Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Breaking News: Filho in Clinic, Out of WEC Fight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
The only thing thats messed up is the obvious fact that Zuffa were trying to force him to fight despite this!

Hope he gets it sorted soon, would it be wrong to hope him and Silva fall out (maybe over this) so they fight eventually?

Post #16   3/14/08 8:33:13AM   

Throwdown

MMA Regular

Throwdown Avatar

Career:489-275
Chips:
I think normally they would consider at least having an Interim title fight... but it's prob hard to slide someone in to fight Sonnen on less than a weeks notice...

Post #17   3/14/08 9:17:55AM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:
The new trend in pro sports drug testing is that you don't need a positive test in order to be popped for performance enhancers. Circumstancial evidence is enough but I have never heard of a pro athlete going to rehab so we will see. Filho should absolutley be stripped of the belt. I would love if the NSAC went down to Brazil and make him fill a cup.

PS If my boy Nick Diaz gets a win stripped for the ganja, then Filho needs some consequences for whatever he is on.

Post #18   3/14/08 1:35:05PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by telnights

There is a long list of drugs chemical dependency can cover but steroids is not one of them. Plus he has been tested before so that really narrows the list down heavily. My guess would be either pain pills or heroin. But like I said this is just a guess.

Steroids are absolutely addictive and can cause dependency.

telenights said "chemical addiction". There are functional groups on certain drugs that have been clinically shown to be chemically (physically) addictive, mostly if not exclusively of the opioid group.

Addiction also covers psychological addiction, which is associated with steroids (among other drugs)

Post #19   3/14/08 3:04:49PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Steroids are absolutely addictive and can cause dependency.

telenights said "chemical addiction". There are functional groups on certain drugs that have been clinically shown to be chemically (physically) addictive, mostly if not exclusively of the opioid group.

Addiction also covers psychological addiction, which is associated with steroids (among other drugs)

Thank you was just about to post that.

Post #20   3/14/08 7:47:19PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Good, he was about to lose anyway. His head wasn't right last week when this was rumored so I knew from then on he was going to lose if he fought. But now he'll get better and be back at 100% in June in which he will spank this dude and make him look amateur.

Post #21   3/14/08 11:10:28PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
I feel bad for Sonnen

Post #22   3/15/08 12:03:36AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2