Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Quinton Rampage vs. Chuck Liddell--First Fight *Video Inside*

Print  
Posted By Message

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I think this is a video most fans should see if they already haven't, first fight between Rampage and Chuck Liddell.

RAMPAGE vs LIDDELL

Post #1   2/20/07 12:03:58AM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
That's definitely a classic. However, IMO it doesn't properly represent both fighters currently. Rampage peaked young and was in his prime for that fight IMO. Chuck was a late bloomer. He seems to be in his peak right now.

I'll definitely be looking forward to the rematch. Rampage has much better stand up than anybody has faced since then which could still be the differential.

Post #2   2/20/07 12:14:18AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i wouldnt say peaked.. he just got outclassed by wandy and shogun, maybe that took the rage out of him somewhat but i wouldnt count rampage out...

he came in with a stragety for the first fight and i think he'll do the same this time around.. that being said i think rampage has a great defense against punches.. specially that overhand right

i say he rushes in with a left hook and gets the clinch for the slam.

Post #3   2/20/07 3:06:30AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i have already seen it like eleventeen times!

Post #4   2/20/07 3:48:08AM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

That's definitely a classic. However, IMO it doesn't properly represent both fighters currently. Rampage peaked young and was in his prime for that fight IMO. Chuck was a late bloomer. He seems to be in his peak right now.

I'll definitely be looking forward to the rematch. Rampage has much better stand up than anybody has faced since then which could still be the differential.

What I think you meant to say is that this fight was pre-Xyience.

Post #5   2/20/07 10:43:03PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by OB_Juan

What I think you meant to say is that this fight was pre-Xyience.

ahahaha

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #6   2/21/07 3:47:37PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:
That pic is priceless. True, though. Chuck back then sure as hell doesn't look like Chuck now. Not to mention the dude's 37 freaking years old. Xyience has been good to Chuck, don't doubt that for a second.

Post #7   2/21/07 9:50:33PM