise they are so opposite in CC's favor. They both have good matchups w/ certain fighters, I just think Chuck's style says fast CC KO to me. But yeah I think it's weird when any fighter doesn't say anyone anwhere anytime. To me when you fight, that's what you do. IDK.

It sounds like you're more scared for chuck than he is for himself. I don't think it's as bad of a match up as you make it out to be. There will probably be 10 lbs or less weight difference and Chuck is considered by most to be a higher ranked P4P fighter than Mirko.

I guess maybe it's just me... course, I wouldn't rank Chuck over Mirko P4P either... so, idk. I just think he's way to much of a sit back counter striker, Mirko would run through him like noone he's had a chance to face.... ever. Jackson doesn't even compare, Alistair is no Mirko. I can't think of anyone else Chuck has fought to compare. I don't hate on Chuck and will rarely bet against him, I just think in this fight he would literally have nothing but the proverbial puncher's chance.

Post #17   2/21/07 4:58:06PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Crocop Liddell would be sick!!!

lol..i hope Baroni K-Frank-TFO..

I REALLY hope Rampage's next opponent is an easy fight for him..i wouldnt want to see him lose and not see the rematch we are waiting for....

Aint that the truth.. If Rampage fails to win, He'll be on a LONG road to recovery, and he seems to have a hella good ring entrance. Fun to watch..

Post #18   2/21/07 6:10:26PM   

modogg

Learning to Sprawl

modogg Avatar

Career:308-202
Camp: Cobra Kai Skeleton Crew
Chips:
I agree that Wandy would have to come after Chuck vs. Rampage because i think there would be more buzz about it and we would have a better idea. Being that Chuck fights in UFC 71 (late May) i don't think Wandy will be able to come in by then, let alone gain the hype that the UFC will want for it.

I would like to see Chuck vs. Cro Cop as well, and i think Chuck would do it because there aren't many challenges left for him. he is getting older, and we all know Dana has been trying to get Wandy to fight him for years. who knows if that will happen at any point, so i think they have to plan for Chuck to face a challenging opponent. Chuck has dominated for some time, and if he dominates Rampage, say in October or whenever they fight, they will have to come up with someone else for him to fight. If Wandy isn't signed by then, i have to think Cro Cop. The TUF guys may be good, but the way Chuck handled Babalu and Tito they can't go against him for sometime.

Post #19   2/22/07 1:16:22PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by modogg

I agree that Wandy would have to come after Chuck vs. Rampage because i think there would be more buzz about it and we would have a better idea. Being that Chuck fights in UFC 71 (late May) i don't think Wandy will be able to come in by then, let alone gain the hype that the UFC will want for it.

I would like to see Chuck vs. Cro Cop as well, and i think Chuck would do it because there aren't many challenges left for him. he is getting older, and we all know Dana has been trying to get Wandy to fight him for years. who knows if that will happen at any point, so i think they have to plan for Chuck to face a challenging opponent. Chuck has dominated for some time, and if he dominates Rampage, say in October or whenever they fight, they will have to come up with someone else for him to fight. If Wandy isn't signed by then, i have to think Cro Cop. The TUF guys may be good, but the way Chuck handled Babalu and Tito they can't go against him for sometime.

I agree . The one problem that could conceivably happen though is Chuck could catch him. If Cro-cops the champ then ,and Chuck decides he's beat everone and retires that's 2 vacant belts. Highly unlikely true, but still possible.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   2/23/07 12:31:37AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree . The one problem that could conceivably happen though is Chuck could catch him. If Cro-cops the champ then ,and Chuck decides he's beat everone and retires that's 2 vacant belts. Highly unlikely true, but still possible.

If that did happen I don't forsee that being a problem. You would want to avoid the paper champion, but it would be a great excuse for a UFC Grand Prix style tournament.

Chucks been dominating for a long time. It would be good to see him go up a class. It will be his chance to show the world whats what, and he wouldn't have to worry about cutting weight before a bout. That alone could make a difference.

Post #21   2/23/07 2:00:01AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Whats next for the UFC?
Take over the USA
Take over North America
Rule the UK and Japan
Take Brazil and Russia
Control all MMA fighters in the world
Conrtol all Orgs in the world
Buy the moon and host a UFC event there
Change UFC to UDWF- Ultiamte Dana White Fighting
Dana become HW champ
UDWF becomes watered down and lame like Pro Wrestling
UDWF collaspes under Danas crap
all fighters are forced to become bouncers and thugs
Dana White tries to restore the old UFC in a last dithc effort.
Shamrock vs Ortiz 4 is made as is Sakuraba vs Silva 4
Dana gets some sense and actually gets Fedor to fight Cro Cop and Wand to fight Chuck

World Peace is restored.

Post #22   2/23/07 8:33:13AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Whats next for the UFC?
Take over the USA
Take over North America
Rule the UK and Japan
Take Brazil and Russia
Control all MMA fighters in the world
Conrtol all Orgs in the world
Buy the moon and host a UFC event there
Change UFC to UDWF- Ultiamte Dana White Fighting
Dana become HW champ
UDWF becomes watered down and lame like Pro Wrestling
UDWF collaspes under Danas crap
all fighters are forced to become bouncers and thugs
Dana White tries to restore the old UFC in a last dithc effort.
Shamrock vs Ortiz 4 is made as is Sakuraba vs Silva 4
Dana gets some sense and actually gets Fedor to fight Cro Cop and Wand to fight Chuck

World Peace is restored.

lol great post, the first 7 pretty much sum up UFC's game plan for the future.

Post #23   2/23/07 1:36:29PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by nate22

lol great post, the first 7 pretty much sum up UFC's game plan for the future.

I do my best. And that is just off the top of my head. I have a crazy imagination. Dont even let me start on Bob Sapp.

Post #24   2/23/07 2:39:28PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I guess what's next for the UFC is Werdum

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #25   2/23/07 9:50:35PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2