Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rashad Evans Readies for Chuck Liddell

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Dave Hiza: What are your thoughts on the fight with Liddell?

Rashad Evans: I think it's is a good matchup for me. Chuck Liddell is a tough customer, but at this point in my career, I'm not going to get away with fighting too many guys that are not tough. I'll take them anyway they line up.

Ken Gonzalez: Well, yeah. Last three fights: Ortiz, Bisping, Liddell. No slouches there.

Rashad Evans: No slouches. I welcome the challenge. Like I said, I enjoy it. This is, after all, a fun career. I want to make it as fun as possible and not put too much pressure on myself to try to go out there and not fight the best people. I want to fight the best people and challenge myself all the time.

Dave Hiza: After you found out Mauricio "Shogun" Rua was out of the fight with Liddell because his knee was messed up, did the UFC call you -- or did you call them?

Rashad Evans: They called me and asked me if I wanted to step up and face him. I was like, "Yeah, sure!" I was very happy to take the fight. Chuck is one of those fights you definitely get up for. I've watched Chuck on TV when I was in college, and it was a fight I definitely wanted to have one day.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/14/08 3:49:43PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Go Rashad !!

Post #2   3/14/08 3:56:05PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
Liddell is no "Bisping" thats for sure....aint happenin Rashad....keep dreamin though man.

Post #3   3/14/08 4:33:21PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
They need to be asking Chuck if he wants to step up and face Rashad.

Post #4   3/14/08 4:33:41PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gsquat

ha ha I really hope you are not serious......

Post #5   3/14/08 4:41:10PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by gsquat

Sorry to smash your hopes....

Post #6   3/14/08 5:03:45PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"a fight I definitely wanted to have one day."
I have never wanted the Iceman to Knock me out!! This guy is an idiot...he had a draw with Tito... and he didn't even look impressive fighting Bisping to a controversial decision either...not to mention he is just the type of fighter that falls into Chuck's game plan....KO 1st round!!!

Post #7   3/14/08 5:12:39PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gsquat

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by gsquat

Sorry to smash your hopes....

Ha ha no man you didn't. Rashad is a punk and other than Bisping, the most overrated fighter in the UFC. I am biased though, I hate the guy so maybe your statement was not that far off base.

Post #8   3/14/08 5:16:41PM   

ryno18

Learning to Sprawl

ryno18 Avatar

Career:58-24
Chips:
ready for this

Post #9   3/14/08 5:17:08PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I just can't see him beating Liddell unless he actually mans up.

I only say that because he wouldn't even stand and trade with Bisping who is not even half the striker Liddell is. He has better technique but Liddell kills that with Power. So if he follows his partners stradegy(Jardine) and mans up and kicks(What Liddell never checks which killed him), then he could definitely pull out a decision.

But ultimately this will be a boring fight IMO Chuck does not have KO power anymore, as Jardine and Wandy stood right in front of him and took his best shots. But maybe I'm wrong on that, who knows. But Rashad is not a slugger, he's just a quick boxer with fast hands and a great jab. So he's not going to exchange even if he does stand up. He'll just be circling and jabbing until Liddell hits him hard and then he'll just keep shooting and failing since not even Tito could take him down and Tito is a better wrestler as he proved in there fight.

Just think it will be a lackluster fight with too much circling and too many failed takedowns. Unless Liddell pressed. But hopefully I'm surprised.

Post #10   3/14/08 5:37:03PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Chips:
I think Chuck has the same power he always has had, which wasn't ever a lot. You can watch his punches and they're not thrown with immense speed or power (like a Rampage or Randleman). They just catch so often because they come from crazy angles that a fighter is not used to protecting against. If Rashad stands with Liddell it'd probably go to decision for Chuck (barring a landed, fight ending haymaker for Evans).

Now I'm obviously biased towards Rashad, but I think Chuck will lose because G. Jackson is behind Evans. He put together a game plan that beat Liddell once, and (while he wont use the same stand and poke game as last time) I'm sure he'll come up with another plan, based on Rashad's style, to top Chuck again. At least he'd better, or I'm sure I'll be sporting some disgusting avatar courtesy emfleek.

Last edited 3/14/08 5:53PM server time by gsquat
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #11   3/14/08 5:52:00PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I just can't see him beating Liddell unless he actually mans up.

I only say that because he wouldn't even stand and trade with Bisping who is not even half the striker Liddell is. He has better technique but Liddell kills that with Power. So if he follows his partners stradegy(Jardine) and mans up and kicks(What Liddell never checks which killed him), then he could definitely pull out a decision.

But ultimately this will be a boring fight IMO Chuck does not have KO power anymore, as Jardine and Wandy stood right in front of him and took his best shots. But maybe I'm wrong on that, who knows. But Rashad is not a slugger, he's just a quick boxer with fast hands and a great jab. So he's not going to exchange even if he does stand up. He'll just be circling and jabbing until Liddell hits him hard and then he'll just keep shooting and failing since not even Tito could take him down and Tito is a better wrestler as he proved in there fight.

Just think it will be a lackluster fight with too much circling and too many failed takedowns. Unless Liddell pressed. But hopefully I'm surprised. [/QUOTE

Natedawg.....I'm holding my breath on this one.....but......I think you almost complimented Liddell....the judges are still out on this one but....holy crap!! Ha ha I really cant believe it you criticized him but in an objective way. I'm impressed maybe you arent out to get him...ha ha just kiddin man.

Post #12   3/14/08 6:37:36PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,124-1,304
Chips:
I have not heard anybody say that Chuck doesn't hit hard. What did you put in your Wheaties this morning?! Chuck has knock-out after knock-out. If Rashad tries to sit there and trade with Chuck, he's getting knocked out! And you can ask Rashad how hard Chuck hits. Bro, if you want make a bet on it, I'm right here, bro. You take Rashad and I'll take Chuck! This is for gsquat.

Last edited 3/15/08 8:47PM server time by backalley101
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   3/15/08 8:45:50PM   

sinister_16

Banned

Career:36-34
Chips:
rashad doesnt stand a chance

Post #14   4/10/08 9:52:36AM