Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh “The Punk” Thomson about his recovery from shoulder surgery, Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
PDG: Your good buddy Frank Shamrock is fighting Cung Le in about three weeks. How do you think this fight will go?

Josh: "Frank is a mystery to a lot of people, no one thought he was going to come out and stand with Baroni but that is exactly what he did. I think that threw Baroni's game off a little bit."

"He thinks his boxing is good and so he will try to use that to get into Cung’s face. I'm sure Frank thinks his boxing is that of a pro-level fighter but I can assure you that it is not. Frank is a legend in his own mind and so he will try to impose that on Cung in this fight."

"I also think deep down in his mind he remembers sparring with Cung years ago and so I'm sure he also remembers how many times he was dropped in those sparring sessions. If he goes into the clinch with Cung, that will be a mistake and he will get thrown to the ground. The bottom line is that the fight always starts on the feet and Cung is better than Frank in the standup game. I have to favor Frank for this fight as far as experience is concerned but I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE CUNG TO WIN THIS FIGHT."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/11/08 1:07:40AM   

Kugel

MMA Regular

Kugel Avatar

Career:1,516-892
Chips:
I just may have to agree with Thomson on Cung Le. At first I was all about picking Frank, but I think that Cung Le has great takedowns and takedown defense, so he should be able to beat the so called Legend. Should be a great fight though.

Post #2   3/11/08 10:01:03AM