Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Serra: Keep doubtin’ me. We’ll see what happens. I wasn’t the one tappin’ last time (Video)

Print  
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
I dont think he said anything wrong absolutly nothing wrong with it, i seriously thought this video was going to be a bunch of hype smack talking but now that i watch it it just makes it that much more exciting because both men are determined to win, i hope neither of them are mad and ruin there concentration (GSP seems angry or hungry...we'll see) even though im going to pick GSP Serra seems to be the cool and calm one which can very well help alot in his case and with his style, i truly think that the first fight would have gone to a decision in GSP's favor but Serra caught a punch on the back of the head it wasnt an illigal punch it just happened to land there. Come on if you think Serra was talking smack you must not like him because i dont think he would have said anything that the GSP die hard fans wouldnt have liked, whats wrong with mentioning how upset he is about getting no respect and all the love going to GSP. Serra is still the champ, he was stripped of the title yeah but still the champ... will he be after UFC 83? who knows, i wouldnt hold my breath but it would be less of an upset to tell you the truth because even i gave him a small shot to win the first time (by submission) and it was still shocking to see him win in such a dominating way but this time around i think a different GSP is going to show up and to be frank GSP vs Serra 3 will happen sometime in the future. Alot of people are counting out Serra again i wonder if thats because they actually think hes better or because GSP might actually be overrated, i dont think so i think people are counting out Serra because this is in canada and it was easily one of the biggest upsets in MMA not just the UFC. styles make fights and were going to find out if GSP is going to take this down or try and stand with Serra again, we didnt get to see how GSP could really do in the standup so it will be interesting to see how GSP approaches this and exactly how bad he wants to win.

P.S. i know this is asking too much cus of the b/s countrymen mentality all over the world especially america but i hope they show Serra respect and not boo him and if Serra shocks the world again i dont think anyone will boo him anymore, i want to punch anyone who boo's at UFC events, travesty

My final predicition is GSP taking it late in the fight but GnP or unanimous decision or Serra could catch a sub or the decision but i dont think Serra will KO him again, i have the spread at GSP-76 Serra-24

Post #31   3/14/08 7:33:55PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

Posted by silverbullet

Serra shit on everybody's fantasy scores, that's why he gets so much flame on this board. You don't just shit on my fantasy scores like that! We take fantasy seriously around here. If you come in as a 7 to 1 underdog, do everybody a goddamn favor, and lose!

nobody cares about your stupid scores

Genius....I'm pretty sure it was a joke......maybe even sarcasm...look it up.

Post #32   3/14/08 7:49:55PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,071-1,071
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by BMF
How is this going to far....and I said that he has really beat anyone not decisioned, Penn & Kos were both decisions, although GSP looked like hamburger after the Penn fight, Sherk was fighting out of his division and Karo hasn't beat anybody notable in long time. Good analogy...cancer to GSP beating anyone world class . And btw I never said GSP was submitted, however he was tapping like a little bitch.

sorry i misread your post skipped over the decision part. and i don't remember GSP tapping to strikes, they ruled it as a KO officially so i am a little confused on that one. and yes...cancer to GSP is a great analogy

but he does have the best resume of late in the WW division right now, and that is as close to fact as an opinion can be. Hughes got beat by him, Serra hadn't had a high profile in a while before his fight with GSP, Karo as you said hasn't beaten anyone too skilled in a while even though people rank him high which is why i used him, Fitch's best win is against Diego and all his others are not in the top 10 plus he has a lot of decisions which would go against your argument against GSP, Kos just lost to GSP, and Diego has 2 losses in his last 3 fights. so imo, GSP has the best resume by far and has to be the most talented WW right now, especially after that dominating performance of Hughes.

EDIT: just re-watched the Serra-GSP fight and Big John stepped in and declared it a KO. it is officially ruled as a KO although at the very ed GSP rolled over on his side and may very well have been tapping. however, big john stopped the fight before GSP did the action that appeared to be tapping so that is why i figured it was a KO.

I don't like your edit note, i thought i had deleted all copys of that fight

Post #33   3/14/08 7:59:28PM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
Serra really seems confident but I just don't think he can shock the world again...GSP 2 submission

Post #34   3/14/08 8:05:45PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:

Posted by backalley101

Bla, bla, bla! Serra could talk all the shit he wants. I'm not gonna say he was lucky, but hey, he won't do that again. Matt Serra hardly could beat the guys on TUFF. Now all of a sudden he's on the same level as GSP?! Who has Serra really beat? Look at his record and look at GSP's record and see who he's beaten. Serra would have never even got a title shot, if not for the show. Do you people really think he could've moved up in the ranks to even face GSP? I don't think so!

why does everyone one of the posts regarding a fighter you dislike always have "who has he beat" in it... You want to know who Serra beat he beat GSP and took his title thats who he beat and thats all that matters right now... The past is the past... Serra beat the snot out of GSP in their first fight and won in VERY impressive fashion but yet people like you always say it was luck.. was it luck ranger btat the hell out of Sylvia, was it luck that Silva tooled Hendo... No they came to the fight prepared and won their fight... Nothing else matters excpet their next fight... GSP lost their first time around and he got his ass completely kicked... Yet no-one thinks Serra should of won even though he beat GSP down...

GET OVER IT Serra won he was the better fighter that night by far... He can do it again, and i hope he does just so arrogant "know it all" people on this fourm will STFU and stop talking down to the current champ of the biggest MMA promotion in the world

And no this is not a Serra nut huggin post, its a realist outlook on their abilitys against one another... GSP has far better wrstling, but Serra showed he can out strike GSP and his jits is on a totaly differnt level

Last edited 3/14/08 8:37PM server time by tein_lung
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   3/14/08 8:36:49PM   

jrmmaclassics

MMA Regular

jrmmaclassics Avatar

Career:37-18
Chips:
I think that all the presure is on GSP and Matt has a good chance of repeating himself if GSP takes him lightly. He beat GSP and did it in a dominating fasion, was no fluke or luckt shot. He landed punch after punch and did not let up until the ref stopped the fight. I think that GSP has a new weapon in his wrestling game and can gnp sera out, taking the power out of his strikes.

Post #36   3/14/08 8:51:02PM   

ryno18

Learning to Sprawl

ryno18 Avatar

Career:58-24
Chips:

Posted by BMF

Posted by BMF

I guess I didn't see in that interview where Serra was shit talking or acting cocky more like confident. At the end of the day GSP got worked and tapped out by the better fighter that night, you can't take that away from Serra. Is GSP the future of the division...perhaps, but he still has to beat Serra in a dominating manner. As for "World Class" the only person he has really beat, not decisioned is Matt Hughes.

ok i am a Serra fan but that is going way too far. you have to recognize what GSP has accomplished. to say he hasn't beaten anyone world class is like telling yourself that cancer doesn't kill people. From the top 10, GSP has defeated Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Sean Sher, Kos (people rank him high), Trigg (was probably #2 at the time) and Karo. GSP is a great mixed martial artist and imo is the best fighter in the division. i believe he will in fact defeat Serra and run the division for a while. and btw Serra KOed GSP he didn't submit him.

How is this going to far....and I said that he has really beat anyone not decisioned, Penn & Kos were both decisions, although GSP looked like hamburger after the Penn fight, Sherk was fighting out of his division and Karo hasn't beat anybody notable in long time. Good analogy...cancer to GSP beating anyone world class . And btw I never said GSP was submitted, however he was tapping like a little bitch. [/QUOT

tapping like a little bitch??? lol who are u to call someone a bitch...what organization do u fight with?

Post #37   3/14/08 8:53:14PM   

ryno18

Learning to Sprawl

ryno18 Avatar

Career:58-24
Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by backalley101

Bla, bla, bla! Serra could talk all the shit he wants. I'm not gonna say he was lucky, but hey, he won't do that again. Matt Serra hardly could beat the guys on TUFF. Now all of a sudden he's on the same level as GSP?! Who has Serra really beat? Look at his record and look at GSP's record and see who he's beaten. Serra would have never even got a title shot, if not for the show. Do you people really think he could've moved up in the ranks to even face GSP? I don't think so!

why does everyone one of the posts regarding a fighter you dislike always have "who has he beat" in it... You want to know who Serra beat he beat GSP and took his title thats who he beat and thats all that matters right now... The past is the past... Serra beat the snot out of GSP in their first fight and won in VERY impressive fashion but yet people like you always say it was luck.. was it luck ranger btat the hell out of Sylvia, was it luck that Silva tooled Hendo... No they came to the fight prepared and won their fight... Nothing else matters excpet their next fight... GSP lost their first time around and he got his ass completely kicked... Yet no-one thinks Serra should of won even though he beat GSP down...

GET OVER IT Serra won he was the better fighter that night by far... He can do it again, and i hope he does just so arrogant "know it all" people on this fourm will STFU and stop talking down to the current champ of the biggest MMA promotion in the world

And no this is not a Serra nut huggin post, its a realist outlook on their abilitys against one another... GSP has far better wrstling, but Serra showed he can out strike GSP and his jits is on a totaly differnt level

lets do a avatar bet on this one...u take serra i got gsp.. serra's ass is already whooped IMO... gsp is world class serra is a COMEBACK?? LOL..like he said himself he wasnt 100% in the last fight.

Post #38   3/14/08 8:59:09PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:
Serra is close to retirement at 35 years old........GSP is only 26 and getting better everyday.

GSP is gonna make all the Serra-dreamers wake up from their year long dream!

Serra's time as Champ is about to expire.

I have tried to make an Avatar bet with about 10 different Serra fans yet not ONE has been willing to put their Avatar where their mouth is.....I wonder why???

I'll tell you why cause Tien-Jimimak-Nate and all the others know deep down inside that Serra is gonna lose thats why!

Anyone want an Avatar like Pookies for 6 months??

Post #39   3/14/08 11:24:05PM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,955-1,389
Chips:

Posted by ryno18

Posted by BMF

Posted by BMF

I guess I didn't see in that interview where Serra was shit talking or acting cocky more like confident. At the end of the day GSP got worked and tapped out by the better fighter that night, you can't take that away from Serra. Is GSP the future of the division...perhaps, but he still has to beat Serra in a dominating manner. As for "World Class" the only person he has really beat, not decisioned is Matt Hughes.

ok i am a Serra fan but that is going way too far. you have to recognize what GSP has accomplished. to say he hasn't beaten anyone world class is like telling yourself that cancer doesn't kill people. From the top 10, GSP has defeated Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Sean Sher, Kos (people rank him high), Trigg (was probably #2 at the time) and Karo. GSP is a great mixed martial artist and imo is the best fighter in the division. i believe he will in fact defeat Serra and run the division for a while. and btw Serra KOed GSP he didn't submit him.

How is this going to far....and I said that he has really beat anyone not decisioned, Penn & Kos were both decisions, although GSP looked like hamburger after the Penn fight, Sherk was fighting out of his division and Karo hasn't beat anybody notable in long time. Good analogy...cancer to GSP beating anyone world class . And btw I never said GSP was submitted, however he was tapping like a little bitch. [/QUOT

tapping like a little bitch??? lol who are u to call someone a bitch...what organization do u fight with?

It takes more of a man to either get knocked out or submitted then to tap, hence the bitch reference. As for orgainization I fight with, its called life, I don't need a cage or a ring to know who I am and what I am about to prove myself. The simple fact is I know what I can do in a fight. You should know your audience before jumping to conclusions.

Post #40   3/15/08 12:00:24AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
serra spends every oppertunity he gets to bash someone. He has showd the whole world how big of a jerk he is. And to call Georges frenchie is unacceptable,what if rush would have made a slur towards serras nationality

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #41   3/15/08 1:20:18AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

Serra is close to retirement at 35 years old........GSP is only 26 and getting better everyday.

GSP is gonna make all the Serra-dreamers wake up from their year long dream!

Serra's time as Champ is about to expire.

I have tried to make an Avatar bet with about 10 different Serra fans yet not ONE has been willing to put their Avatar where their mouth is.....I wonder why???

I'll tell you why cause Tien-Jimimak-Nate and all the others know deep down inside that Serra is gonna lose thats why!

Anyone want an Avatar like Pookies for 6 months??

All I can say is the closer this gets the less of a chance I see Georges having... but my bets were already taken long before you tried to get one. Here and on the WarWagon homesite I have good guys (not just lame nuthuggers) to make bets with. Your boy has little chance and I wish you were first in line.

Post #42   3/15/08 2:45:02AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by chubbud22

serra spends every oppertunity he gets to bash someone. He has showd the whole world how big of a jerk he is. And to call Georges frenchie is unacceptable,what if rush would have made a slur towards serras nationality

frenchie is now considered a derogatory term?!?! Course I've been warned on here about calling him a funny little frenchmen?!?! the PC police are way too strict.

Post #43   3/15/08 2:46:54AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,958-1,117
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BMF

Posted by ryno18

Posted by BMF

Posted by BMF

It takes more of a man to either get knocked out or submitted then to tap, hence the bitch reference. As for orgainization I fight with, its called life, I don't need a cage or a ring to know who I am and what I am about to prove myself. The simple fact is I know what I can do in a fight. You should know your audience before jumping to conclusions.

Wow, you've been a member since the beginning. I'd go back to not posting before you get yourself banned for fighter bashing.

BTW, what is the difference between getting submitted and tapping? "Life" must have some strange rules if they are two different things.

Post #44   3/15/08 3:03:30AM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,170-1,332
Chips:
I never said it was luck, Tein-Lung, so this right here is for you. Let's make an avatar bet. I never once tryed to take anything away from Matt Serra. The fact is, like i say, if it was not for the show to come back, he would not have moved up in the rankings. So put your bet where your keyboard is.

Last edited 3/15/08 5:50AM server time by backalley101
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #45   3/15/08 5:47:23AM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6