Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Serra: Keep doubtin’ me. We’ll see what happens. I wasn’t the one tappin’ last time (Video)

Print  
  Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Serra talking about his up coming fight with GSP.

Here what he said.

Last edited 3/14/08 4:17PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/14/08 3:52:23PM   

GlancyMMA

MMA Regular

GlancyMMA Avatar

Career:402-238
Chips:
Wow, an excited, exasperated Serra was okay after his win over GSP, who can blame him, but a cocky, shit talking Serra!

This is bad news, i have a lot of respect for Matt Serra, he is a GREAT coach and a pretty decent fighters but now he's bad mouthin' a world class fighter like GSP....

I can't wait to see this beating live in montreal....

Post #2   3/14/08 3:59:17PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Bless him, even though he did beat GSP last time he thinks ha can do it again.

Here what he said.

what do you expect him to say? that GSP will destroy him? why is it that people make fun of the fact that fighters believe they are going to win...it just doesn't make sense to me. would you rather him say that he expects to lose? i would go into a fight with fedor thinking i am going to win. will i? no...but that doesn't matter. of course he thinks he is going to win he is a professional.

sorry to single you out SmileR it is not personal it is just that this happens a lot and it annoys me.

Post #3   3/14/08 4:03:00PM   

StevenSeagal

Banned

Career:182-96
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by SmileR

Here what he said.

what do you expect him to say? that GSP will destroy him? why is it that people make fun of the fact that fighters believe they are going to win...it just doesn't make sense to me. would you rather him say that he expects to lose? i would go into a fight with fedor thinking i am going to win. will i? no...but that doesn't matter. of course he thinks he is going to win he is a professional.

sorry to single you out SmileR it is not personal it is just that this happens a lot and it annoys me.

Cheers

Post #4   3/14/08 4:08:42PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by SmileR

Here what he said.

I get what your saying man, i suppose i should have wrote it less bias but i just can't see it going any other way.

You're right though i'll change it. My bad man.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   3/14/08 4:15:10PM   

disturbed_fighter

MMA Regular

Career:166-106
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
serra will actually dominate this time

Post #6   3/14/08 4:21:00PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,003
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by disturbed_fighter

serra will actually dominate this time

Post #7   3/14/08 4:25:56PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
i will laugh so hard if Serra wins this one

Post #8   3/14/08 4:35:47PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
Whats with the laughter? The last fight was no fluke, Serra straight up whooped his ass...there was not a lucky punch, there were a series of well placed powerful shots. Give Serra credit he knocked the shit out of "the elite GSP" fair and square

Post #9   3/14/08 4:39:42PM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,905-1,364
Chips:
I guess I didn't see in that interview where Serra was shit talking or acting cocky more like confident. At the end of the day GSP got worked and tapped out by the better fighter that night, you can't take that away from Serra. Is GSP the future of the division...perhaps, but he still has to beat Serra in a dominating manner. As for "World Class" the only person he has really beat, not decisioned is Matt Hughes.

Post #10   3/14/08 4:42:09PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
. I wasn’t the one tappin’ last time

. ....My favourite Line from Serra.

Post #11   3/14/08 4:45:19PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by BMF

I guess I didn't see in that interview where Serra was shit talking or acting cocky more like confident. At the end of the day GSP got worked and tapped out by the better fighter that night, you can't take that away from Serra. Is GSP the future of the division...perhaps, but he still has to beat Serra in a dominating manner. As for "World Class" the only person he has really beat, not decisioned is Matt Hughes.

ok i am a Serra fan but that is going way too far. you have to recognize what GSP has accomplished. to say he hasn't beaten anyone world class is like telling yourself that cancer doesn't kill people. From the top 10, GSP has defeated Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Sean Sher, Kos (people rank him high), Trigg (was probably #2 at the time) and Karo. GSP is a great mixed martial artist and imo is the best fighter in the division. i believe he will in fact defeat Serra and run the division for a while. and btw Serra KOed GSP he didn't submit him.

Post #12   3/14/08 4:49:35PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
i just hate the gsp fans. hes as good a fighter as anderson silva... except he was knocked out 3 fights ago.

I hope serra beats him down, i doubt it. but i hope.

Post #13   3/14/08 4:51:33PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Big heads make for big targets. GSP learned that lesson from their first fight. Looks like Serra might fall into the same trap.

Post #14   3/14/08 4:53:00PM   

GlancyMMA

MMA Regular

GlancyMMA Avatar

Career:402-238
Chips:
GSP has finished:

Frank Trigg by RNC
Hughes TWICE by TKO
Sean Sherk by TKO
Pete Spratt by RNC
Jay Hieron by TKO
and all of his decisions have been obvious unanimous decisions (excluding his battle with BJ Penn, which went split)

This world class fighter has more than proven himself.

Matts Serra last 6 fights up to the GSP fight were decisions (two of which were split decisions. and has not finished another fight since early 2002 (excluding the GSP, fight which he did deserve)

Post #15   3/14/08 4:57:49PM   

Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>