Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC negotiating with Fedor for 1 fight deal

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I think Dana should have Chuck fight Fedor considering that Chuck is a better fighter overall and he beat Randy decisively.

GO CHUCK

Post #16   3/13/08 7:38:58PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
one fight deal is pussy shit, that's something randy would want because he said he would want a new contract if he came back to the ufc, so they both sign 1 fight contract's and their done. Lame, they need to man up.

Post #17   3/13/08 8:55:00PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
if it happens, they will strip randy of the title before.

they won't risk a title for those 2 guys. dana white isn't dumb.

Post #18   3/13/08 9:07:04PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i told you guys so!!!!!!!

i think more important is that the one fight deal would bring randy back, dana hoping to make randy happy fight fedor then hopefully sign randy to a long term deal again, of course the fight would be a non title fight then after randy would have to fight big nog

Post #19   3/13/08 9:16:25PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
In my opinion...one fight deals are to poop on!
It means nothing.
Fedor vs. Randy by itself doesn't prove anything.
Let's see Fedor fight Arlovski, Mir, Sylvia and Werdum.
Let's see Randy fight Arlovski, Mir, Herring, Big Nog and Werdum.
Once they have fought everyone then we can see who the real number one is.
Fedor vs. Randy in a one fight deal is silly in my eyes.
Personally I think Randy left to avoid Big Nog.

Post #20   3/13/08 9:22:18PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
fantastic

Post #21   3/13/08 9:25:02PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Personaly I would be down for a one fight deal between these two.I want to see them fight.I don't care about the politics or any of that.Put Randy in one corner,Fedor in the other,and a cold beer in my hand and I'll be very happy.

Post #22   3/13/08 9:27:48PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Why would he fight Randy?! Bog Nog is the HW champ. Randy is too busy doing shitty movies these days

ouch!

Post #23   3/13/08 10:44:11PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

It means nothing.

i see it that way too but i think randy needs it more cause he couldnt finish a hurt time and nog finished tim plus GG was not all the hype he was ( from the randy and werdum fight u can tell he doesnt like to be in wars) but they both still need to fight the other guys in the division. but im sure it's not a 1 fight contract prb has a clause that the winner has to defend (m sure if randy wins he'll prb retire) which i think will mainly go to fedor since randy is under contract like other said it would strenghten ufc's case. personally i see fedor destoryin randy. AA needs to be resigned to and dana ****** him plus hes comin off 3 wins ( AA v MIr since both r comin off wins so u have a # 1 plus this fight should have happend along time ago) so with AA, mir, Werdum, nog, heath, all comin off wins plus tim, vera, GG & kongo gettin back in the mix. plus where the hell is Josh Barrent and if CC can ever get back to his old self ther r plenty of match-ups that will show the real # 1 randy v fedor does not settle it other than short term and those 2 guy's legacy even thought both have great ones.

Post #24   3/13/08 10:51:53PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

IMO opinion it will not happen, if they sign him to a one fight deal, which fedor will agree to, then Fedor beats Nog or Randy he'll probably sign elsewhere so he can compete in Sambo, ruining Dana's claim that he has the best fighters. There are always strings attached when you are dealing with promoters.

Fedor will lose badly against Randy and Dana will be able to say " see he came and he is not as good as some internet expects anti UFC are screaming non stop " !!

Go Randy rd 2 TKO !!

That really made no sense to me lol, but I would love to make an avtar bet with you, I hate that cat.

I didn't actually understand the post either but I got that randy will win....I actually hope that is true.

Post #25   3/13/08 11:43:37PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

IMO opinion it will not happen, if they sign him to a one fight deal, which fedor will agree to, then Fedor beats Nog or Randy he'll probably sign elsewhere so he can compete in Sambo, ruining Dana's claim that he has the best fighters. There are always strings attached when you are dealing with promoters.

Fedor will lose badly against Randy and Dana will be able to say " see he came and he is not as good as some internet expects anti UFC are screaming non stop " !!

Go Randy rd 2 TKO !!

That really made no sense to me lol, but I would love to make an avtar bet with you, I hate that cat.

I Approve of this Avatar bet. Tuvok make it true.

Post #26   3/13/08 11:47:01PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

I think Dana should have Chuck fight Fedor considering that Chuck is a better fighter overall and he beat Randy decisively.

GO CHUCK

totally disagree....I think randy is better than chuck. the emotional stuff is a factor in my opinion.

Chuck fought randy when randy felt his life was falling apart. The first fight was randy fighting with his head straight. against gonzaga and sylvia randy was fighting with his life back in order.

I think fedor would destroy chuck and I think randy has a good shot at fedor if he fights him before his age actually sets in. (might be to late but that gives me a great excuse if fedor smashes randy:) )

That being said...i love watching chuck fight so if fedor does come to the ufc and and takes out nog again....and chuck wants to move up that'd be just fine with me.

Post #27   3/13/08 11:50:44PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
HELLO HELLO HELLO

this is a one fight deal do to if Fedor wins he just beat the man who made MMA bigger last year with the upset and is somehow unbeatable ? ? ?

well I think Randy was great before this whole I want more money B S

anyway so if Fedor wins the not so avg fan now watched this Russan destroy Captin America so who can afford Fedor if they really wanted to UFC they can fork out really what he wants look what EXC was saying about him about buiding Fedors name in the US this Randy fight would be perfict!!!!

Fedor wins = new deal worth major buck from the UFC

Fedor loses = not new UFC contract hello Japan

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #28   3/14/08 1:55:04AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

It means nothing.

at the time Randy was champ, Arlovski just beat Werdum. Win streak of 1,l Nog just got the decision over Herring who he already beat in Pride and Mir beat a lesser opponent in Hardonk. Randy destroyed both Sylvia who was the reigning champ, and Gonzaga. Both of which were top 3 fighters at the time. Fedor vs Randy would solve it for sure, its because there is NO chance that Nog can beat Randy, we all know that

Last edited 3/14/08 5:28AM server time by RMFG_187
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   3/14/08 5:28:02AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,747-1,230
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
This is a great idea, but Im sure that the clause would be if Fedor beat Randy (If it was to be him who he would fight) then he would have to stay on to defend the belt for at least Big Nog, maybe beyond that.

Post #30   3/14/08 7:58:00AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3