Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

richieb19's MMA Hall of Fame (20/02/07)

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Tried to give you props but it wouldn't let me. It's a little Panrase-heavy for my taste but well done. Thanks for taking the time.

I think HOF lists should exclude GSP and others that still have a long career ahead of them. Time will tell if they last (see: Frank Mir)

Did you consider Big Nog?

I heavily concidered Big Nog, and to be honest it was a hard decision, he will make it in the future...

I'm surprized no one mentioned TK being in there...

Wont let you gimme props?

Post #16   2/21/07 2:40:16AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
Also, I'd have given you props had you mentioned ANY of the old school Shooters, as opposed to the useless Pancrase fighters who worked fights.

PARAESTRA SAIKOU!

Post #17   2/21/07 3:58:45AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

No, apparently you have to spread the love some, you can't give it to the same posters without giving props to others. Not sure what the exact formula is, but I've been denied a couple times.

Post #18   2/21/07 5:12:08AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by richieb19

No, apparently you have to spread the love some, you can't give it to the same posters without giving props to others. Not sure what the exact formula is, but I've been denied a couple times.

So you can only give props to someone once?? That kinda makes sense but not a whole lot. I guess it stops people from making dual accounts and then using one give themself props. But in reality These Props mean nothing. Its like a hockey card. Its cool to have in all but it is just a piece of cardboard.

Post #19   2/21/07 9:47:30AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
You can give props more than once, but you got to spread the love and can't repeatedly give it to the same poster over and over. I PM'd a mod so see if he knows more details

Post #20   2/21/07 11:03:55AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

You can give props more than once, but you got to spread the love and can't repeatedly give it to the same poster over and over. I PM'd a mod so see if he knows more details

Thats what i mean not to the same poster.

Post #21   2/21/07 12:17:33PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
props to you all for having a conversation about giving eachother props

Post #22   2/21/07 12:31:27PM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Cool list dude, i agree with everyone on that list

Post #23   2/21/07 3:02:20PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Also, I'd have given you props had you mentioned ANY of the old school Shooters, as opposed to the useless Pancrase fighters who worked fights.

PARAESTRA SAIKOU!

Thats a little harsh, and claiming that old Pancrase fighters performed worked shoots in Pancrase is very misinformed.

Post #24   2/21/07 3:08:18PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

PARAESTRA SAIKOU!

Thats a little harsh, and claiming that old Pancrase fighters performed worked shoots in Pancrase is very misinformed.

Ken Shamrock and Masakatsu Funaki disagree.

Post #25   2/21/07 6:29:33PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

PARAESTRA SAIKOU!

Really, and what proof of that do you have? Aside from popular claims that people make, there has never been one recorded work that I've ever heard about in Pancrase. I agree that there most likely has been worked shoots in the Pancrase org, but they have also been claimed in both the UFC and Pride. So please either come up with some useful information to back up your claim, or just keep your imaginary facts to yourself...

Post #26   2/21/07 6:37:00PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

PARAESTRA SAIKOU!

Really, and what proof of that do you have? Aside from popular claims that people make, there has never been one recorded work that I've ever heard about in Pancrase. I agree that there most likely has been worked shoots in the Pancrase org, but they have also been claimed in both the UFC and Pride. So please either come up with some useful information to back up your claim, or just keep your imaginary facts to yourself...

Rickson is 400-0, Takada legitimately beat Coleman, Otsuka, and Sturgeon; Kimo submitted Sakuraba, and Dan Severen is one of the most legitimate fighters in all of MMA..

Oh, and Shamrock-Hume continues to a shining example of what Pancrase is all about.

Post #27   2/21/07 7:01:55PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I love that list, but I think you should add Pat Militech as a coach in the HOF. He has had plenty of champions in his camp

Post #28   2/21/07 7:07:59PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

PARAESTRA SAIKOU!

Rickson is 400-0, Takada legitimately beat Coleman, Otsuka, and Sturgeon; Kimo submitted Sakuraba, and Dan Severen is one of the most legitimate fighters in all of MMA..

Oh, and Shamrock-Hume continues to a shining example of what Pancrase is all about.

Coleman hinted to letting Takada beat him so it's no big surprize there. I don't even think Sakuraba / Kimo was ever even billed as an MMA match to start with, and how does Rickson's inflated record relate to a worked bout?

Last I remember Shamrock / Hume was called an exhibition match due to Hume having been injured before the fight. Either way, the only reason that fight has ever been concidered a work is because of Shamrock's finish on Hume, which IMO isn't much of a reason at all seeing as Ken hugely outweighed and outpowered Hume, and had an American Pro-Wrestling background long before joining Pancrase.

Last edited 2/21/07 7:13PM server time by richieb19
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #29   2/21/07 7:09:49PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

PARAESTRA SAIKOU!

Coleman hinted to letting Takada beat him so it's no big surprize there. I don't even think Sakuraba / Kimo was ever even billed as an MMA match to start with, and how does Rickson's inflated record relate to a worked bout?

Last I remember Shamrock / Hume was called an exhibition match due to Hume having been injured before the fight. Either way, the only reason that fight has ever been concidered a work is because of Shamrock's finish on Hume, which IMO isn't much of a reason at all seeing as Ken hugely outweighed and outpowered Hume, and had an American Pro-Wrestling background long before joining Pancrase.

Pancrase has stated they had worked matches, I REALLY hope you realize that.

Post #30   2/21/07 7:14:35PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4