Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

who wins Chuck or Rashad

Print  
Whow will win Chuck or Rashad
Chuck ko 71 74%
Rashad ko 5 5%
chuck decision 5 5%
rashad decision 12 13%
Chuck Submission 1 1%
Rashad submission 2 2%
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by JBatch

Posted by Pookie

Posted by ncordless

Rashad is the kind of fighter that Chuck has always done well against.

More like made his entire legacy against.

Really he has Chuck has pounded out a great career because he can beat wrestlers. The UFC caters to wrestlers and Chuck has a gameplan that takes them out of thier element. Thats one of the reasons he's been one of my favourite fighters, he takes boring fighters makes them trade and them KO's em.

As for this fight I am going way out on a limb here and saying Chuck by KO early in the second from a eyepokeless flurry.

Why do people continue to say wrestlers are boring fighters?

I was a former wrestler myself and when I watch UFC there are two components I personally enjoy watching.
I love the striking aspect of the game, strike and counter-strike.
and I love the jiu jitsu aspect when there is serious skill i setting up and applying a submission.

Wrestling as it stands is a Randy Couture match. He holds you against the fence for 30 secs to 2 mins and then when your weight is off centre he drags you t the ground and then throws about 10 punches over the next 2-3 mins of the round.

I mean Kos, Rashad, Lindland, Coleman and a whole list of other wrestlers do this as well. The best part about wrestlers is they are incredibly strong most of the time and when the fight starts to wear on they often get more opprotunities to strike their tired downed opponent. So if you don't mind watching a boring 7 and half minutes of a fight and then get a Lambert vs Evans finish then wrestlers are not boring but IMO I could do without em.

Post #31   3/17/08 12:27:26PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
chuck will give evans his first loss

Post #32   3/17/08 12:40:55PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
chuck by ko or a boring decision

Post #33   3/17/08 7:16:59PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Why do people continue to say wrestlers are boring fighters?

most are boring, look at the fighter people are always complaining about for boredom tactics, sherk, rashad, tito, etc. its not apealing to most MMA fans knowledgeable or not, i for one like all the styles and think that if one style cant be neutralized its not the wrestlers fault its the fighter who can defend against it, i think the main reason people dont like it is because its a defensive way to win, what with the LnP tactics you can get away with in the UFC like short elbows and position changes like what sherk does, if sherk actually tried to finish fights he would have fans, he certainly have the body to sub and tko people but decides to just change position and hold you down, this wont work against an elite fighter like BJ Penn or Matt Hughes or GSP, or any other top 5 in any division. for me i like the standup wars i come from a muay thai background so its my favorite but personally i say try to defend against the ultimate defenders......wrestlers.....plenty of wrestlers meet there makers and nobody is perfect in MMA except Fedor and anybody else whos undefeated, but if you look at those perfect record fighters they are all around fighters not just wrestlers.

can you really blame someone for not liking to see someone manhumping someone for 5 rounds without even trying to finish once? girls MMA however i dont care its just stimulating in the pants to watch the hot ones fight

Post #34   3/17/08 7:38:40PM   

mvp247

Learning to Sprawl

Career:377-262
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
chuck will knock this fool out without breaking a sweat.

Post #35   3/19/08 9:19:44PM   

skatenate

MMA Regular

skatenate Avatar

Career:217-119
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Chuck will be eager to win thi, and rashad wont be able to handle him, chuck 2nd round ko

Post #36   3/19/08 9:58:47PM   

hodge

Standup Guy

hodge Avatar

Career:442-256
Chips:
Im hoping for a Liddell 3rd rnd KO in the last 10 seconds so i get my moneys worth. Serious whats up with the undercard it sucks

Post #37   3/25/08 9:45:07AM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
If Chuck doesn't KO Rashad, then I see Rashad is going to win a decision.

Post #38   3/25/08 3:21:32PM   

number0

Learning to Sprawl

number0 Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I actually like both fighters.Rashaad did really well against tito and bisping.I think he'll at least give chuck a run for his money but in the end hes gonna get caught slippin and get knocked out!!

Post #39   3/27/08 2:36:43PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by number0
.Rashaad did really well against tito and bisping.

if by good you mean getting a lucky draw and BS decision....

Post #40   3/27/08 11:22:13PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,539-952
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
i'm proud there's subculture of jokers on this site who honestly think "sugar" will knock out chuck. hilarious

Post #41   3/28/08 1:44:15AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
Chuck is going to hurt him early and often and he's gonna hrut rashad bad enough at one point and pound him out.

I agree that some wrestlers are boring there is GnP and then there is LnP if a guy tries to make transitions hurt the guy, submit em, and just flat out try to finish him then hes an exciting wrestler, if you just wanna throw for 30 seconds and then hold em for 4 1/2 your dull, and i hate guys that just clinch n shoot for the take down at the end of the round to score points w/ the judges like rashad, as well i think the ground game is so difficult to judge and thats where the majority of split decisions come from

some judges look for submissions and often times if a guy is on the bottom for 4 minutes and ends up on top for the last minute of the round, he gets the 10 pts

Post #42   3/28/08 1:48:56AM   

WhiteWidow

Banned

Career:86-49
Chips:
Hoping Rashad head kicks him cold

but if chuck wins id love to see him gets schooled by page again then go to HW where he belongs

Last edited 3/28/08 4:54AM server time by whitewidow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #43   3/28/08 4:53:56AM   

ICSlegend

MMA Regular

ICSlegend Avatar

Career:56-40
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe

i'm proud there's subculture of jokers on this site who honestly think "sugar" will knock out chuck. hilarious

Yeah, it was real hilarious when a subculture of jokers thought Serra was gonna beat GSP. Just hilarious!

Rashad is young. Chuck is old.
Rashad is constantly improving his mma game. Chuck has been stagnant forever and is now losing speed/power/cardio.

Chuck always talks about knocking out his opponent, but when was the last time he did it? He's lucky most of his wrestler opponents have a horrible gameplans.

Rashad isn't sitting around doing nothing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he Salmon kicked Liddell's head off. Liddell doesn't even keep his hands up. Or Rashad will just ride out a decision if he doesn't want to take risks and we got a Jardine-Liddell repeat.

The real jokers are the ones who give 100% predictions, I mean come on, nothing is 100% in mma or in any sport. That's why they actually compete.

Post #44   3/28/08 12:09:49PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I hope Evans win. The potential for a Chuck vs. Rampage III is just a terrible thought.

Post #45   3/28/08 12:52:10PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4