Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC: mmafacts.com

Print  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Why is Matt Lindland the only none UFC fighter being a focus on a websight run by Zuffa to legalize mma in New York?

Any hints on this anyone?

Post #1   3/10/08 6:51:00PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,384-764
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It shows that people even out side the UFC think the sport is not the way it was made out to be years ago. I don't care who(and I really dislike Lindland) they have on there as long as the are showing their love of the sport and trying to show its not the sport it was 10 years ago. We need stuff like this to so the sport in positive light and just watching a show doesn't always do that. (there are some shows out there that aren't helping the sport along *Cough EliteXC Cough*) Some people need to be shown more and that web page does that. Also I wouldn't say they are focusing on Lindland as there are 6 other fighters with stories on the page as well.

Last edited 3/10/08 7:24PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   3/10/08 7:22:07PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
While I am also not a fan of Lindlands speeches, this makes me wonder. Now keep in mind UFC.com has a lot of fighters ot currently in the org. on their list of fighters. The MMAfacts. com website has him on the opening page of their list of athletes, and it is run by Zuffa supposedly . Still, Lindland was shown , and mentioned specifically by Rogan , on the Hendo/Silva broadcast. Could it be the UFC is trying to avoid a lawsuit from the IFL for tampering? The UFC doesn't sign non-exclusive deals, and the IFL wouldn't let him out of his deal to go on TUF 4. Although it's seems highly improbable, it is possible the UFC and Lindland have a hand-shake deal after his current IFL deal expires. Lindland was still talking smack on the Josh Gross show right after the Hendo fight, but I have a tiny bit of hope it's all just to throw off any tampering rumors. Anyway, I will sit on the grassy knoll with Oliver stone, and dream up conspiracy theories about it for a bit, as I would liek to see Lindland in the UFc in the hope that he would lose.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   3/10/08 7:31:36PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by telnights

It shows that people even out side the UFC think the sport is not the way it was made out to be years ago. I don't care who(and I really dislike Lindland) they have on there as long as the are showing their love of the sport and trying to show its not the sport it was 10 years ago. We need stuff like this to so the sport in positive light and just watching a show doesn't always do that. (there are some shows out there that aren't helping the sport along *Cough EliteXC Cough*) Some people need to be shown more and that web page does that. Also I wouldn't say they are focusing on Lindland as there are 6 other fighters with stories on the page as well.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I was maybe implying that Matt might be signed to the UFC. Just something to think about.

Post #4   3/11/08 2:36:19AM