Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Serra: Keep doubtin’ me. We’ll see what happens. I wasn’t the one tappin’ last time (Video)

Print  
  Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by BMF

btw Serra KOed GSP he didn't submit him.

GSP tapped to strikes. he wasn't ko'd

Post #16   3/14/08 5:02:07PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
thats why serra said he wasnt the one tappin last time, just look at the video when he says that and it shows GSP tappin out. sort of like kenflo vs robinson.

But i dont agree saying this is a bad match up for GSP, since being KO'd by serra, GSP has been less willing to trade, and has used his wrestling ability, which is what i think he will use, he wont stand for too long with serra because he is afraid that at any given time serra can catch him, so i say GSP outwrestles serra to a decision, Karo survived with being on top of serra, and so will GSP, i think his sub defence will be good enough not to get subbed, and just control the fight on the ground.

Last edited 3/14/08 5:12PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a
5 total post edits

Post #17   3/14/08 5:04:30PM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,919-1,377
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by BMF

I guess I didn't see in that interview where Serra was shit talking or acting cocky more like confident. At the end of the day GSP got worked and tapped out by the better fighter that night, you can't take that away from Serra. Is GSP the future of the division...perhaps, but he still has to beat Serra in a dominating manner. As for "World Class" the only person he has really beat, not decisioned is Matt Hughes.

ok i am a Serra fan but that is going way too far. you have to recognize what GSP has accomplished. to say he hasn't beaten anyone world class is like telling yourself that cancer doesn't kill people. From the top 10, GSP has defeated Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Sean Sher, Kos (people rank him high), Trigg (was probably #2 at the time) and Karo. GSP is a great mixed martial artist and imo is the best fighter in the division. i believe he will in fact defeat Serra and run the division for a while. and btw Serra KOed GSP he didn't submit him.

How is this going to far....and I said that he has really beat anyone not decisioned, Penn & Kos were both decisions, although GSP looked like hamburger after the Penn fight, Sherk was fighting out of his division and Karo hasn't beat anybody notable in long time. Good analogy...cancer to GSP beating anyone world class . And btw I never said GSP was submitted, however he was tapping

Last edited 3/16/08 9:06PM server time by zephead

Post #18   3/14/08 5:06:27PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:

Posted by GlancyMMA

GSP has finished:

Frank Trigg by RNC
Hughes TWICE by TKO
Sean Sherk by TKO
Pete Spratt by RNC
Jay Hieron by TKO
and all of his decisions have been obvious unanimous decisions (excluding his battle with BJ Penn, which went split)

This world class fighter has more than proven himself.

Matts Serra last 6 fights up to the GSP fight were decisions (two of which were split decisions. and has not finished another fight since early 2002 (excluding the GSP, fight which he did deserve)

but at the same time who has finished Serra... Carter by a weird ass backfist... People seem to forget that Serra proved his stand up can KTFO of GSP, and Serras jits is as good as anyones in the UFC and is the best in the WW div.. GSP is a GnP kinda guy... Serra proved hes not afraid to stand and Serra is more then happy to go the group... Its a bad match up for GSP. The nut huggers and haters out there are too blind to see it to too proud to admit that Serra is just a hard fight for GSP

Last edited 3/14/08 5:11PM server time by tein_lung

Post #19   3/14/08 5:07:54PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,124-1,304
Chips:
Bla, bla, bla! Serra could talk all the shit he wants. I'm not gonna say he was lucky, but hey, he won't do that again. Matt Serra hardly could beat the guys on TUFF. Now all of a sudden he's on the same level as GSP?! Who has Serra really beat? Look at his record and look at GSP's record and see who he's beaten. Serra would have never even got a title shot, if not for the show. Do you people really think he could've moved up in the ranks to even face GSP? I don't think so!

Post #20   3/14/08 5:13:51PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
I don't think he sounded cocky at all. He said "we'll see what happens" basically. He doesn't plan on losing.....I hope he pulls it out again. That'd be dope!

Post #21   3/14/08 5:21:09PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by BMF
How is this going to far....and I said that he has really beat anyone not decisioned, Penn & Kos were both decisions, although GSP looked like hamburger after the Penn fight, Sherk was fighting out of his division and Karo hasn't beat anybody notable in long time. Good analogy...cancer to GSP beating anyone world class . And btw I never said GSP was submitted, however he was tapping like a little bitch.

sorry i misread your post skipped over the decision part. and i don't remember GSP tapping to strikes, they ruled it as a KO officially so i am a little confused on that one. and yes...cancer to GSP is a great analogy

but he does have the best resume of late in the WW division right now, and that is as close to fact as an opinion can be. Hughes got beat by him, Serra hadn't had a high profile in a while before his fight with GSP, Karo as you said hasn't beaten anyone too skilled in a while even though people rank him high which is why i used him, Fitch's best win is against Diego and all his others are not in the top 10 plus he has a lot of decisions which would go against your argument against GSP, Kos just lost to GSP, and Diego has 2 losses in his last 3 fights. so imo, GSP has the best resume by far and has to be the most talented WW right now, especially after that dominating performance of Hughes.

EDIT: just re-watched the Serra-GSP fight and Big John stepped in and declared it a KO. it is officially ruled as a KO although at the very ed GSP rolled over on his side and may very well have been tapping. however, big john stopped the fight before GSP did the action that appeared to be tapping so that is why i figured it was a KO.

Last edited 3/14/08 5:38PM server time by jiujitsufreak74

Post #22   3/14/08 5:34:19PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I can't tell if he tapped or not but GSP certainly had enough.

Last edited 3/14/08 5:42PM server time by silverbullet

Post #23   3/14/08 5:42:07PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
he looked like he tapped to me

Last edited 3/14/08 8:51PM server time by Rush

Post #24   3/14/08 5:50:27PM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
I like Serra. Im glad people on the board like him because i thought he was going to get flamed. And he really wasnt talking trash. If thats considered trash talking, I dont know what you consider Lebens or Guillards prefight talks. Verbal assault?

Last edited 3/14/08 6:08PM server time by xburbx

Post #25   3/14/08 5:55:05PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Serra shit on everybody's fantasy scores, that's why he gets so much flame on this board. You don't just shit on my fantasy scores like that! We take fantasy seriously around here. If you come in as a 7 to 1 underdog, do everybody a goddamn favor, and lose!

Post #26   3/14/08 6:15:01PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Serra shit on everybody's fantasy scores, that's why he gets so much flame on this board. You don't just shit on my fantasy scores like that! We take fantasy seriously around here. If you come in as a 7 to 1 underdog, do everybody a goddamn favor, and lose!

Ha ha! yeah what an A$$hole!!!

Post #27   3/14/08 6:33:17PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
He's right everyone keep doubting the same way you did last time. Serra will strike again and most you still won't give him credit. How do you expect him to react when everyone has basically already given the belt to GSP. I'd be the same way. Go SERRA!!!!!!!

Post #28   3/14/08 6:57:33PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
everyone can say what they want, we all know that gsp is the golden child. but serra busted him up last time and thats a fact. gsp was tapping before the ref could stop it. gsp may be the favorite but serra is merely telling the truth. many poeple just dont like the truth

Post #29   3/14/08 7:16:15PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

nobody cares about your stupid scores

Post #30   3/14/08 7:17:49PM   

Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>