Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

With Lessons Learned, Hermes Franca Wants Back in UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Franca addressed his 12-month suspension for anabolic steroid use, as well as his desire to return to the octagon, while a guest on a special Wednesday episode of The Lights Out Show on the TAGG Radio Network (www.taggradio.com), a partner site of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"This has never happened to me before, you know, with my team or whatever," Franca said. "It was really bad news."

The CSAC's decision to suspend Franca for a year after he admitted his steroid use -- only to reduce Sean Sherk's suspension to six months based on his high-powered attorney's claim of supplement contamination -- left the commission dealing with considerable controversy. The irony of the situation is not lost on Franca.

"I think we make mistakes when we love somebody or we love something," Franca said. "We make mistakes. So I told what I did, and I really don't care about Sean Sherk. Of course, it makes me feel like, 'Oh man, I should be lying.'"

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/13/08 12:32:16AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I'd like to see him in Dreams LWGP.

Post #2   3/13/08 12:38:17AM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
good find i hope he does come back he could get back to #1 contender spot but i dont think he'll fight BJ because of friendship so maybe he'll just be a top 10 LW in the UFC until BJ retires

on a side note i gotta give him much respect for manning up to his mistake and taking responsibility, can you imagine if Hermes won that fight and Sherk had claimed it wasnt his fault like he did after he the testing, nobody would have believed him and nobody would have researched and made excuses for him because he wouldnt have been champ and Hermes would have been renouned for honesty thus Sherk would have even more haters

"if you dont like the way i fight, go on a beer run during my fights" says sherk

yeah any other fight i will, except i cant wait 'til BJ KO's him unconscious

Post #3   3/13/08 12:41:34AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Can't wait to see the honest man back in the Octagon, i don't think he'll make the same mistake again.

Post #4   3/13/08 2:53:18AM   

Jimbo

Standup Guy

Jimbo Avatar

Career:702-408
Camp: The Vuttholios
Chips:
Ive always been a big fan of Hermes and I couldnt f'ing believe it when he got busted for steroids. Anyway I really hope he comes back to the UFC and makes a big impact.

Post #5   3/13/08 4:17:09AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
LMAO even the nicest most honest guy thinks Sherk is a LIAR

Post #6   3/13/08 6:52:12AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I would love to see Hermes Franca back in the UFC. His fights I have see in the UFC have been real good. As for calling out Sherk about steriods. He probably should have just kept his opinion to himself. There was something weird about Sherks postive test with the counts beign so low. So I still have my doubts if it wasn't a suplement he didn't know that had steriods.

Post #7   3/13/08 7:02:04AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
can't wait to see him back in the mix.

Post #8   3/13/08 7:58:23AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
Good fighter, and would be a quality addition to any organisation. Although I'd like to see him back in the UFC, I'd prefer it if he tried his hand in the DREAM LWGP, as others have mentioned. Interested to see how far he would progress as he was a solid top 5 in the UFC before his incident.....

Posted by whardin19
As for calling out Sherk about steriods. He probably should have just kept his opinion to himself. There was something weird about Sherks postive test with the counts beign so low.

Not a Sherk fan at all, but I think that when Franca himself has been charged with and admitted using steroids, he should keep his mouth shut about others, regardless of anything else.

Post #9   3/13/08 11:38:18AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think the fact he admitted what he did was wrong, he should have that second chance to be in the ufc, besides he has had some nasty knockouts up there with yves edwards, and i love watching him fight, i hope he can be reinstated to fight in july card

Post #10   3/13/08 12:22:09PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by Rich78

Good fighter, and would be a quality addition to any organisation. Although I'd like to see him back in the UFC, I'd prefer it if he tried his hand in the DREAM LWGP, as others have mentioned. Interested to see how far he would progress as he was a solid top 5 in the UFC before his incident.....

Posted by whardin19
As for calling out Sherk about steriods. He probably should have just kept his opinion to himself. There was something weird about Sherks postive test with the counts beign so low.

Not a Sherk fan at all, but I think that when Franca himself has been charged with and admitted using steroids, he should keep his mouth shut about others, regardless of anything else.

I mean the goldenrule of nothing nice, say nothing at all always applies, but i mean when you both had positive tests and one of you owns up and the other probably lied repeatedly and fought against the charges... i would say Franca can say whatever he wants about Sherk... other fighters, he should keep him mouth shut... but that bridge will be crossed when we get to it

Post #11   3/13/08 1:05:46PM