Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

ANDERSON SILVA STANDS ALONE AT MIDDLEWEIGHT

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
1. Anderson Silva
The questions regarding Anderson Silva now aren’t so much about whom in the middleweight division can defeat him, but who in mixed martial arts? He has had six fights since entering the Octagon – capturing the UFC championship in only his second bout for the promotion – and he has yet to be taken outside of the second round. Finishing off Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, Travis Lutter, Chris Leben, and Rich Franklin… twice, what else is left for him? Yushin Okami is a likely challenger, but now speculation has started that he may soon have to step outside of the middleweight division for a marquee challenge.

2. Paulo Filho
Despite rumors of recent bouts with depression, what really counts in MMA is what happens in the cage, and there is no questioning of Filho’s accomplishments there. A training partner of Ricardo Arona and Anderson Silva, he has managed to keep his perfect record intact, to an impressive 16 wins and no defeats. He will rematch Chael Sonnen later this month in defense of his World Extreme Cagefighting championship, but despite early struggles in their first bout, he still found a way to win, as he always has.

3. Rich Franklin
The only man to stop Franklin since he emerged in the UFC has been Anderson Silva, and so far, that hasn’t seemed to be anything to be ashamed of, as Silva has been running rough shod through everyone. Franklin has remained a constant contender in the division by defeating everyone else he has faced, including Okami, Jason MacDonald, Evan Tanner, Dave Loiseau, and others.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/9/08 6:39:28PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
we dont need another thread that explains how dominate he is and will be, all this hype is kind of putting a buzzkill on his reign and gaining anderson haters people tend to hate the dominate fighters, lyoto, fedor, anderson, even wandy back when

Post #2   3/9/08 7:16:46PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
I would put Filho under Franklin. I would put Franklin under Lindland. Also Henderson wouldn't be in the top 3 for me- even though he is one of my favs- but he would be mentionable.

Post #3   3/9/08 7:26:43PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
WOW dan henderson is #9, FFS, what a terrible ranking system they have.

Post #4   3/9/08 8:26:55PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

WOW dan henderson is #9, FFS, what a terrible ranking system they have.

I thought exactly the same! He would crush people above him!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   3/9/08 8:51:20PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
except he doesnt stand alone. okami and then up and coming talent and people in other MMA orgs

Post #6   3/9/08 9:09:28PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

except he doesnt stand alone. okami and then up and coming talent and people in other MMA orgs

very true, the majority of the elite mw division is outside the ufc.

Yoshihiro Akiyama
Kazuo Misaki
Denis Kang
Paulo Filho
Robbie Lawler
Matt Lindland

would all pose bigger threats to anderson silva then any body in the ufc's mw division IMO

Post #7   3/9/08 9:12:43PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Yoshihiro Akiyama
Kazuo Misaki
Denis Kang
Paulo Filho
Robbie Lawler
Matt Lindland

would all pose bigger threats to anderson silva then any body in the ufc's mw division IMO

personally i dont see any of those guys comin close after what the spider has been doin in cage, he's one step ahead of everyone. the dude has KOed everyone and the 2 guys that were suppose to take him down (Lutter and Dan) got subbed.

Post #8   3/10/08 5:15:04AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by Pookie

Yoshihiro Akiyama
Kazuo Misaki
Denis Kang
Paulo Filho
Robbie Lawler
Matt Lindland

personally i dont see any of those guys comin close after what the spider has been doin in cage, he's one step ahead of everyone. the dude has KOed everyone and the 2 guys that were suppose to take him down (Lutter and Dan) got subbed.

you misunderstood what i said.
I was commenting on the fact that he still has serious competition outside of the ufc.
Not saying they would beat him, but rather that there is still people to mow down before he "STANDS ALONE AT MIDDLEWEIGHT"

Post #9   3/10/08 5:36:47AM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
Their description of Dan Henderson doesnt make sense. They say that after most fighters lose to anderson silva they drop out of their rankings because he is so dominate. If a guy is that dominate wouldnt that mean that your ranking could stay high after a loss because he was expected to win?

Post #10   3/10/08 8:41:50AM   

chokesetterjake

MMA Regular

chokesetterjake Avatar

Career:1,818-1,143
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
how about GSP the bigger welterweight? if they could meet in the middle of there weight classes that would be as big or bigger than the fedor couture fight IMO

Post #11   3/10/08 2:43:23PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Filho is the champ of WEC for crying out loud. Are these people out of their minds? He's undefeated because he's fighting in the UFC farm league. IMHO Dan Henderson would murder most everybody at MW.

Robbie Lawler?! Frank Trigg? Are these people on drugs?

Post #12   3/10/08 7:58:24PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:

Posted by chokesetterjake

how about GSP the bigger welterweight? if they could meet in the middle of there weight classes that would be as big or bigger than the fedor couture fight IMO

shit yeah

Post #13   3/10/08 10:07:02PM