Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Serra: Keep doubtin’ me. We’ll see what happens. I wasn’t the one tappin’ last time (Video)

Print  
  Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Ill take an avatar bet on this fight on the grounds that if i lose i wear whatever you choose for a month.

BUT if Serra wins you have to have a picture of him forever.

You can make mine as embarrassing as possible, and you just have to have Serra.

Any takers?

Last edited 3/15/08 6:32AM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #46   3/15/08 6:31:41AM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Ill take an avatar bet on this fight on the grounds that if i lose i wear whatever you choose for a month.

Any takers?

thats sort of a bad deal, are you trying to goat a GSP fan into a bet because they have so much faith in GSP?

Post #47   3/15/08 6:50:48AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by Pookie

Any takers?

thats sort of a bad deal, are you trying to goat a GSP fan into a bet because they have so much faith in GSP?

Absolutely.

Cmon guys... you KNOW gsp is going to win right? ... right?

Post #48   3/15/08 6:54:31AM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
LOL your guarenteed to get a taker just keep at that

Post #49   3/15/08 6:56:14AM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I wish serra coulda fought someone in between winning the belt from and defending it to the same guy, rather stupid, injuries considered but...
I mean St Pierre has one twice since then and it's safe to say St Pierre has improved and we assume Serra has improved, we can only assume but it would been nice to have seen him defend it at least once.
ST PIERRE 1ST RD KO

Post #50   3/15/08 8:58:17AM   

ryno18

Learning to Sprawl

ryno18 Avatar

Career:58-24
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Any takers?

well sense u think serra's gonna win why dont u even the bet and takes gsp forever if he wins? If so we might make that bet!!

Post #51   3/15/08 4:27:08PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
"I'm not the one to say uncle, I'm not the one to get beat down when i wasn't supposed to..."

I know it's not the worst thing to say but that is cocky. Absolutely Serra should believe he is going to win, if a fighter doesn't think he is going to win he shouldn't get into the octagon but things like "say uncle" is just wrong, we all know serra is cocky
Ya i'm a GSP fan and if you go back to that fight GSP was schooling serra on the standup and then serra caught em n gsp never recovered. Fair and square, serra won but the reason iuts called lucky is cause gsp had never been knocked out in his life, meanwhile serra had never knokced out anyone in his mma career...not to mention he has never finsihed any one off since entering the ufc
serra will lose and i think gsp will stand up with him just to prove he is back

Post #52   3/15/08 11:11:34PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:

Posted by GSPCanada

"I'm not the one to say uncle, I'm not the one to get beat down when i wasn't supposed to..."

I know it's not the worst thing to say but that is cocky. Absolutely Serra should believe he is going to win, if a fighter doesn't think he is going to win he shouldn't get into the octagon but things like "say uncle" is just wrong, we all know serra is cocky
Ya i'm a GSP fan and if you go back to that fight GSP was schooling serra on the standup and then serra caught em n gsp never recovered. Fair and square, serra won but the reason iuts called lucky is cause gsp had never been knocked out in his life, meanwhile serra had never knokced out anyone in his mma career...not to mention he has never finsihed any one off since entering the ufc
serra will lose and i think gsp will stand up with him just to prove he is back

umm it was 90 seconds into the fight when Serra beat down GSP, there was no schooling it was a feeling out period... you sie need to open your eyes

Post #53   3/16/08 12:45:47AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
it was a while ago so i won't expect you to remember the details, schooling is a strong word but st.pierre was was winnin that fight til serra hit em w/ about 2 minutes left, st.pierre hit serra w/ about 4 straight jabs and connected on 1 of his head kicks, noone lets a kick get to their jaw to feel the other guy out

Post #54   3/16/08 1:47:09AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by GSPCanada

it was a while ago so i won't expect you to remember the details, schooling is a strong word but st.pierre was was winnin that fight til serra hit em w/ about 2 minutes left, st.pierre hit serra w/ about 4 straight jabs and connected on 1 of his head kicks, noone lets a kick get to their jaw to feel the other guy out

It's obviously been a while for you. Serra controlled and dominated the whole fight. That's why it isn't a "lucky punch" it was a schooling but not the way you're trying to selectively remember.

Post #55   3/16/08 12:28:04PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by ryno18

Posted by Pookie

Any takers?

well sense u think serra's gonna win why dont u even the bet and takes gsp forever if he wins? If so we might make that bet!!

it's called wager odds. you don't get the same amount of money betting on a favorite as you do if you bet on an underdog. os by that logic since he is taking the "underdog" in this situation your punishment should be worse should he win.

Post #56   3/16/08 12:53:32PM   

ryno18

Learning to Sprawl

ryno18 Avatar

Career:58-24
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by ryno18

Posted by Pookie

Any takers?

it's called wager odds. you don't get the same amount of money betting on a favorite as you do if you bet on an underdog. os by that logic since he is taking the "underdog" in this situation your punishment should be worse should he win.

lol I could understand maybe even 3 months for if u bet for gsp to win and lose but lifetime is a lil over the top dont u think..thats like u betting money on this fight and if u lose u never get to play again here where as if he lose's he can play in 1 month???

Post #57   3/16/08 4:44:53PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by GSPCanada

It's obviously been a while for you. Serra controlled and dominated the whole fight. That's why it isn't a "lucky punch" it was a schooling but not the way you're trying to selectively remember.

It was a lucky punch, Serra hit GSP once and he never recoverd from it, then GSP slipped and so that leas to GSP being KO'd

Post #58   3/16/08 4:50:06PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by GSPCanada

It was a lucky punch, Serra hit GSP once and he never recoverd from it, then GSP slipped and so that leas to GSP being KO'd

Im calling SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!

What a load of bs, serra schooled him in that fight Thoroughly.

That was a lucky punch like Nogs victory over sylvia was a lucky sub.

Post #59   3/16/08 5:04:45PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:
Pookie: Who do you think will win then......GSP or Serra?

Post #60   3/16/08 5:07:20PM   

Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6