Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Michael Bisping doesn’t deserve fight with Anderson Silva … yet

Print  
Posted By Message

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

“It’s flattering to hear some of the fans on Mixed Martial Arts forums think I might be able to beat Anderson Silva…it’s nice to hear comments like that. But right now, if I’m being brutally honest, I don’t think I deserve to be spoken about in those terms. As I’ve said before, I’ve got to establish myself at middleweight. I’m coming off a reasonably successful career at light heavyweight so I suppose that brings some momentum with it but I think middleweight suits me better. I’m performing so much better in the gym. I’m faster, I’m stronger and I feel great. Everyone around me has commented on it – I thought I might have lost a bit of strength moving down but that isn’t the case. My boxing coach tells me I’m hitting a lot harder and my combinations are a lot faster and I’m eager to see what I can do at this weight. I think I can go a long way, but let’s see.”.

Note that this is the same publication that recently attributed comments to “The Count” that “insisted” he could defeat UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva. These latest remarks appear to make much more sense … especially since Bisping is untested at 185 pounds. He makes his middleweight debut against Charles McCarthy at UFC 83: “Serra vs. St. Pierre 2? at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, on April 19.

LINK

Post #1   3/13/08 5:59:05PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Bisping is the man because he doesn't shave his chest like a pussy

WAR BISPING

why not let him fight Silva after Okami?! Silva already steam rolled over everybody else!

Post #2   3/13/08 6:02:57PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i like bispings attitude, i know some people don't like it but i think he's a straight shooter. with that said i think bisping will be a very good middleweight, he needs a few wins before he can be mentioned in the top tier of 185 pounders but i think he will be in the near future.

Post #3   3/13/08 6:15:01PM   

Near07

MMA Regular

Near07 Avatar

Career:1,763-1,287
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Are u guys serious?? Bisping in no where as good a "he" thinks he is. The only reason Dana keeps him around is to keep the europe (England) fans happy. Its so hard to not bring Matt Hammel's name in to it...i guess i just did. What fans think he "could" beat Silva...they must be crazy. At least Bisping realizes that he is not on the same level as silva, and I really don't think he will be. He won't be a top 5, probably top 10 fighter, he needs to fight someone besides the Chainsaw...look who Hammel has to go through (a tough night for him). Dana sets Bisping up with a can.....I wonder if McCarthy pulls the upset if once again bisping will still be a poster boy...lmao why is he on the poster for ufc 83, it doesn't make sence?

Post #4   3/13/08 7:57:37PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
bisping would never get a title shot unless the ufc feeds him a couple cans starting with mccarthy, i am hoping someone will knock him out, i want bisping to fight a top 5 ufc middleweight contender and so how he does

Post #5   3/13/08 9:19:10PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
hey, if bisping insists on being killed... im totally for it

Post #6   3/13/08 9:49:14PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
They should Throw Bisping to Henderson or Franklin after UFC 83 to test him. Then, if by some miracle, he can make it past either of them, THEN throw him at silva. But he needs to face someone like RIch, Hendo, Okami, Marquart...Hell, I'd like to see if he could even beat belcher, Almeida, or Jeremy Horn. But he needs to do better than a Win over Charles McCarthy to even think about a title shot.

PS...Wasn't Charles McCarthy Edgar Bergen's Puppet?

Post #7   3/14/08 12:37:13AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I want Bisbing to fight the winner of Starnes vs. quarry

Post #8   3/14/08 3:35:29AM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I want Bisbing to fight the winner of Starnes vs. quarry

Post #9   3/14/08 4:47:20AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,648-1,156
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
I have it on record when I interviewwed Bisping before UFC 75 that if he dropped to MW he would esaily run through Franklin. I was pretty shocked when he said that, but he was deadly serious, he thinks he could beat pretty much anyone in that division which is why at that time he was seriously considering dropping.

Post #10   3/14/08 7:54:12AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

“It’s flattering to hear some of the fans on Mixed Martial Arts forums think I might be able to beat Anderson Silva

Who the hell said that? and
A. Can i please laugh at them hysterically and
B. I wonder if they are english?

These kinds of comments should make Bisping look better to me but he always spoils it by saying something like "if im being brutally honest", theres nothing brutal about it Mike, its the truth and plain for anybody with a brain and not blinkered by nationalities to see!

And he did say he would have a good chance against Silva in the last article so this is just back peddling But yeah "lets see" Bisping, imo i dont see how ever gets a title shot as he would have to fight guys like Hendo or Franklin who he loses too all day everyday, imo

Post #11   3/14/08 8:50:22AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
The tribunal of the MW division will not allow Bisping a title shot, and should he by the grace of a flying invisible spaghetti monster should happen to get by either Hendo or Franklyn then i say let him get his face rearranged by Silva... i mean what else does Anderson have to do with his free time, box Roy Jones Junior??

Post #12   3/14/08 2:39:09PM