Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

richieb19's MMA Hall of Fame (20/02/07)

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Posted by MMA

Anyone on steroids shouldn't be on that list IMO.

I didnt know there were any proven cases on there. It was thought that Ken did them big time back in the day. And Wand has been accused of doing them often. i don't think anyone else there has been accused of doping.

Shamrock has spoken out against steroids in MMA, saying that they hinder you more than they help. He obviously took them in his stint in the WWF, but I'm honestly not sure if he ever took them during his MMA career.

Check the early UFC's the guy was huge. Way Bigger thant noraml. Up until 2000 Ken Shamrock was huge. Check Mezgers fight with Sak. After Ken stops it (yes Ken) you can look at Ken tellin the Ref off and he just see that he is way to massive. He actually looks around 260 there.

Post #46   2/23/07 1:38:08PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Sakuraba vs Mezger

looked for it and found it. Okay maybe not 260 but he looks big. and like a A- Hole.

Post #47   2/23/07 1:40:46PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Posted by MMA

Anyone on steroids shouldn't be on that list IMO.

I didnt know there were any proven cases on there. It was thought that Ken did them big time back in the day. And Wand has been accused of doing them often. i don't think anyone else there has been accused of doping.

Shamrock has spoken out against steroids in MMA, saying that they hinder you more than they help. He obviously took them in his stint in the WWF, but I'm honestly not sure if he ever took them during his MMA career.

Check the early UFC's the guy was huge. Way Bigger thant noraml. Up until 2000 Ken Shamrock was huge. Check Mezgers fight with Sak. After Ken stops it (yes Ken) you can look at Ken tellin the Ref off and he just see that he is way to massive. He actually looks around 260 there.

Thats because Shamrock was still out of MMA at the time. Don't get me wrong, theres certainly no doubt that he juiced as a pro-wrestler, but I'm on the fence as to whether or not he did during his MMA career.

Post #48   2/23/07 4:39:33PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Sakuraba vs Mezger

looked for it and found it. Okay maybe not 260 but he looks big. and like a A- Hole.

A big A-Hole? Don't you realize whats actually going there? Shamrock's far from being an A-Hole in that clip, hes being a responsible coach.

Post #49   2/23/07 4:42:19PM   

Punishment

Learning to Sprawl

Punishment Avatar

Career:102-57
Camp: UFC POOL
Chips:
I see 1 messed up thing on that list... I see Mirko CroCop on there but no Rodrigo Nogueira ? Whats up with that ? Nog has accomplished alot more in MMA then CroCop , Nog was the former Pride HVW Champion for YRS in which he dominated competition (before Fedor came) and hes beeen a Top 3 Fighter @ HVW for the past 4-5 YRS now.... not to mention he holds a victory over Mirko... Bottomline Nog > CC when it comes to MMA (until proven otherwise)

Post #50   2/23/07 5:13:31PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Punishment

I see 1 messed up thing on that list... I see Mirko CroCop on there but no Rodrigo Nogueira ? Whats up with that ? Nog has accomplished alot more in MMA then CroCop , Nog was the former Pride HVW Champion for YRS in which he dominated competition (before Fedor came) and hes beeen a Top 3 Fighter @ HVW for the past 4-5 YRS now.... not to mention he holds a victory over Mirko... Bottomline Nog > CC when it comes to MMA (until proven otherwise)

Like I said earlier, Nog was ony of the many fighters that just barely made my list, and believe me I'm not denying his talent and success, I just personally think CroCop has more big wins in his career, and alot of them where won in spectacular fashion...

Post #51   2/23/07 5:37:24PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
After last night add Hendo. I'm sure you would have put him on when he retired anyway. Won a UFC one-night tournament. Fought anybody at anyweight. First Pride 183 lb . champ, Pride 205 lb. champ, and most impressively the first fighter ever to hold 2 belts in 2 different weight classes at the same time in either the UFC or Pride

Last edited 2/25/07 5:58AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #52   2/25/07 5:57:43AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Sakuraba vs Mezger

A big A-Hole? Don't you realize whats actually going there? Shamrock's far from being an A-Hole in that clip, hes being a responsible coach.

How is that responsible? The fight was a draw so it was going into a overtime round. Mezger had a chance to finish the fight or win by descision. By making Guy leave he gave him the loss (by forefit). I would also assuem since he lost that match he got a smaller purse.
If that doesnt make you believe Ken in insane i have many more clips to show you.
Shamrock vs Sakuraba
Ken talking smack to Don Frye
Ken Arguing with Tito
Ken vs Tito at a press confrence
There are more out there these are just my personal favourites.

Post #53   2/25/07 10:27:07AM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
The steroid comment was referring to Coleman.

I don't think there is definitive proof that Shamrock was on it.

Post #54   2/25/07 11:23:44AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Sakuraba vs Mezger

How is that responsible? The fight was a draw so it was going into a overtime round. Mezger had a chance to finish the fight or win by descision. By making Guy leave he gave him the loss (by forefit). I would also assuem since he lost that match he got a smaller purse.
If that doesnt make you believe Ken in insane i have many more clips to show you.
Shamrock vs Sakuraba
Ken talking smack to Don Frye
Ken Arguing with Tito
Ken vs Tito at a press confrence
There are more out there these are just my personal favourites.

The point you seem to be missing is that the contract for the Mezger/Saku fight did not call for any additional rounds, seeing as Mezger was ill at the time. After the fight went to a draw, the officials somehow decided that an additional round was to happen anyways, most likely to give Saku a chance at the win. So Shamrock, as a responsible coach and someone who wouldnt bow to Pride's on the spot rule change stopped the fight. I personally would have loved to see Mezger and Saku keep going, but I don't blame Ken one bit for standing up for his teammate like that.

As far as those other clips go, how on earth does that make him crazy? Tito always pushed his buttons to make him angry, he had a serious feud with Frye regarding personal comments made to his family, and the stoppage on the Saku fight was one of the worst I've ever seen and just furhter proof that the Japanese have a strong bias towards popular/succesful Japanese fighters (and don't get me wrong, I myself am a Saku fan).

Post #55   2/25/07 6:47:50PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4