Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vitor's future, your thoughts

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Holy sh**! What's the story behind it? Does anyone know?

Post #16   2/20/07 5:00:14PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Holy sh**! What's the story behind it? Does anyone know?

Just google "Priscilla Belfort kidnap" and you will find whatever you want to know. Here, I did it for you.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=priscilla+belfort+kidnap&btnG=Google+Search

So are you a newb or have you just been living under a rock the past 3 yrs?

Last edited 2/20/07 6:15PM server time by OB_Juan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   2/20/07 5:32:26PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Not everyone follows the personal lives of fighters.

And kidnappings are rather common in Brazil from what I hear. I worked with a girl who was kidnapped twice in her life. They usually ransom you back to the family for a small amount of cash, or just rape you and kill you. Its a hell of a place.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #18   2/21/07 2:36:16AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by OB_Juan

Not everyone follows the personal lives of fighters.

And kidnappings are rather common in Brazil from what I hear. I worked with a girl who was kidnapped twice in her life. They usually ransom you back to the family for a small amount of cash, or just rape you and kill you. Its a hell of a place.

should i assume thats why so many learn to fight? is it out of neccessity rather than "hey, i really think mma would be fun! do they still have a lot of nhb orgs?

Post #19   2/21/07 12:27:04PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
No offence to Vitor but he's still fighting he can't let his past be something that hinders him in the future if he wants to get back to the top. I think alot of people play on this but all in all I think he is a good fighter who hasn't fufilled his potential for whatever reasons, thus now he is just another B level fighter. No disrespect to his personal issues whatsoever.

Post #20   2/21/07 12:32:00PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,500-932
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

So are you a newb or have you just been living under a rock the past 3 yrs?w

/sigh

Perhaps he just hasn't spent time on lots of MMA message boards over the last couple years? There are fans who just watch all the events but aren't part of an online community. A kidnapping in Brazil isn't the kind of thing to make North American headlines. Apologies on the behalf of Waylon if he hasn't reached your level of knowledge yet

Last edited 2/21/07 1:09PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   2/21/07 1:07:34PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by OB_Juan

So are you a newb or have you just been living under a rock the past 3 yrs?w

/sigh

Perhaps he just hasn't spent time on lots of MMA message boards over the last couple years? There are fans who just watch all the events but aren't part of an online community. A kidnapping in Brazil isn't the kind of thing to make North American headlines. Apologies on the behalf of Waylon if he hasn't reached your level of knowledge yet

Its not his fault he isnt a Keyboard warrior. I get the feeling OB_Juan has had some forum bannign expericene has he is quick to flame people.

To all the People otu there. IF WE DONT HAVE "NOOBS" WE DONT HAVE NEW MMA FANS AND THE SPORT WILL DIE! I apologize for the caps but it had to be done.

Post #22   2/21/07 1:35:19PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:
Actually, it was a serious question. I meant no disrespect by "newb", just if he was a new fan. If you've been following the last couple years it's been nearly impossible to miss. it was a huge news story. Vitor even came out w/ her pic on his T-shirt at a UFC fight once (Eastman maybe?). Seriously, this story was as big in the MMA community as what Dick Cheney shooting a guy in the face was to the US.

Waylon, my apologies if I offended you as it was unintentional. I even googled it for ya.

Post #23   2/21/07 2:46:02PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
If you had been following MMA has you say you would Know he came out with the Picture of her on his shirt at his 2nd fight with Randy.

Try not to flame newbs. They are the future intelletucals.

Post #24   2/21/07 2:49:19PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

If you had been following MMA has you say you would Know he came out with the Picture of her on his shirt at his 2nd fight with Randy.

Try not to flame newbs. They are the future intelletucals.

And I'm sure you knew that exactly off the top of your head w/ no research whatsoever. Whatev... I knew it was one of the 2 fights where "the Old Vitor" returned. After seeing X many fights the events tend to blend together and quite frankly I haven't given a crap about Vitor since 2002.

Post #25   2/21/07 6:36:57PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2