Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

David Loiseau joins Jackson's camp

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,361-1,555
Chips:
another interesting story..

link

i think itll be a good move for loiseau.. jackson's is a great camp, so they can only make good fighters that much better.. i'll be interested to see how he progresses in his next fight..

Post #1   2/20/07 11:10:44AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
This is bad........... For GSP. If Diego needs a training partner for a fight with GSP. The Crow will be his first pick IMO. Daivd fights exaclty like GSP.
Not that anybody at 170 has a chance against GSP.
But i think this will benefit the Crow. He hasnt been the same since he lsot to Franklin. and i think this camp will give him that little extra kick to get back into the swing.

Post #2   2/20/07 11:27:36AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Loiseau has all the skill already,he just needs the heart...and there is no training for that

Post #3   2/20/07 4:43:22PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

This is bad........... For GSP. If Diego needs a training partner for a fight with GSP. The Crow will be his first pick IMO. Daivd fights exaclty like GSP.
But i think this will benefit the Crow. He hasnt been the same since he lsot to Franklin. and i think this camp will give him that little extra kick to get back into the swing.

...What?

Post #4   2/20/07 4:52:20PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

That's a very good point...props to you. GSP and Louisea have not only trained with each other for years, they are best friends...or were best friends haha.

Post #5   2/20/07 5:02:28PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
First off, Loiseau and GSP are not exactly alike. They both have great striking skills and choose to stand but thats it. GSP is a much better wrestler than Loiseau with better submissions and if Loiseau is on the ground, he will pretty much only GnP IMO.

Second, I'm very excited to hear this. I love watching Loiseau and I think help from Jackson's MMA will really improve all aspects of his ground game and mentally put him where he needs to be. It seems like it has been a while since Loiseau has been a major contender at 185 at this should give him the edge he needs to get back into the higher middleweight rankings.

Post #6   2/20/07 6:28:09PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

I think this is the most stacked ufc division and plenty have a chance at GSP.

Post #7   2/20/07 6:46:04PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by xthe_scottx

First off, Loiseau and GSP are not exactly alike. They both have great striking skills and choose to stand but thats it. GSP is a much better wrestler than Loiseau with better submissions and if Loiseau is on the ground, he will pretty much only GnP IMO.

Second, I'm very excited to hear this. I love watching Loiseau and I think help from Jackson's MMA will really improve all aspects of his ground game and mentally put him where he needs to be. It seems like it has been a while since Loiseau has been a major contender at 185 at this should give him the edge he needs to get back into the higher middleweight rankings.

I agree, GSP is afar more well rounded fighter IMO. Loiseau needs to be somewhere where he goes back to being explosive and pushing the pace. I agree he has not been thesame since the Franklin fight, and needs a whole new outlook. The only negative in this scenario for me is he now probably won't fight Marquardt or VIllasenor. Marquardt actually has atitle shot in the UFC soon, so that would limit his ability to go back there. Villasenor is in EliteXC with Loiseau right now. I don't know if either of them have exclusive contracts but the only other 185 lb. guys I have heard of being affiliated with them are F.Shamrock, Renzo, and Ninja. I know he just fought Villasenor , which is kind of unique considering they will be teammates now. Hope he get's better and becomes a contender again somewhere.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/20/07 7:20:01PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,361-1,555
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by madmarck

...What?

i agree.. what?? loiseau fights just like GSP? i strongly disagree sir.. almost every aspect of GSP's game is better than loiseau's.. his standup is great and doesnt rely mainly on muay thai elbows to cut opponents open and win the fight.. and if it goes to the ground.. well, we will just see how the first american black belt under renzo gracie (matt serra, for those of you who didnt know) does against GSP, and then we will decide..

Post #9   2/20/07 7:57:06PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

What you talkin 'bout, Willis?!

On topic, good for Dave. If you can't beat em (as in Joey), then join em.

Post #10   2/20/07 8:25:50PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Great move by Loiseau. More fighters should follow this example. For example Kevin Randleman who should've done it years ago and left that damn Hammer House. What's he doing with all those wrestlers and steroids. He needs the stand-up and the JJ.... but now it's too late....damn!

sry got off topic but great move by David and hopefully we'll see him start out strong from now on instead of just pouring it on in the last round.

Post #11   2/20/07 9:05:28PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
OKay Maybe GSP and the Crow arent exactly alike. I mean The Crow is Black and Rush is White.
What i mean was that their GNP techniguqes are the same (massive use of elbows) and their striking is pretty much the same (unorthodox kicks, Good Jab).

You guys kinda flipped at me for that one.
But hey just cuz one guy is from Montreal and one is from Haiti. Doesnt mean they arent the same. They are both bald right?

Post #12   2/20/07 10:49:27PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

OKay Maybe GSP and the Crow arent exactly alike. I mean The Crow is Black and Rush is White.
What i mean was that their GNP techniguqes are the same (massive use of elbows) and their striking is pretty much the same (unorthodox kicks, Good Jab).

You guys kinda flipped at me for that one.
But hey just cuz one guy is from Montreal and one is from Haiti. Doesnt mean they arent the same. They are both bald right?

That was comedy, both bald

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   2/21/07 12:17:12AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,641-998
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
It’s funny that the similarities between David and GSP are brought up.

I wanted to add the spinning back kick to my own personal arsenal recently. I remembered that GSP and David have both been effective with the spinning back kick. After watching several fights I noticed that GSP will remain planted and David jumps in the air while doing his. They are both effective yet slightly different.

However, they are very similar fighters. GSP is just better.

Post #14   2/21/07 1:39:04AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I personally think that David Loiseau joining Jackson team, is exactly the team he needs to be in to get his "heart" back. Because everyone on that team has massive heart and great killer instinct. The two qualities David has been lacking. I really think Jackson team can really bring that mental game back to Loiseau. When ever you hear an interview with fighters who trains with Jackson, all they talk about is their training in mental confidence, for example, by running in the snow, in the middle of a blizzard. If that doesn't give you some confidence I don't know what will. It work with Rocky in Russia...bad joke...I know.

Post #15   2/21/07 3:27:46AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3