Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What's next for the UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Did any of you read this article?!
There are a lot of amazing things coming up in the near future.
What are your thoughts?

Dana White was a guest on MMA Weekly radio recently. Here is a breakdown of what Dana had to say:

Says TUF 5 will be the best season yet

Says we might see a Hermes Franca-Sean Sherk fight

Says the UFC has done the Mohegan-Jersey-Vegas circuit and now plans to expand to Ohio, Texas, UK, Canada and Mexico

Says they’re working on getting MMA sanctioned in every state even if they don’t plan on running shows there so that a rinky dink organization doesn’t get some fighter killed

Did not seem overly impressed about doing a show at Madison Square Garden

Feels that same-day weigh-ins will get fighters hurt

Says Brandon Vera has one more fight and is currently negotiating with him - says Vera is insane if he leaves the UFC

Says that if Pride is for sale, he’s interested in buying them - He would try and run it as a separate promotion in Asia

Says he does not ‘get’ the IFL at all - MMA is not a team sport and it never will be

Says Evan Tanner will always be welcome in the UFC

Says he’d love to see Phil Baroni knock Frank Shamrock out and if he did he’d bring Phil back to the UFC in 2 seconds

Says he’d love to see Chuck kick Frank’s head into the ninth row

Says Bonnar and Buentello are welcome back to the UFC

Says he has no problem with Matt Lindland despite Matt ******* him over. He will not rule out a return for Matt to the UFC

Says International talent (like Crocop) was not brought in earlier because it was harder to bring them in to do press in the U.S. now that they plan on going worldwide they will bring in more International talent

Hates fighters who don’t make time for fans

Says Crocop gets winner of Sylvia-Couture in the summer if he gets past Gonzaga

Says Chuck wants to move to heavyweight to fight Crocop

Says Chuck and Rampage get one more fight each before facing each other

Says he was half-asses joking when he had the exchange with Rashad (about Rashad fighting his friend Keith Jardine) - at the end of the day these guys will fight their mother for the right amount of money

Says he has different people running the WEC and that he might have their champs fight UFC champs one day

Says he’s still working on the HBO deal (including who will announce)

Says he’s going to box Tito on April 24th possibly for charity on the Internet

Says the guys getting into MMA promoting now are the guys who ****** up boxing in the first place (obviously referring to Gary Shaw)

Hinted that he feels MMA is at its most enjoyable now and it may get worse once the boxing promoters take over

Says in the immediate future women will not be in the UFC because he feels it is not the right time

Post #1   2/20/07 5:29:35PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Great post man, I hope Chuck does move up to HW to fight CC

Post #2   2/20/07 5:34:12PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Great post man, I hope Chuck does move up to HW to fight CC

Definitely! That would be an amazing fight - second only to a CC/Fedor rematch. Man if Chuck moves up to HW then there's him, CC and Couture in the mix!

Post #3   2/20/07 5:41:37PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Crocop Liddell would be sick!!!

lol..i hope Baroni K-Frank-TFO..

I REALLY hope Rampage's next opponent is an easy fight for him..i wouldnt want to see him lose and not see the rematch we are waiting for....

Post #4   2/20/07 5:55:23PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
who will chuck fight if it isnt: jardine, rampage or evans? maybe an early shot for machida??

Post #5   2/20/07 5:57:26PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,817-1,114
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
It could easily be someone in Pride who's contract is coming up. If they were fighting on February's card they'd have plenty of time to get ready to fight Chuck in May.

Post #6   2/20/07 6:01:23PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,321-829
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Dana made it sound like someone will come right in and fight chuck which is not a fair deal to the 205 (Evans, Jardine) but he made it sound like some big superstar will come in....only guess...Wanderlei

Post #7   2/20/07 7:38:55PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Dana has it on lockdown. Can't wait to see UFC in five years time.

Post #8   2/20/07 8:46:21PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Let's hope it is Wandy. I think he'll beat Hendo, but I'm really pulling for Hendo now so we can Chuck vs Wandy. I understand why some other UFC guys would be unhappy if an outsider steps right into a title shot , but I think it's fine if it's Wandy. People have been talking about this fight for 5 years. I wanna see it.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   2/20/07 8:53:26PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Saw this article tonight, liked it, have a few points...

Wanna see 'em back at Mohegan (I live close and have never seen it live... the rest aren't so self- serving)

I think same day weigh ins are the only way to have legit weight classes.

Don't want any monopoly in MMA.

Baroni back would be great.

But my BIGGEST POINT is

Does anyone really want to see Chuck go from being one of the biggest LHW's of all time to looking like Alex E.? (Which I think is exactly what would happen) I for one don't. Chuck is where he is for a reason. His dream fights should be Shogun and Wanderlei, not CroCop. Why watch someone move up, just to watch them get destroyed? I think Tim will last longer than Chuck would, just style wise. Hell I think GSP would have about 2/3 better chance of beating Chuck than Chuck of lasting more than a round with CroCop. Just my opinion.

Post #10   2/20/07 9:48:48PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Dana made it sound like someone will come right in and fight chuck which is not a fair deal to the 205 (Evans, Jardine) but he made it sound like some big superstar will come in....only guess...Wanderlei

Where did he say anything about a non established contender (or anyone except another fight before Rampage)? nothing about someone coming right in to fight him. I hope it's Jardine, could also be Evans... I just hope it isn't Machida. That fight deserves hype, no matter what happens.

Post #11   2/20/07 9:53:26PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
But you have to admire Chuck's moxy. I respect anybody that only wants to fight the best in order to prove themself.

Post #12   2/20/07 9:54:30PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Chips:
I admire the moxy, don't get me wrong. It's just....... why? I can see why he would want to test himself. I don't want to see it, I don't get why you all would want to see it (except extreme Chuck haters), I don't get why Dana would even talk about it publicly. I don't think it's anywhere near gonna happen, but if it does it'll be a faster HL reel KO than prob'ly any other UFC CroCop fight (IMO) . Style wise they are so opposite in CC's favor. They both have good matchups w/ certain fighters, I just think Chuck's style says fast CC KO to me. But yeah I think it's weird when any fighter doesn't say anyone anwhere anytime. To me when you fight, that's what you do. IDK.

Post #13   2/20/07 10:38:42PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

Did any of you read this article?!
There are a lot of amazing things coming up in the near future.
What are your thoughts?

Says he was half-asses joking when he had the exchange with Rashad (about Rashad fighting his friend Keith Jardine) - at the end of the day these guys will fight their mother for the right amount of money

Hahahahaha. Thanks for making my day.

Post #14   2/20/07 10:50:10PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

I admire the moxy, don't get me wrong. It's just....... why? I can see why he would want to test himself. I don't want to see it, I don't get why you all would want to see it (except extreme Chuck haters), I don't get why Dana would even talk about it publicly. I don't think it's anywhere near gonna happen, but if it does it'll be a faster HL reel KO than prob'ly any other UFC CroCop fight (IMO) . Style wise they are so opposite in CC's favor. They both have good matchups w/ certain fighters, I just think Chuck's style says fast CC KO to me. But yeah I think it's weird when any fighter doesn't say anyone anwhere anytime. To me when you fight, that's what you do. IDK.

It sounds like you're more scared for chuck than he is for himself. I don't think it's as bad of a match up as you make it out to be. There will probably be 10 lbs or less weight difference and Chuck is considered by most to be a higher ranked P4P fighter than Mirko.

Post #15   2/20/07 11:26:32PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2